Back To School? Explore DSP & MIDI DIY with Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.2!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Seems like it's
- processBlock
- updateInputParametersForBlock
- computeOutputData

At least positionInSamples is the same for processBlock and following updateInputParametersForBlock call.
I don't mind this order, can it be different in different DAWs?

(partly solved) What's the best way to "fix" flickering PARAM_ANIMATOR animation on skin reopening?

ilyaorlov wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:45 pm Seems like it's
- processBlock
- updateInputParametersForBlock
- computeOutputData

At least positionInSamples is the same for processBlock and following updateInputParametersForBlock call.
I don't mind this order, can it be different in different DAWs?
I think it depends on the DAW and the context. In some particular cases you may be called on updateInputParametersForBlock before AND after processBlock, so it's hard to tell. Why do you need to know the precise sequence? I'd rather not rely on that - just expect that they are called when necessary.

ilyaorlov wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:45 pm (partly solved) What's the best way to "fix" flickering PARAM_ANIMATOR animation on skin reopening?
What do you mean by "flickering"? Do you want it to be disabled upon load (so that the right value is set?). If that's the case, have a look at the language_extensions folder: there is a template in there that I use to do exactly that: if I remember well, it uses the window.loaded parameter to trigger the animation only when the window is already loaded.

(probably solved) :)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”