Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:14 pm I'm looking for beta testers for my soon to release synth Odin 2:

So what is it?
- Kickass Sythesizer (Loads of features: draw oscillator waves, VA filters, onboard FX, much, much more)
- VST3 plugin
- Windows, MacOS and Linux

What's in for me?
- you get my plugin
- you get my plugin early
- you get the possibility to become an eternal synth legend by contributing your patches to the patch-library

What do I need to do?
- send me a PM with your email address, operating system and DAW(s)
- download the synth from my website (link below)
- use the synth
- report bugs with the form on my website
- provide general feedback (see "contact" on website)
- send me your sick patches for the library
- I won't scold you if you don't provide feedback ;-) but:

Please keep in mind that without any feedback the whole beta is in vain for me, so even "I didn't encounter any bugs" would be helpful information!

You can find the synth on
www.thewavewarden.com/odin2

I'm looking forward to your feedback!
TheWaveWarden
damm looks nice sems like the architecture is
3 osc(felexible between vecto analog wavetable) in parallel(FM ?? ,,, any cross osc modulation ?? like FM PM ??)
with 2 filters in (series + parallel mode with dry/wet control for ????)
with a end filter ??
and FX section
am i missing something else in sound generation dept

will send the PM now for testing ... looks a good synth

EDIT :
well,this i am proved completely wrong

few request for GUI
make it scalable (for a 1080p screen its still small)
the black textured background is kinda cumbersome
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:50 pm
3 osc(felexible between vecto analog wavetable) in parallel(FM ?? ,,, any cross osc modulation ?? like FM PM ??)
Yes - analog, wavetable, vector, and 8 other algorithms ;-) Two of them are FM and PM oscs in their own. But you can also apply FM between them via the modmatrix.
Apratim wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:50 pm with 2 filters in (series + parallel mode with dry/wet control for ????)
with a end filter ??
You can change between series or parallel processing for Filter1&2 mode via the signal-routing buttons in the GUI.
Apratim wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:50 pm few request for GUI
make it scalable (for a 1080p screen its still small)
I'll consider it - thanks!

well seems like the width knob dosent like high frequency high harmonic waveform.
sent you a bug report
it produces wierde noise when its turned up
instead of delaying it seems the right channel frequency is turned up or it somehow produces aliasing on right channel

EDIT yup produces aliasing on right channel only
aliasing.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I played with it for a while.
No problem with loading it and playing it with Reaper and CakewalkbyBandlab on windows 8.1.
Cakewalk have this randomize option for plugins settings. You can see the knobs moving to a different position. Sorry to say it also kills the audio coming from the plugin. It did not help to reset the settings. Had to delete it and start with a new instance of it and then the audio functioned again.
In Reaper the same thing happened to the audio after blindly changed settings in the search of a nice sound for approx 20 minutes straight. No sign of overload in Reaper but maybe it can happen internally. I did have distortion on and high boost but thought i had it under control with lowering the individual sections volume.
I do not know how these things interact. I just turn knobs and test thousands of settings to see if i can get a nice sound.
This concludes my testing. Maybe i can produce some presets. We'll see.

well .. the ctrl + click reset dosent works on the mod matrix mod amount .... cant set it back to the zero... have to dial it back with by moving the mouse for each

Apratim wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm EDIT yup produces aliasing on right channel only
Ok, I'll definitely look into this!
Saffran wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:40 am Cakewalk have this randomize option for plugins settings. You can see the knobs moving to a different position. Sorry to say it also kills the audio coming from the plugin.
Probably some discrete value getting interpolated by the host, killing the engine. For some reason, hosts see all parameters as continuous values, even dropdowns and buttons. Not sure what happened in your Reaper session, but I'll look into it.
Apratim wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:03 am well .. the ctrl + click reset dosent works on the mod matrix mod amount .... cant set it back to the zero... have to dial it back with by moving the mouse for each
Yup, I can see how this is annoying - will implement it. As an alternative there is the 'x' button to the right, which clears the entire modmatrix row.

About the oscillator gain, it could be great if it could go to - inf ( no sound). We can do it with a constant into the mod matrix but it could be better to do it directly into the osc panel.
Best
YY

I'm really impressed with this, you've thought of everything. I didn't experience any bugs in the 30mins or so I played with it. The oscillators and the filters sound really good and the interface it very well done. Thank you for the linux version, it's always nice to be included!

It would be cool if the delay could go shorter for Karplus Strong sounds.
linux

Alexis Isis wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:16 pm
It would be cool if the delay could go shorter for Karplus Strong sounds.
You could use the existing comb filter :wink:
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:41 am About the oscillator gain, it could be great if it could go to - inf ( no sound). We can do it with a constant into the mod matrix but it could be better to do it directly into the osc panel.
I'll consider it!
Alexis Isis wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:16 pm It would be cool if the delay could go shorter for Karplus Strong sounds.
Thanks for the kind words! You can also use the modmatrix to modulate the Delay line further down if needed.

would love to have a type of slope selector or variable slope on the ADSR envelops for those pluck sounds. that fixed slope dosent help much for making plucky/evolving arps

Apratim wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm would love to have a type of slope selector or variable slope on the ADSR envelops for those pluck sounds. that fixed slope dosent help much for making plucky/evolving arps
Yes, this is a very good suggestion!
However, one which needs a lot of changes behind the scenes and some rethinking of the GUI layout. I consider implementing it once I get the stability down. Might be before or after release.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:55 pm
Apratim wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm would love to have a type of slope selector or variable slope on the ADSR envelops for those pluck sounds. that fixed slope dosent help much for making plucky/evolving arps
Yes, this is a very good suggestion!
However, one which needs a lot of changes behind the scenes and some rethinking of the GUI layout. I consider implementing it once I get the stability down. Might be before or after release.
ok will keep you posted if any bug or suggestion is available ...currentely working on some presets.... and
1.is it possible to add the chip draw oscillator as option in the lfo.....will works as great sequencer instead of preciously drawing it in wavedraw osc
2.add a dropdown option for LFO shapes and for the lfo rate in sync mode

I downloaded the product, but without an installer for it, it's not at all clear to me how get Logic Pro X 10.4.8 to use it. I'm using Apple Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina. How do you install this product? I tried sending a bug report, but it apparently also got blocked.

Brother Greg wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:05 pm I downloaded the product, but without an installer for it, it's not at all clear to me how get Logic Pro X 10.4.8 to use it. I'm using Apple Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina. How do you install this product? I tried sending a bug report, but it apparently also got blocked.
Looks like there's no AU, just VST. Personally I don't see the point of Mac support without an AU as Mac users primarily use Logic.
You are currently reading my signature.

Return to “Instruments”