Melodya topic (was Melodya v1.0 announced...)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Melodya

Melodya is an advanced motive editor and melody generator VST/VST3/AU plug-in which is simple to use but at the same time it offers many detailed settings for deeper control. It not just creates new melodies but can mutate existing melodies in different ways. The generated melody can be freely edited.

Features

• motive editor and one-click melody generation based on detailed rhythm and shape options
• advanced rhythm mapping algorithm that makes separation of shape and rhythm possible
• several melodic and rhythmic transformations used in famous, well-known melodies
• suitable for modern genres: a "Modern" rhythm generator is included (+2 others)
• a simple single-page UI which is fully customizable (colors, fonts, keyboard shortcuts...)
• MIDI file import. The dropped MIDI file can be split into melody sections that can be changed or regenerated
• melody generation and mutating an existing melody for a single click
• simple activation. No internet connection is required for activation or operation.

Why is Melodya so powerful?

• shape and rhythm is separated. Due to the advanced rhythm mapping algorithms you can use the same motive shape with multiple rhythm patterns, or the same rhythm with multiple shapes, as often happens in top hits regardless of the music genre
• several melodic and rhythmic transformations used: inversion, contour transformation, rhythm displacement, inserting lead-in notes, inserting connecting notes to mention a few.
• detailed melody and rhythm options with 3 rhythm generators included.

Available for Windows and macOS (VST, VST3, AU).

Intro offer: order Melodya for $39 until May 25!

More info: http://www.musicdevelopments.com
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

That looks interesting (especially the "simple to use" :-) ) but even when it should be simple to use what I miss on first look is definitely the option to follow a chord progression. Randomn melody generation based on scale only will be hard to integrate in an existing songstructure with chord progression already (or at least the "simple to use" will be gone with trying to manually adjust this).

I wrote about this already ..)) +1

The demo version does not work in either Logic or StudioOne. I only see a red screen with some text explaining the limitations of the demo version.
iMac Pro, Logic Pro X, VSL SE, Ark 1&2, Spitfire and other orchestral libraries, one of a pair with Ines, two cats

You should press the "Demo Mode" button to start the demo version.
I have tried and it works well in StudioOne.

I may add a "master track" with chords later, but that will make things more complex.
This plug-in supports the following workflow: make a great melody, then drop it to your DAW, harmonize it, and finish composition.
If there is demand, I am willing to add a master track with chords, but you already have that in RapidComposer where you can use the Melody Generator for that purpose. This is just the first version, so please be gentle with me :)
Thanks,
Attila

:dog: You are right, Attila! :tu:

I am willing to add a master track with chords
Great :tu:
but you already have that in RapidComposer
Yes and I have the full version since years, only thing it lacks is the "simple to use" :hihi:

Same with this
harmonize it
I know it will be an ongoing struggle between the two versions but I wont ask (I promise :-) ) to add for nothing more for this then a master track or anything where I can put in a chordprogression and make the melody follow that.

I wont even mind if this will be split in another plug to follow some actual devellopment trend (Captain plugins, Orb producer....) and leaves room for some other "outsourcing" from Rapid Composer for later on.

Hi Attila
Conratulations on Melodya.

I own a copy of Rapid Composer Full edition. Is there, or will there be, anything in the new Melodya plugin that will not be in Rapid Composer?

Thanks
BB

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 am If there is demand, I am willing to add a master track with chords, but you already have that in RapidComposer where you can use the Melody Generator for that purpose. This is just the first version, so please be gentle with me :)
I guess for me, RapidComposer overall is too complex for an unsophisticated guy like me to use. But I think even I could deal with inputting a master chord track for melody generation purposes in Melodya. :wink: So I do encourage you to go down that road if you're willing!

How does this handle incoming MIDI notes? Maybe it could pick up the chords from this? (Not exactly sure how – maybe some sort of "listen" or "record" mode to record a certain length of incoming notes to form the chord sequence to then build off of?)

This is a correct remark regarding the processing of incoming MIDI notes, for example, from a connected MIDI controller!

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 16.05.14.png
I just tried it in Studio One on my MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.4. It opens with half a message visible and no demo box, I guess it would be ok on a 22" screen. On a 13" I can't do anything with it except delete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I also tried Melodya in Tracktion Waveform V10, enough of the display opened to reduce it to fit the screen. But then it crashed the audio engine. I tried it in Waveform V11 and got the same result as Studio One.

Yes, I am afraid on macbook retina screens the UI is totally scaled up, like on the screenshot. Sorry about that, fix will arrive shortly! It works well on non-retina screens at the moment, like on my external monitor.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”