One Synth Challenge #135: TRICENT mk III by Full Bucket Music (jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tricent mk III

Björn, your synth is great :clap: :clap: :clap: Chapeau!
...but i am not a friend of these 80s sounds ...

here is a small test i made:

https://soundcloud.com/marks-a-whybikky ... 0M41GzasOT

... i already hate it ....

Hello fellas, long time! I hope you are all doing good and safe.

I did a quick track (ambient with lots of reverb, without drums, sorry), but i need to polish a few things before finishing it.

In FL Studio I've tried to make an automation in the resonance knob, but when i do, FL Studio freezes and closes, could anyone check it, please? Pressing the "multilink to controller" button and then try to move resonance knob. I don't know if it's only me, or it's a general bug.

Thanks, and see you soon. :)

IrionDaRonin wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:42 am
Dunno about the problem you're having... but...
IrionDaRonin!
:band: :band: :band: :band2: :band2: :band2: :band2: :harp: :pray: :clap:

IrionDaRonin wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:42 am Hello fellas, long time! I hope you are all doing good and safe.

I did a quick track (ambient with lots of reverb, without drums, sorry), but i need to polish a few things before finishing it.

In FL Studio I've tried to make an automation in the resonance knob, but when i do, FL Studio freezes and closes, could anyone check it, please? Pressing the "multilink to controller" button and then try to move resonance knob. I don't know if it's only me, or it's a general bug.

Thanks, and see you soon. :)
Nice to see you around Irion!

Yeah, nice to see you IrionDaRonin, hope you are keeping safe and well - not been good where you are, like us in the UK. Can't help with the problem, a Reaper user here! Looking forward to hearing the track.

I might dump my drums too as mine is more "ambient", and might be too much for the track …

dB

IrionDaRonin, In FL 20.6.2 I tested both Synth-Resonance and Brass-Resonance.
I created an envelope for each using "Tools-Last Tweaked", both worked fine, no problems.

Wellcome back, Irion! Great to have you back in OSC :tu:
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Da Ronin! :hyper: :clap:

Hey, thanks for the welcome, guys. I'm happy to see you are still here! :)
Almost finished. I'm thinking adding few soft drums here and there, but i'm not sure yet.
sping wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 am IrionDaRonin, In FL 20.6.2 I tested both Synth-Resonance and Brass-Resonance.
I created an envelope for each using "Tools-Last Tweaked", both worked fine, no problems.
Thanks, Sping! That worked! :)

See you all soon! Have a good day :)

Irion Da Ronin - My Angel

https://soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin/my-angel/download
Feel free to drop me some messages on Soundcloud, thanks!

This simple track is dedicated to my korean girlfriend, Jin (my muse in music and photography).
I wanted to make it simple and direct, as love itself without thinking much.

I could travel in 2019 to finally meet her in person, we were chatting since 2009, that was a long time. And now i'm in love... These were the best 90 days of my entire life.
Now i'm in Spain again, but next year i want to marry her and live in South Korea forever.
Wish me luck, guys, because life is getting hard! (as usual)

Equipment

· FL Studio 20
· 6 Tricent instances (used few default presets, edited those a bit to my taste)
· Few automations
---
· FL Limiter (limiter only)
· FL PEQ2 (parametric eq)
· FL Peak Controller (midi LFO for automations)
· FL Delay 2
· Fruity Philter (only Volume lines for easy fake sidechain)
· FL Main Pitch knob/slider, which is MIDI thingy for all VSTis used at same time (not sampling or real time pitch shifting)
---
· TAL Reverb 4 (Without the modulation knobs)

I just wanted to try this month after many years in silence, because i', feeling so rusty, and i needed to put my ass on move for once with music.
I was looking on my old posts to remember the format i used to post my tracks, it took me a while, lmao.

I hope you like it, have a nice day and good luck everyone! :)

IrionDaRonin wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:41 am Irion Da Ronin - My Angel

https://soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin/my-angel/download
Feel free to drop me some messages on Soundcloud, thanks!
great track :) good luck with yr gf, very nice story about chatting for 10 years before meeting, wow.

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-tricent-kvr-osc

Well, here is a track using Tricent
DR11
12 instances
Pantastic
Baxandall
Pop
Buttercomp2
Spiral
Load max
ReaRq
Dcfilter
Righteous
You lean
Rs mulrianalyzer
Block fish
Ccstepper
Ott
Block party
Cocaodelay
Dragonflyroom
Last edited by Eauson on Sat May 16, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Edited to: working on a third song that I'm liking way better than first two lol. Sorry for multiple submissions. In the future I'll just wait till very late to submit something.
Last edited by empphryio on Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hi all, this is my first shot at OSC.

My submission: https://soundcloud.com/wireframewolves/undergrowth

Ableton
30 instances of Tricent (2 for kick, 2 for snare, 6 for cymbals, 3 for atmosphere/effects, 6 for midrange bass sound, 3 for various other basses, 4 for pads, 4 for different leads)
FX used: 1 EQ8 on kick, 1 compressor and 1 reverb on the snare group, 3 redux on 3 of the cymbals, 1 delay on one of the hats, 2 saturator on the left crash and right crash, 1 reverb on the crash group, 2 autopan on 2 atmosphere/effect sound, 1 glue compressor and 1 EQ8 on drum buss, 1 saturator on 808 bass, 1 compressor on bass group to sidechain from the kick, 4 reverb on 4 pads, 1 autopan on pad group, 2 delay on 2 of the leads, 1 reverb on one of the leads, and a bunch of utility plugins for volume automation. The master channel has an EQ8, compressor, utility plugin for bass to mono, and a limiter. I think I followed all the rules but let me know if I messed up somewhere.

It was pretty challenging! I actually ended up liking the snare I made a lot.

wireframewolves wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:51 pm It was pretty challenging! I actually ended up liking the snare I made a lot.
Yes the snare is really really good. You just used stock ableton compressor and reverb on it?

Return to “Instruments”