DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

mrfrenkie wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:57 pm
moss wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:33 am I just tried /playbutton and it works fine here. Are you using the latest DrivenByMoss release?
DrivenByMoss-9.00-Beta3-Bitwig + Bitwig Studio 3.2 Beta 3 + macOS 10.14.6. The /playbutton triggered directly from "OSCTest.maxpat". All other commands are working fine
At least on Windows it works fine. Don't have Max installed on the Mac, so cannot test. Does it work with 3.1.3?
mrfrenkie wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:57 pm And what's about Flexi? Where can i find this action?
That's not implemented.

Hello!

I have a Maschine Mk1 controller that I would like to use in Bitwig. Is it possible for me to change the current Maschine scripts to work with the Mk1.

moss wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:01 am
DrivenByMoss-9.00-Beta3-Bitwig + Bitwig Studio 3.2 Beta 3 + macOS 10.14.6. The /playbutton triggered directly from "OSCTest.maxpat". All other commands are working fine
At least on Windows it works fine. Don't have Max installed on the Mac, so cannot test. Does it work with 3.1.3?
It also doesn't work with my Elgato Stream Deck OSC trigger. And nope, in 3.1.3 it doesn't work as well.

moss wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:28 pm
heffalumps_nwoozles wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:28 pm Hello, Thanks so much for your scripts! I have been using them for years now.
For the first time, I'm having major problems after upgrading to version 3.1 for the Akai APC40mkII.
None of the clips launch buttons light up when they contain clips. I cannot start or stop clips from the clip launcher. The volumes work, as well as the global Play, Pan, record, solo...
But nothing from the clip pad buttons.
When reopening Bitwig, the scene launch buttons are lit (rows 1,2,4 and 5, but not 3).
Previously, I recall needing to press SHIFT+SceneLaunch(top row) in order to enter the normal clip launch mode. Now that button press combination has no effect.
Thanks for your help! I know you must be busy with version 3.2, I hope we don't get left behind on 3.1 because I can't afford to renew my Bitwig license at the moment.
Are you running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98 ?

Indeed, I am running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98, on a Linux system. (Sorry for the delayed response). Now I'm wondering if my there might be something broken on my hardware APC40mk2. Because NONE of the buttons in the lower right area work (Device L/R, Bank L/R, SHIFT, Bank select arrows.) ALL of the other buttons work but not those ones.
Have you ever heard of such a thing / Do you have any previous reports from Linux users reporting only partial functionality? Are you familiar with any common problems that Linux users encounter in this realm?
Thanks so much.

heffalumps_nwoozles wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:41 pm
moss wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:28 pm
heffalumps_nwoozles wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:28 pm Hello, Thanks so much for your scripts! I have been using them for years now.
For the first time, I'm having major problems after upgrading to version 3.1 for the Akai APC40mkII.
None of the clips launch buttons light up when they contain clips. I cannot start or stop clips from the clip launcher. The volumes work, as well as the global Play, Pan, record, solo...
But nothing from the clip pad buttons.
When reopening Bitwig, the scene launch buttons are lit (rows 1,2,4 and 5, but not 3).
Previously, I recall needing to press SHIFT+SceneLaunch(top row) in order to enter the normal clip launch mode. Now that button press combination has no effect.
Thanks for your help! I know you must be busy with version 3.2, I hope we don't get left behind on 3.1 because I can't afford to renew my Bitwig license at the moment.
Are you running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98 ?

Indeed, I am running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98, on a Linux system. (Sorry for the delayed response). Now I'm wondering if my there might be something broken on my hardware APC40mk2. Because NONE of the buttons in the lower right area work (Device L/R, Bank L/R, SHIFT, Bank select arrows.) ALL of the other buttons work but not those ones.
Have you ever heard of such a thing / Do you have any previous reports from Linux users reporting only partial functionality? Are you familiar with any common problems that Linux users encounter in this realm?
Thanks so much.
It's perhaps also worth noting, that in the Bitwig Controller Script Console, I don't see ANY messages while running the script. Is this normal?

Hi. Thank you for this driver. I test it in Bitwig 3.2 Beta 3,5 with iCON Platform M+.
1. When I use VSTi with multi-channel audio out (Omnisphere, Falcon) I don`t see this channel in iCON Platform M+. I see only one VSTi audio out (Master Device out).
Is it possible to do some options for view: all vsti out (which I added to VSTi), only one channel (how it works now)?
2. When I use native MCU PRO I see GROUPE channel out in Groupe (Enter to folder). When I use MOSS I don`t see this GROUP out. ;-(
Is it possible to do some option for view: show groupe out?

