FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:54 pm Already lots in the pipeline guys. I'm excited for the future of BFD. :tu:
We can't say too much, but already ... well... already plenty of reasons for chin stroking wonder!

-Drew
As long as you incorporate Geist's slicing/sequencing tools and Maul's synthesis into it, we'll forgive you.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

medienhexer wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm
Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:54 pm Already lots in the pipeline guys. I'm excited for the future of BFD. :tu:
We can't say too much, but already ... well... already plenty of reasons for chin stroking wonder!

-Drew
So... some kind of chin controller, then. Yes, could work reasonably well with brush-based samples...
Damn. I said too much.

We're very excited about the new chin-controller. It will be the most elite 13-dimension midi controller on the market, and it will come in clean shaven and relic'd finishes. The tin man special edition comes with extra rust and tears too, for the authentic muso in your basement!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :phones: :tu:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

medienhexer wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm

-Drew
So... some kind of chin controller, then.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

InMusic is like a collector...

... of dead things pinned down under glass.

My experiences of expensive products being abandoned by M-Audio in the buyout by InMusic made me swear never again to buy from an InMusic brand (there’s a whole morgue of them... M-Audio, Alesis, Akai...).

I hadn’t bought BFD3 yet!! I’m still on BFD2! Since it’s not a drop-in replacement, I didn’t feel up to spending the money (I barely have money) and ALSO rebuilding my projects with BFD3.

Last time I contacted FXpansion about BFD, they said they weren’t planning to discontinue it... but I forgot to ask if it was likely to be acquired by a soulless scumbag corporation...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:38 pm
DMG68 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm Hopefully they start developing now, and fixing bugs...I hope this is a good thing. I’m not surprised, but this is preferred to seeing BFD die by slow neglect from FXPansion/Roli.
This is inMusic... they also own AIR Instruments. Updates are tumbleweed territory with them...
it will be dead within a year or two , like all other software products which are acquired by inMusic . no updates and no new versions . for me its a slap in the face that inMusic acquired BFD as i own BFD and 80 Percent of the whole Expansions Range from FXpansion and all 3rd Expansions developer . I invested so much money on the BFD product Range that i feels similar now to the Camel Audio Story .

:?

Seriously, though, I would for BFD to improve. GUI size is mentioned in every discussion, as well as the preset handling, but I also find the marketing tracks to sound the most different from my actual experience with the product.

AD2 and SSD5, to me, have the most usable presets and SD3 sounds most like real drums when played with a keyboard. Would be nice to see BFD be the best at something again.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:15 pm Seriously, though, I would for BFD to improve. GUI size is mentioned in every discussion, as well as the preset handling, but I also find the marketing tracks to sound the most different from my actual experience with the product.
GUI will be improved right after Hybrid 3 GUI is improved :hihi:

ROLI also sold Juce to Pace Ilok, they must be having financial difficulties, I don't think we will see more versions of Geist ...

My Geist 2 feels a lil more shaky today. Shit.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

carlosigls wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:18 pm ROLI also sold Juce to Pace Ilok
crivvens.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

revvy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:20 pm My Geist 2 feels a lil more shaky today. Shit.
Something something ectoplasma, cultural reference from the 80s that makes me look cool 👻
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

0degree wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:17 pm
medienhexer wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:15 pm Seriously, though, I would for BFD to improve. GUI size is mentioned in every discussion, as well as the preset handling, but I also find the marketing tracks to sound the most different from my actual experience with the product.
:hihi:
Maybe that's why they bought BFD - AIR GUI updates are ready to roll out of the door any day and they now have plenty of free resources to get some new brands on board.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:24 pm
0degree wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:17 pm
:hihi:
Maybe that's why they bought BFD - AIR GUI updates are ready to roll out of the door any day and they now have plenty of free resources to get some new brands on board.
This must be it! :help:
But seriously I'm a little worried about those products

For some reason I got the feeling that this will turn out to be another epic KVR thread full of some first class trolling and badass jokes. It already got that vibe. :hihi:
No signature here!

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:38 pm
DMG68 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm Hopefully they start developing now, and fixing bugs...I hope this is a good thing. I’m not surprised, but this is preferred to seeing BFD die by slow neglect from FXPansion/Roli.
This is inMusic... they also own AIR Instruments. Updates are tumbleweed territory with them...
And M-Audio... well, I'm not holding my breath here. Still mad at them for not continuing to support my Fast Track Ultra 8R. Great interface, sorry-ass drivers in desperate need of an update.

BFD used to be FXPansion's flagship product. Hmmmmm.......

Return to “Instruments”