Melodya topic (was Melodya v1.0 announced...)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Melodya

Can/will Melodya do anything that RC cannot?

Melodya crashes Logic and looks like this:
Screen 2020-05-04 kl. 22.06.29.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks Attila - if I get a chance I'll try it in the studio with an external monitor. I'm also puzzled by the performance in Tracktion Waveform, it doesn't seem to work and then crashes the DAW. I would probably use it in Studio One so it's not a big problem.

Congratulations and best wishes on your new release Attila!

Problems in Studio One 4 (latest) on Mac OS X High Sierra OS 10.13.6 ––

1 - Can't activate Melodya demo. Don't see anything in plugin window. Playing around with zooming the window by dragging at lower right of window eventually can see text in large type. After more resizing eventually saw "Demo button, but clicking it does nothing and the button doesn’t seem to be active.

2 - Consistent crashes of Studio One when removing Melodya from the Studio One project.

This is with the VST 3 of Melodya. That's the only version that appeared in Studio One browser after installing Melodya.

My 2 cents -- would be great to add option to use a simple chord track that you manually input the chords into. Doesn’t have to be fancy.

I will very likely get Melodya especially that Attila says he is ready willing and able to add features. For me I like working with midi fx when chord are outputted. My weakens is chords not midi notes but as mentioned above if chords really messes up the workflow it will not be worth it.

But then a midi fx chain with a chord app may do it for me. Any suggestions for a chain using Melodya?

I clicked on the dice 4 times without changing anything. The second and fourth melodies were absolutely beautiful.(It helps that I have Nexus piano playing). Saved them as presets. Melodies (along with riffs) are more important to me than chord progressions. I have RC also and hope to spend more time on it to master it.

Works perfectly in reaper. I Just purchased.

Thank you.

I am sorry about the UI rendering issues on retina monitors, they are fixed now in v1.01.
Please download and install the update.
Thanks, everyone for the comments!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

As I am looking around for some harmonization options before the master/chordtrack might be there I wonder if someone has any good and easy ideas ?

I will try out the Melody import function in Captain plugins but as this dont generate a fitting chord progression I am not sure if this is a useful way.

Orb Composer does this but then your outside your daw again and will have to work with two tools so "easy" will be gone.

There are lots of other standalone Applications but a simple harmonization tool for daw which generates chordprogression for existing melody ?

And a question for Attila, I have not installed so far but only have a quick look on the manual: is ther even an option to save the midi file as file for standalone apps or "only" drag and drop (which of course is much better to use inside daw) ?

Now the UI looks OK in Logic. But clicking on "Demo" causes Logic to hang. And if I instead click in an empty area of the UI Logic crashes instantly. Please fix.

hummersallad wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:12 am Now the UI looks OK in Logic. But clicking on "Demo" causes Logic to hang. And if I instead click in an empty area of the UI Logic crashes instantly. Please fix.
Confirmed. At least in latest Logic / 10.4.6 Mojave, clicking on "Demo" in the v1.01 MidiFX AU causes an endless hang.

I'm looking forward to trying this once these issues are sorted out!

I am working on the fixes with Logic, thanks for reporting them!
I expect another update tomorrow.
Thanks,
Attila

Musical Gym wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:06 pm Can/will Melodya do anything that RC cannot?
Melodya is already part of RC (only in the beta version, officially it will be in v4.0).
I implemented a special phrase called "Melody Editor" which remembers all melody settings that are editable under the new Melody Editor tab.

Thanks,
Attila

This demo doesn't work in Cubase Pro 10 and 10.5 (latest builds)!
It caused Cubase to become unresponsive when I click on the "Demo" button.
I ran Cubase as admin too, restarted the PC, same issue!
On latest Windows 10 Pro 1909.

I tried adding Melodya to an existing project and a brand new project, first plugin loaded in the new project and it fails! I waited for 5-10 minutes, nothing, I have to end Cubase in Task Manager.

Installed and some questions already:

- my daw only found the vst3, not the vst2. Is that installed to a default place (which is not my vst2 folder) like with vst3 ? Would be great if this could be set manually.
- Is there no in sync play with the daw started from the play button of the daw ? I have not read the manual so far but could not find anything on the gui, play just plays from inside melodya, the loop button loops this, but if I hit the play button on the daw does not seem to have any influence.
- this in sync play is absolutely needed (I hope I have overseen something obvious) cause if you have a songstructure already and want to add a melody you have to hear the whole song in sync playing to the created melody
- as this might have been undergoing in the installation problems again: is there an option to save the generated melody as midi FILE somewhere instead of drag and drop to daw ? Cause this would be needed if you have to use standalone for harmonization till there might be the master track with chord progression
- I cant imagine there is none but dragged and dropped midi has none and I did find nothing in the settings/variations so: where is the velocity variation ?

Melodya 1.0.1 consistently crashes Studio One 4 when clicking Demo, on Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”