MuLab & MUX Plugin 8.6.9

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MuLab 8.6.4 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Spectral Stretch: New 'Post End Mode' called "Avoid" which also is the new default.
    This will result in more smoothly glued adjacent slices :phones:
  • Audio sequences: Split Using Markers was not always working right. Fixed.
  • Audio sequences: When playing unstretched sample events, the audio end marker was not always taken into account. Fixed.
  • Audio sequence editor: When double-clicking a sample event to open the sample editor, now the relevant section is automatically zoomed in.
  • Audio sequence editor: Sample events that play reversed audio where not drawn with marker lines. Fixed.
  • Render To New Audio Part: The Auto Latency Compensation was not always immediately right. Fixed.
  • When previewing MuClips from the browser and there was no active loop in the composition, these MuClips were not properly synced. Fixed.
  • When importing a MIDI file and there only is a tempo event at the very start of it, then the resulting composition tempo is properly set but no tempo event is inserted in the tempo track.
    That way it's more easy to change the tempo of such imported MIDI file.
  • Windows 32 bit version: Fixed a potential crash bug when using very big samples or applying functions on very large audio segments.
  • Misc. mini improvements.
How to update MuLab:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

One i thing i only ask for been here since version 5 to be able to disable and hide the text bar on the Note event pad one thing is all i ask Please and thank you

:wink:
Last edited by runaudio on Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Checking out the new beta... thanks for the render parts to new track option :tu:
Something I will get good use out of -right now actually. Also is there a thread somewhere on the new plugin slot module (I believe thats what its called)? - for use cases etc

A typical use case of the Plugin Slot module is how it is used in MuVerb.

:)
Last edited by runaudio on Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:59 pm A typical use case of the Plugin Slot module is how it is used in MuVerb.
thanks will check that out

MuLab 8.6.5 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • The "Shake Keys" sequence function was working correctly when applied on a selection of note events. Fixed.
  • When holding the mouse over a audio level meter, eg in a rack, now the tooltip that shows the atual max level will not auto-hide anymore, it stays there as long as the mouse is in the level meter area.
  • When plugging in a Spectrum Analyzer, the spectrum display showed odd data the first seconds. Fixed.
  • You can now also drag-drop an Audio Stream from the Project Browser to a sample player display.
  • MacOS: Added explicit support notification for hi-res screens. This avoids a possible blurry GUI on hi-res screens.
  • Copy-pasting MuDrum pads and Sample Layers containing a VST plugin was not working anymore. Fixed.
  • When sending audio from the composer to a module and meanwhile changing the latency could potentially cause a crash. Fixed.
  • Composer: Audio sequence parts using a relative tempo different from 100% were not drawn fully right. Fixed.
  • In case of a crash now more extended info is logged in order to better research the cause.
  • Misc. mini improvements.
How to update MuLab:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

NB: In some other post i wrote about a new feature being worked on. This is not yet included in this update as it turns out to take more r&d time than expected. I'll put that on a side cooker and it will get ready lateron.

Still no hide text label on note pad I give up new people come only here a matter of mins asks for feature and they get it been here nearly six years :( :x

runaudio wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:21 pm Still no hide text label on note pad I give up new people come only here a matter of mins asks for feature and they get it been here nearly six years :( :x
1. No one is forcing you to stay
2. Feature requests take a while and have different priorities. Some requests get higher priority than others. I've been using Mulab for eight years now and some of my requests still haven't made it in. Doesn't mean Jo doesn't take note of it. Just means that other requests get higher priority than what I've put in as a request. Usually Jo weighs requests by popularity, meaning the more people that ask for something, the more likely it is to be put in. Also keep in mind, it's his software too. Every dev should take some time to put their own features too, even if users find it not as helpful to them. Otherwise, what's the point of writing your own software?

So take a deep breath friend :hug: It's just software. Let's enjoy what we have, which is an incredible tool capable of making incredible sounds and music :party: :)
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

runaudio wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:21 pm Still no hide text label on note pad I give up new people come only here a matter of mins asks for feature and they get it been here nearly six years :( :x
Please see viewtopic.php?f=79&t=357048

Also keep in mind, it's his software too. Every dev should take some time to put their own features too, even if users find it not as helpful to them. Otherwise, what's the point of writing your own software?
Just want to clarify that i don't invest time in realizing 'personal' FRs but go for FRs which are requested / of interest by many users. In a complex app like a DAW there are many many details and hence many FRs about these details. I much appreciate all user feedback, it's an inspiration!! At the same time i must take care not to get lost in too many details or in specific requests by only a single user so to also keep a good eye on the global development path and to keep workload realistic wrt the sole developer situation.

I myself am a victim of this situation. I understand how it works and why, but it's extremely frustrating, especially since this is for me, simply the best and most intuitive DAW there is. I expect that's why most people here have come to MuLab in the first place. Features may draw them in, but the workflow is where it's at for me.

So when details are left out, it can be a big deal. I requested Wait Note, which others have agreed on too, but understandably, it's a minor thing for most of you. This isn't a dig in any way Jo, not at all, just a point to be made and a possible solution.

How about with every major release, you add a few minor, less popular FR's to the program? At least this way it'll help keep those with niche requests a little happier. But, ya know, I also think you underestimate how important these little things are. I would bet that many of these niche requests would be very interesting to a lot of users once they got to try them.

Anyway, just some thoughts on the subject, happy isolation! :tu: ;)

sl23 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:36 am So when details are left out
I think you have misread my post. That's not what i wrote.
How about with every major release, you add a few minor, less popular FR's to the program?
That's what i constantly do, see http://www.mutools.com/mulab-mux-change-log.html
The issue is that there are 100x more requests than i will ever be able to realize. So that gives the perception that most FRs are ignored. They're not 'ignored', it's simply that i cannot realize all FRs all by myself. At this point i can only repeat my previous post and viewtopic.php?f=79&t=357048

Return to “MUTOOLS”