Thank you. ;-)
Windows 10 Pro. AMD 2700X.

1. Image

2. Image

heffalumps_nwoozles wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:41 pm Indeed, I am running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98, on a Linux system. (Sorry for the delayed response). Now I'm wondering if my there might be something broken on my hardware APC40mk2. Because NONE of the buttons in the lower right area work (Device L/R, Bank L/R, SHIFT, Bank select arrows.) ALL of the other buttons work but not those ones.
Thanks so much.
Just tested on my Linux system (Ubuntu Studio 20.4) and cannot see a problem. So it might be something with your hardware (maybe you can test on another computer) or your system.

Hi Moss,

Is the Launchpad Mini MK3 poly sequencer working for you on the newest Beta?

It doesn’t recognize any note input.

Zirrex wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:15 am Hi. Thank you for this driver. I test it in Bitwig 3.2 Beta 3,5 with iCON Platform M+.
1. When I use VSTi with multi-channel audio out (Omnisphere, Falcon) I don`t see this channel in iCON Platform M+. I see only one VSTi audio out (Master Device out).
Is it possible to do some options for view: all vsti out (which I added to VSTi), only one channel (how it works now)?
2. When I use native MCU PRO I see GROUPE channel out in Groupe (Enter to folder). When I use MOSS I don`t see this GROUP out. ;-(
Is it possible to do some option for view: show groupe out?

Thank you. ;-)
Windows 10 Pro. AMD 2700X.
The multi-outputs of VSTis are not channels. They are layers of the device (like the instrument layer or selector device). You need hierarchical navigation to display them, this is currently only supported on the Push devices.

tslays wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:09 am Hi Moss,

You need to use the 9.00 Beta version of DrivenByMoss (also downloadable from my site), which fixes several issues with the 3.2 Beta.

perpetual3 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:26 pm Hello!

I have a Maschine Mk1 controller that I would like to use in Bitwig. Is it possible for me to change the current Maschine scripts to work with the Mk1.

mrfrenkie wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:05 pm
moss wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:01 am
It also doesn't work with my Elgato Stream Deck OSC trigger. And nope, in 3.1.3 it doesn't work as well.
I installed Max now on my Mac and it works fine too. Sorry, no idea what could be wrong on your system.

Hello @moss !
I am trying to use the akai apc mk2 footswitch1 (there is only one) like the push footswitch2 with the admin configuration (FootswitchCommand especially the FOOTSWITCH_2_CLIP_BASED_LOOPER :clap: ).

https://github.com/laurentdebricon/Driv ... 9ef7793a87

in this commit attempt, you can see i am not filtering anymore the sustain, and i adds note on and note off, otherwise if null bitwig forward default midi stuff(like sustain, so you can't control it) (right ?)
You talked about this in 2017 and tried to be a good student. :nutter:
moss wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 am
cjgolden wrote:Any way to make the Footswitch 2 function of
"Creates a new clip on the selected track and slot, starts play and enables overdub,"
avalible on the APC 40 mkii, which only has one footswitch input?

I tried going into APC.js and flipping the midi values sent for footswitch 1 and 2.
So it works sometimes, but the script crashes often when I press the footswitch.
I really think that this function is important for my workflow.
Is there a better way to do this?
The problem is that the Sustain data is directly routed to Bitwig. You have to decide if you want to do this on script start and cannot change this afterwards. If you want to make this work you have to remove the midi filter from the creation of the midi input. Look in the MidiImput class.

There is no more sustain (great), configuration in admin is there, but still, nothing happens. What am I missing ? :bang:

Sidenote :
Be aware that a warning is written (even before my attempt, the message is there) :
"CC should be handled in Framework"
when using my sustain pedal

Thank you

triiif wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:08 pm There is no more sustain (great), configuration in admin is there, but still, nothing happens. What am I missing ? :bang:

Sidenote :
Be aware that a warning is written (even before my attempt, the message is there) :
"CC should be handled in Framework"
when using my sustain pedal

Thank you
This warning means that there is no mapping in the hardware API, which should be gone after your change. Sorry, but I do not have the time to look into this.

moss wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:29 pm
tslays wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:09 am Hi Moss,

You need to use the 9.00 Beta version of DrivenByMoss (also downloadable from my site), which fixes several issues with the 3.2 Beta.
That’s the one I am already using. Using 3.2 Beta 5 Bitwig and your 9.00 Beta DrivenByMoss.

Return to “Controller Scripting”