im not tunca
No, but you are, a c**t.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:03 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:02 pm

im not tunca
No, but you are, a c**t.
takes one to know one.
cant.

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:02 pmim not tunca and nor is my wife!

:lol:

:hihi:

If looks could kill, they probably will
In DAWs without frontiers, men without hats!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDKLglEP5Y

Can the mods already close this thread? It's becoming really annoying from both sides, it seems to me like it's never gonna end.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:37 pm
scalawag wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:50 pm So you had to submit the zip file to an online scanner to know the plugins were infected?
No I didn't. I often use Virus Total as a backup or second opinion scanner. The proof is right in front of your eyes. For example Bitdefender is not prone to false positives yet it detected malware in the AO files.

scalawag wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:50 pmAgain, how dou you know you wasn't already infected with other malware before downloading AO plugins?
Because I do regular scans and I don;t normally download hinky files. Again the Virus Total screenshot shows you all you need to know if you know what you're looking for....notice Gen Variant Razy :wink:
scalawag wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:50 pmSorry but I can't believe a few plugins in a zip file will compromise your OS at a point you have to spend 24h cleaning it.
It didn't take me 24 hours. You're confusing me with someone else. It did however take me a several hours to do another deep system scan just to be sure I got everything.

Here's some information on Gen Variant Razy:

"Typical behavior for Trojans like Gen:Variant.Razy is one or all of the following:

Download and install other malware.
Use your computer for click fraud.
Record your keystrokes and the sites you visit.
Send information about your PC, including usernames and browsing history, to a remote malicious hacker.
Give remote access to your PC.
Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software".

Anyway AO already acknowledged there was malware in his downloads. Why you're still trying to defend him is beyond reason........ :roll:
Anyway, same question for you: did you run the plugins even if they were infected? If no, sorry but all the malware you found on your OS was already there before you downloaded AO zip file.
And i'm not defending Tunca. I never installed any plugin from him. Not even now that they are "free". You are misreading. He already explained what happened to his website hosting company The plugins are now free of virus and "free" for everyone, and judging by the comments they are quite good.

Scalawag, you don't have to run a plugin for there to be malware in it.

heavymetalmixer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:19 pm Can the mods already close this thread? It's becoming really annoying from both sides, it seems to me like it's never gonna end.
Don't be such a Tunca
Signatures are so early 2000s.

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:38 pm
kidslow wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:36 pm I would probably stay away from the dog if it bit me once and I would move on. I wouldn't publicly flog it.
id warn passers by it was a dangerous dog...
This. If someone asks "hey, is it ok to pet this dog?" I'm going to say that dog bites.

I don't hate the dog. I'm not against training the dog, but in the meantime, anyone wondering needs to know that dog bites and don't stick your hand out carelessly.

In this particular case, the dog keeps harassing the community with a bunch of fake accounts and BS rhetoric, and in very recent history the plugins had malware, in addition to generally having been unreliable in terms of bugs and version changes, and the business behind the plugins has a history of deception and being difficult to consumers.

When someone asks "so was there a controversy?", YES indeed there were many, and you probably want to know about it before you commit to these plugins. That's only fair. It's not hate, it's not unwarranted, it's not cruel. It's only fair to the people that might end up getting burned if not warned. In fact, not warning people would be unfair and cruel.

When a flurry of fake accounts show up to say "it's all good now, nothing to see here, ignore all the comments", that's wrong and has to be fought. Particularly, these fake accounts attacking community members and downvoting real honest opinions. It's offensive and we shouldn't stand for it at all. And defending this behavior is not ok, anyone defending this behavior is part of the problem.

scalawag wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:20 pmall the malware you found on your OS was already there before you downloaded AO zip file.

heavymetalmixer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:19 pm Can the mods already close this thread? It's becoming really annoying from both sides, it seems to me like it's never gonna end.
Try seeing it as dark comedy. :hihi:

claudedefaren wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:23 pm Scalawag, you don't have to run a plugin for there to be malware in it.
To infect your computer and take 24h of your time to clean it, yes you have to run it!

i guess you guys need something fun to do. here's the thing. there is NO INSTALLER with AO. even if there was some malware (possible at some point), it never made it into my system, it would have been unloaded to where ever you unwrapped the file, and i just down loaded and installed AO update today with no problems lol. the guy has been around for a long time. his stuff is good. but yes, he does things differently. i think he should finish his product before posting it. he just hasn't been in a position to do that i guess. there are other folks who do things differently.

Return to “Effects”