v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

yellukhan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 am just for the record
seems we have to activate the "Auto-Apply" checkbox for this to work.
The shortcut is equivalent of pressing the "Randomize!" button. It does nothing more.
yellukhan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 am while
"Send all keyboard input to plug-in" is active (Reaper),
is it possible to make the Spacebar / play
to send through to Host again, if we click to empty arrangement areas
or an empty part of the RC GUI ?
I'll see if this is possible. The RC plug-in get the spacebar keyboard event from Reaper. I could send it back but Reaper may send it back to RC again...
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

BluGenes wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:04 pm awesome.. so, sounds like a new structure format internally for RC for notes and phrases, will this be a problem with backward compatibility with compositions?
This feature alone would not break compatibility but there will be serious internal redesign in v4.0 which will. I plan to post backward compatible betas as "v3.9betaX" as long as I can, then switch to "v4.0betaX" when I cannot maintain backward compatibility anymore. There will be more modern UI changes in v3.9betas shortly...

Thanks,
Attila

lasvideo wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:19 pm As I started going thru the "Settings" tutorial, I discovered that RC Beta 3.9 would not load my VST 2 plugins ( Philharmonic 2, Sample Tank 3 and Szforzando.) I get this error ....

"Plug-in "Philharmonik 2.vst" entry point not found.
No VST instrument or wrong architecture."
Hi Tom,

I am sorry, I could not reply immediately because I wanted to give some thoughts to this problem. At the moment I don't know why this is happening. RC includes all the necessary digital signatures and notarization from Apple that would break things if missing.

The forum post that you quoted was a build issue which I fixed then, and after this no-one complained about plug-ins not loading.
Is there a difference if you install v3.84? If so, I should check the new installer, which first appeared in v3.9b10.

EDIT: Is it possible that these plug-ins are 32-bit? Because those won't be loaded. Some DAWs use a bridge to load both 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins.

Thanks,
Attila

Well your synth plugin loaded just fine.
But I checked on the 3 that I mentioned and they are all 64 bit so Im confused why they wont load.

Can you suggest a good orchestral plugin that you know other Catalina mac users have successfully loaded into RC?

No worries!
I just found a wonderful sound font collection that will work just fine for creating music in RC. When I move the files to Studio One V4 I will then use Philharmonic 2.

The issue I had with VST plugins not loading into Mac have been fixed by the amazing Attila. Once again proving his software and tech support are second to none! :)

lasvideo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 pm The issue I had with VST plugins not loading into Mac have been fixed by the amazing Attila. Once again proving his software and tech support are second to none! :)
What was the solution, so the rest may know.. ? Also, if you are using Philharmonic 2, you have the key switch control file available for RC.. ;)

Attila just needed to make a fix to the beta software. ;)

RapidComposerVST > Local SEQ > Play is not sending the audio tracks out only Midi,
so I only hear the midi in the DAW and don't hear the audio tracks.
I can hear them both when Local SEQ is off and RCvst is playing along in sync with the DAW.

The latest release is blacking out in Reaper, it's playing ok:

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:51 am
yellukhan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 am just for the record
seems we have to activate the "Auto-Apply" checkbox for this to work.
The shortcut is equivalent of pressing the "Randomize!" button. It does nothing more.
Right!
i was referring randomize the selected generator, without opening the phrase inspector. :oops:
musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:51 am
yellukhan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 am while
"Send all keyboard input to plug-in" is active (Reaper),
is it possible to make the Spacebar / play
to send through to Host again, if we click to empty arrangement areas
or an empty part of the RC GUI ?
I'll see if this is possible. The RC plug-in get the spacebar keyboard event from Reaper. I could send it back but Reaper may send it back to RC again...
ah! fingers crossed anyway :pray:

lasvideo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:26 pm Attila just needed to make a fix to the beta software. ;)
Yes, it was my fault. Somehow the application lost its entitlements which included loading unsigned plug-ins. Recently the build process changed a lot (building app+3 plug-ins, new installer).
I am happy that this is fixed now. Thanks for reporting this problem, lasvideo!

Attila

crossovercable wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 am RapidComposerVST > Local SEQ > Play is not sending the audio tracks out only Midi,
so I only hear the midi in the DAW and don't hear the audio tracks.
I can hear them both when Local SEQ is off and RCvst is playing along in sync with the DAW.
Yes, this is a known limitation. :( "LOCAL SEQ" uses an internal sequencer with own timing but it does not handle audio. I will fix this shortly.

Thanks,
Attila

crossovercable wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:33 am The latest release is blacking out in Reaper, it's playing ok:
Hi crossovercable,
Yes, this is how it worked before v3.9b14 when I made resizing smoother.
Are you sure you have seen this with v3.9b14 and not with an earlier version?

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”