Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:04 pm I think everybody would perfectly understand if your rant was about the title of this topic as you're looking for a fresh start.
Just like the other developer you're talking about above....how many "fresh starts" does one deserve ?

:shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:22 pm
DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:04 pm I think everybody would perfectly understand if your rant was about the title of this topic as you're looking for a fresh start.
Just like the other developer you're talking about above....how many "fresh starts" does one deserve ?

one for each sock puppet?

:lol:

Honestly if he came in here and was like,

"Hey so, I apologize everyone, I have some issues I'm working out with my therapist, and my behavior in this thread has been a regression in my progress. I'm sure you can understand that it just makes me feel threatened when a bunch of people gang up on my business because it is both my livelihood and a project of passion, so I care a great deal about it, sometimes to the point of acting out online. You have my word I will try to do better going forward. For now, please rest assured my plugins are safe to use, and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences the hacking incident may have caused for you. In fact, if you were personally affected by this, send me a message and I will give you first access to an upcoming plugin before anyone else has it."

If he said something like that, I'd 100% forgive and forget and I'm sure the rest of you would too.

In my opinion a person deserves as many fresh starts as they ask for. But someone in here I think said, don't give undue forgiveness to a person who hasn't asked for it. And with his conduct, he certainly is not asking.

I have observed this deep collective hatred of Tunca for his past actions and a shortness of forgiveness around here. Maybe justifiably so. I could be the fool for defending a rascal. Clearly he's brought it on himself. He doesn't communicate in a polite manner. He has had a lot of missteps and backtracked on various statements. His first go at his business endeavor went down in malware flames.

How is he harming anyone today? I have seen a lot of dredging up of the past. I don't want to defend the guy for whatever shit he's done to wrong people in the past. He hasn't wronged me. But y'all need to ask yourselves at what point in time has he been flogged enough for past actions? If you don't like this developer and don't see yourself ever using any of his plugins, the path of least resistance is to ignore him and all threads about AO.

Were he to be a troll farmer with an army of sock puppets sticking up for his honor, prove it and have him permanently banned. He'll slip up eventually and not use the proxy one time. Even if you can't prove it, and he continues to defend himself with sock puppets as is alleged, I'm not seeing any real damage. I mean real damage.

For the record, I am not a Tunca loyalist, which is still a fair thing to call me for the positions I have taken. I have given him about $20 on Patreon to date.
Last edited by kidslow on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forgive perhaps...
trust, different question.

how many times you do let a dog bite you before giving it up as a bad dog?

I would probably stay away from the dog if it bit me once and I would move on. I wouldn't publicly flog it.

kidslow wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:34 pm.

Tuna loyalist,
the tuna loyalists were a great duo, i was sorry when "salmon doubt" left.

Omfg. Thread over. The best post has been made

kidslow wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:36 pm I would probably stay away from the dog if it bit me once and I would move on. I wouldn't publicly flog it.
id warn passers by it was a dangerous dog...

I would eat the dog and then bite Vurt

Teksonik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:22 pm

I'm talking about his new business model actually. Now that he's giving his plugins for free, you can't require the same things (support, quality) than from payware. And it seems to me this is what he's ranting about.

The other developper is simply an a$$hole.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

enCiphered wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:40 pm I would eat the dog and then bite Vurt
i like the cut of your moxy!
youre hired!!

:D :party:

kidslow wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:34 pm I have observed this deep collective hatred of Tunca
No you haven't. You haven't "observed" it, because it isn't there.
What you will find is people who are justifiably wary of him. But hatred? Nah!!

kidslow wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:34 pmHow is he harming anyone today? I have seen a lot of dredging up of the past. I don't want to defend the guy for whatever shit he's done to wrong people in the past. He hasn't wronged me. But y'all need to ask yourselves at what point in time has he been flogged enough for past actions? If you don't like this developer and don't see yourself ever using any of his plugins, the path of least resistance is to ignore him and all threads about AO
...just in case we were unsure about the calibre of your observations??

You do realise this thread was a year dead before a new member undead-ed it, right?

viewtopic.php?p=7701850#p7701850

Even then, once it had a chance of dying away a few weeks back, another new member brings it right back to the front-page:

viewtopic.php?p=7724999#p7724999

Like I said, I personally believe that Tunca is sending these folks over to do his bidding. Not sure it's working out for him, if that is the case :shrug:

hes the anti-spartacus :lol:

im not tunca and nor is my wife!

Return to “Effects”