Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Saffran wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:59 pm I have gone thru the presets and my should been there but wasn't.
Ouch, did you send them to me?
Sorry if I forgot to add those, not cool :dog:
I'll add the ones you uploaded now!

TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Saffran wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:59 pm I have gone thru the presets and my should been there but wasn't.
Ouch, did you send them to me?
Sorry if I forgot to add those, not cool :dog:
I'll add the ones you uploaded now!
Yes, do that. There's a piano in there that i'm kind of proud over.

PS. Maybe i should tell you all that my presets are basic and you control the notes by playing them yorself. Very little mod matrix use and no drones, pads or percussion.

Saffran wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:37 pm Yes, do that. There's a piano in there that i'm kind of proud over.
Ok cool!

If you want to, you can save them under more descriptive names, or I'll do it before release. :wink:
You can of course leave your name in there, although I would prefer it at the end "XYZ_saffran.odin".

Otherwise when sorted alphabetically there will be an entire chunk saffran_a, saffran_b sitting in one block :tu:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:40 pm
Saffran wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:37 pm Yes, do that. There's a piano in there that i'm kind of proud over.
Ok cool!
If you want to, you can save them under more descriptive names, or I'll do it before release. :wink:
You can of course leave your name in there, although I would prefer it at the end "XYZ_saffran.odin".
Otherwise when sorted alphabetically there will be an entire chunk saffran_a, saffran_b sitting in one block :tu:
Please remove my name before release. Thanks.
I don't do much preset-making and don't feel the need to advertise myself.
It's just to id so the recipient know what's going on. What sounds like a guitar to me could sound like a clavinet to another person. I leave it to the recipients to make up their own mind about the names.

Hi, Warden, is Odin 2 skinnable? Maybe some of us testers could try some stuff with the GUI as well.

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:15 am Hi, Warden, is Odin 2 skinnable? Maybe some of us testers could try some stuff with the GUI as well.
I think not. I say "I think" because I thought Odin 1 wasn't skinnable either, but at some point somebody came like "So nice Odin is skinnable, look at this" :D

What do you want to try? I'm happy for a discussion here!

I'd say we could colaborate on it or something, but maybe "mix and match" isn't the best idea here. To my latest counting odin uses 690 graphic assets :)

I finallt tried the Beta. One remark: When I double click in a control to enter values using the numeric pad of my keyboard, in the beginning I was having a hard-time getting the black rectangle to enter the value. Many times, it flashes and disappears. I have to double click several times to get it there so I'm able to enter data.

This seems to be better now. Maybe it was my error (begginer's error)

One question (sorry if it was already answered). Where does Odin stores the wavetables? is it able to read external wavetables in WAV format? If yes, where should I store those, so that the synth can find them? I am in Windows 7.

Another question: How do we edit the individual oscillators when in Vector. I see I can choose a lot of oscillator types for each of the four vectors, but I found no way to open an editor for each oscillator.

EDIT: It seems I have to load those oscillators in another slot in order to edit them. Not very practical, IMO. I was expecting to have a window opening (for example when I double clicked the respective letter) where I could edit them.

EDIT2: It works with SpecDraw, but not WaveDraw.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:22 am One question (sorry if it was already answered). Where does Odin stores the wavetables? is it able to read external wavetables in WAV format?
Currently not possible, but I'll probably add that in a future update.
fmr wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:22 am EDIT: It seems I have to load those oscillators in another slot in order to edit them. Not very practical, IMO. I was expecting to have a window opening (for example when I double clicked the respective letter) where I could edit them.

EDIT2: It works with SpecDraw, but not WaveDraw.
Are you sure you are using the correct ones? Wavedraw 1 uses the wave which was drawn in osc-slot 1. Also, you need to hit the "apply" button beside the wavedraw window.
Please report back if this issues persists.
Screenshot from 2020-05-06 13-17-56.png
Note also that the wavedraw oscs don't have to be visible in order to use them in the vector-osc. That's just where you draw the wave.

Regarding usability: Yeah I get how this is superconfusing coming from the other side. The history of how this came to be is: I had all the draw oscs in place, then I thought it would be nice to allow the vector osc to access these as well. Hence the structure you see ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here's a quick sneak-peek of what is to come with the next update:
arp.png
In case it is not clear: It's an arp (maybe also a step-sequencer, read on)

It has all the basic features you'd want from an arp:
length / octaves / direction /gate

plus some bonus stuff:
Each step can be turned on/off, number of steps can be controlled, one-shot mode

Here's where I want your suggestions:
The upper row of knobs will be an extra modulation source, so you'll be easily able to modulate each step of the arpeggio however you want.

The lower row could be either one of the following:

option a))
Yet another row of modulation targets, so each step has two freely assignable mod-sources.
This would further strenghen the module as a very flexible arpeggiator

option b)
A [-24,24] semitones transpose knob for the current step.
This would give the module the capabilities of a step-sequencer.

Also: How important are the following features to you in an arp (as they are currently not planned):
- latch (hold notes until next are played)
- non-tempo synced time control

What do you think? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:15 pm Here's a quick sneak-peek of what is to come with the next update:

arp.png

In case it is not clear: It's an arp (maybe also a step-sequencer, read on)

It has all the basic features you'd want from an arp:
length / octaves / direction /gate

plus some bonus stuff:
Each step can be turned on/off, number of steps can be controlled, one-shot mode

Here's where I want your suggestions:
The upper row of knobs will be an extra modulation source, so you'll be easily able to modulate each step of the arpeggio however you want.

The lower row could be either one of the following:

option a))
Yet another row of modulation targets, so each step has two freely assignable mod-sources.
This would further strenghen the module as a very flexible arpeggiator

option b)
A [-24,24] semitones transpose knob for the current step.
This would give the module the capabilities of a step-sequencer.

Also: How important are the following features to you in an arp (as they are currently not planned):
- latch (hold notes until next are played)
- non-tempo synced time control

What do you think? :)
:hail: :wheee: :hyper: I wanted to find a "drool" emoticon but sadly I can't. I'm not concerned about the features you mentioned I just want this as you have planned it. :tu:

Ah I forgot to mention: Send me an email if you're up for testing an early build - it will be a few days before it is ready though.

You could make note pitch be available as a mod destination for the arp?

onerob wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:35 pm You could make note pitch be available as a mod destination for the arp?
Well the arp only triggers voices, so there would be no difference to just modulating the osc-pitch?
Or am I missing your point?

I should have said "mod destination for the second row" - more like having 'transpose' as one of the destination options in the mod matrix when using the row of knobs as a source.

Return to “Instruments”