FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

audiosabre wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:01 pm I dunno how I feel about this. I'm not a fan of these faceless companies and conglomerates
To be fair, we do have a 'face' for inMusic right here, in this thread :tu:

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:06 pm
revvy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:10 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:01 pm
revvy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm Google him then
Thanks. Now I’ll know who’s stupid face to blame when some of my favorite plugins are nothing but heaps of smoldering ash in a few years.
Ah yes, always good to blame the wrong folks. Chapeau.
If Apple fails I blame Tim Cook. Not sure why this standard differs for audio company CEOs.
They didn't make Pharrell CEO lol
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

softska wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:19 pm Wonder what is going to happen with challenge/response auth or it'll go ilok. Don't necessary want ilok but I want a product I can't install in the future even less
As a BFD Eco user I wonder if I have any hope at all of being able to install and authorize it again when this current 6-year-old computer bites the dust...
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:08 pm
audiosabre wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:01 pm I dunno how I feel about this. I'm not a fan of these faceless companies and conglomerates
To be fair, we do have a 'face' for inMusic right here, in this thread :tu:
With all due respect, they'll always be fxpansion guys to me. :shrug:

I wish them prosperity, & sincerely hope their enthusiasm isn't (or doesn't become) misplaced. I can't recall an instance of a music production related acquisition that ended up beneficial for me, the end user. Hopefully, they can buck that trend. :ud:

All the best. :hug:

audiosabre wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:01 pm I'll see how this plays out before I consider moving to an alternative. BFD still does it's job without any issues at this point so nothing to cry about, yet.
:tu:

audiosabre wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:58 pm I wish them prosperity, & sincerely hope their enthusiasm isn't (or doesn't become) misplaced. I can't recall an instance of a music production related acquisition that ended up beneficial for me, the end user. Hopefully, they can buck that trend. :ud:

All the best. :hug:
yes indeed :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

Drew or Skot, what brand is BFD going to transition to? Are they going to merge the BFD product line into an existing brand, or will you guys have the opportunity to do your own thing? Maybe start up your own brand? I think the latter would make people feel more at ease about the future of the product versus getting absorbed into a brand/subsidiary that might have a reputation for not updating products.

The current plan is to be a "BFD" brand alongside the others in inMusic; so the desktop software continues, and we pursue in-group synergies (apologies again for using that word, but it's appropriate) as project-partnerships within the inMusic group. The BFD team is very fired up for boosting development of the software again; and having the interest & resource backing of the other inMusic group brands will only strengthen our cause. Very much NOT getting chopped up for parts. There's too much value for the group in having the core BFD software continue development & getting stronger, whilst we also find ways for it to work with the many drum-related arms of the inMusic product portfolio.

The ongoing sales / support / delivery relationship with FXpansion is a practical solution to just how embedded all things BFD are within FXpansion's IT systems, so while we spin that up in inMusic, we have a long friendly grace period to transfer everyone/everything over smoothly.
SKoT McDonald
BFD | inMusic

plenty of reasons for chin stroking wonder
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yeah sorry, I'm with the Negative Nancys on this one. InMusic do not inspire confidence as a forward-thinking brand. Air, Sonivox - no updates, sales for $1 etc. Akai, Alesis and M-Audio shadows of their former selves.

BFD3 is fine so isn't suddenly going to stop working because of this, but I'm hardly confident buying any more content for this (in fact I already stopped with Wooden Snares as I realised shortly after that things were going south).

I hope I'm proved wrong.

I was surprised by the level of debt that Roli had acquired over the years,so anybody with a Roli keyboard should pay attention...

BFD3 is a great drum program and I hope that the development continues, but as a Win 7 user,the latest updates have been useless to me...

Did the Geist assets also get transferred,or just BFD ?
Last edited by digitalboytn on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:47 pm Drew or Skot, what brand is BFD going to transition to? Are they going to merge the BFD product line into an existing brand, or will you guys have the opportunity to do your own thing? Maybe start up your own brand? I think the latter would make people feel more at ease about the future of the product versus getting absorbed into a brand/subsidiary that might have a reputation for not updating products.
As Skot said, it will be it's own brand with strong tie-ins with other brands as is relevant.

Listen, I understand people's trepidation on this. We've been through it once before. What I can say is as one of the individuals involved, this feels completely different.

Onwards and upwards is my take on all this. I'm sure we can deliver some really cool things for you guys in the future. :tu:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:28 am Did the Geist assets also get transferred,or just BFD ?
Just BFD, Geist stays with FXpansion.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

^ Goes without saying - good luck to all at BFD and FXP.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

+1 Good luck to all BFD users.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

inMusic is a famous corpse collector... Sorry.

BFD will be successfully mummificated.

Return to “Instruments”