DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

heffalumps_nwoozles wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:28 pm Hello, Thanks so much for your scripts! I have been using them for years now.
For the first time, I'm having major problems after upgrading to version 3.1 for the Akai APC40mkII.
None of the clips launch buttons light up when they contain clips. I cannot start or stop clips from the clip launcher. The volumes work, as well as the global Play, Pan, record, solo...
But nothing from the clip pad buttons.
When reopening Bitwig, the scene launch buttons are lit (rows 1,2,4 and 5, but not 3).
Previously, I recall needing to press SHIFT+SceneLaunch(top row) in order to enter the normal clip launch mode. Now that button press combination has no effect.
Thanks for your help! I know you must be busy with version 3.2, I hope we don't get left behind on 3.1 because I can't afford to renew my Bitwig license at the moment.
Are you running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98 ?

tslays wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:14 am
moss wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:12 pm I just released DrivenByMoss 8.98 as well as a 9.0 Beta version, which fixes some issues with API changes in Bitwig 3.2.

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

• Requires Bitwig 3.1.3
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Sometimes non-existing notes appeared when switching sequencer pages
  • OSC
    • New: Added /device/parameters {0,1}
    • Fixed: OpenStageControl template: Fixed touch commands on faders
9.00 Beta 3
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2 Beta 3
  • Known Issues: OSC User parameters are broken
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Grid pads did only play MIDI notes but did not execute secondary function - necessary adaption to API 11
  • Push
    • Fixed: User parameters did not display infomation (name, value, ...), modulated value still missing - necessary adaption to API 11
    Enjoy!
Tested with 3.2 Beta 3 and 9.00 Beta 3: Launchkey Mini MK3 and Launchpad Mini Mk3 do work again in the drum modes.

Thanks!!
Tested the Poly Sequencer on the Launchpad Mini MK3 and I cannot input any notes. This might be one more bug.

strovoknights wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:40 pm Hi,Mr.Moss.
I love DrivenByMoss and MCU Devices.
I have X-Touch One and Platform Nano.but I cna't previous /next Parameter Pages.
I can move 1 parameter,not prameter Pages.
Please move next page,as Platform M+ etc like as Standard MCU Devices .
Please add previous/next parameter bank pages.
Platform Nano has 4 Knobs and swiching 5-8 knobs .
Its very usefull.
Please add new features.
Thanks for read.
I love DrivenByMoss.and thanks for your hard work!
You can already do that with the X-Touch One if you sacrifice 2 buttons, e.g. F1 and F2:

1) Press Stop + Press the edit knob to enter the configuration mode
2) Make sure that you have selected the "MCU user" mode.
3) Keep F1 pressed and select "CHAN <" with the edit knob.
4) Keep F2 pressed and select "CHAN >" with the edit knob.
5) Press the edit knob 3 times to leave configuration mode

F1 will now select the previous page, and F2 the next.

moss wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:28 pm
heffalumps_nwoozles wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:28 pm Hello, Thanks so much for your scripts! I have been using them for years now.
For the first time, I'm having major problems after upgrading to version 3.1 for the Akai APC40mkII.
None of the clips launch buttons light up when they contain clips. I cannot start or stop clips from the clip launcher. The volumes work, as well as the global Play, Pan, record, solo...
But nothing from the clip pad buttons.
When reopening Bitwig, the scene launch buttons are lit (rows 1,2,4 and 5, but not 3).
Previously, I recall needing to press SHIFT+SceneLaunch(top row) in order to enter the normal clip launch mode. Now that button press combination has no effect.
Thanks for your help! I know you must be busy with version 3.2, I hope we don't get left behind on 3.1 because I can't afford to renew my Bitwig license at the moment.
Are you running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98 ?
Just to be sure I gave it a spin and it works fine here.

Hi, guys!
I'm experiencing some issues when using APC40 mk2 with Bitwig 3.1.2 (win10) running Moss script 8.9.8.
So, the issue is I cant change resolution neither in Drum, nor in Sequencer mode upon clicking on "Stop all clips" button, just like manual says. Its just stop corresponding row of clips instead, which is not okay. Has anyone experienced such issues? Thanks in advance

Farmatique wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:59 pm Hi, guys!
I'm experiencing some issues when using APC40 mk2 with Bitwig 3.1.2 (win10) running Moss script 8.9.8.
So, the issue is I cant change resolution neither in Drum, nor in Sequencer mode upon clicking on "Stop all clips" button, just like manual says. Its just stop corresponding row of clips instead, which is not okay. Has anyone experienced such issues? Thanks in advance
Hmm, seems this feature got lost somehow. Will fix it...

moss wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:55 am
Farmatique wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:59 pm Hi, guys!
Hmm, seems this feature got lost somehow. Will fix it...
Thanks a lot Moss, for all the effort you put in that outstanding script!

Hi, Moss. A question about Play/Stop button in Flexi and OSC scripts. There only separate commands for each of action - or play or stop. I just trying to get the same behavior like Spacebar on qwerty. Also I see "/playbutton" in the OSC script (even in "OSCTest.maxpat") but it's actually not presented in script. I see "unknown OSC command" via Bitwig console. I hope the API has this command and hope you can implement it for Flexi and OSC.

Thank you for your work.

Hey Moss, thank you for these. I use the APC40mkii quite a bit and it’s so awesome. I’m curious if you plan to add the Launchpad Pro mk3? It’s an awesome piece and I’d love to use it with Bitwig.

hey
Can you please add Presonus ATOM controller for your next update? please please please :pray:
I'm trying to map it all by myself on the general-flexi but my ADHD just wont let me do it - :dog:
there is an bitwig official extension for the atom controller but it only works with half of the features

cheers

mrfrenkie wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 pm Hi, Moss. A question about Play/Stop button in Flexi and OSC scripts. There only separate commands for each of action - or play or stop. I just trying to get the same behavior like Spacebar on qwerty. Also I see "/playbutton" in the OSC script (even in "OSCTest.maxpat") but it's actually not presented in script. I see "unknown OSC command" via Bitwig console. I hope the API has this command and hope you can implement it for Flexi and OSC.

Thank you for your work.
I just tried /playbutton and it works fine here. Are you using the latest DrivenByMoss release?

Nastynachos wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:36 am Hey Moss, thank you for these. I use the APC40mkii quite a bit and it’s so awesome. I’m curious if you plan to add the Launchpad Pro mk3? It’s an awesome piece and I’d love to use it with Bitwig.
Yes, hope to get one early June.

Kasper3030 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:24 am hey
Can you please add Presonus ATOM controller for your next update? please please please :pray:
I'm trying to map it all by myself on the general-flexi but my ADHD just wont let me do it - :dog:
there is an bitwig official extension for the atom controller but it only works with half of the features

cheers
Sorry, don't have an ATOM.

moss wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:34 am
Nastynachos wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:36 am Hey Moss, thank you for these. I use the APC40mkii quite a bit and it’s so awesome. I’m curious if you plan to add the Launchpad Pro mk3? It’s an awesome piece and I’d love to use it with Bitwig.
Yes, hope to get one early June.
Awesome! Thanks so much.

moss wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:33 am I just tried /playbutton and it works fine here. Are you using the latest DrivenByMoss release?
DrivenByMoss-9.00-Beta3-Bitwig + Bitwig Studio 3.2 Beta 3 + macOS 10.14.6. The /playbutton triggered directly from "OSCTest.maxpat". All other commands are working fine

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

And what's about Flexi? Where can i find this action?

Return to “Controller Scripting”