DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

perpetual3 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:34 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:26 pm Hello!

I have a Maschine Mk1 controller that I would like to use in Bitwig. Is it possible for me to change the current Maschine scripts to work with the Mk1.
So I guess it’s impossible for me to modify current scripts to get it to work?

Another question - is Push 2 the “best” controller for Bitwig as far as tight integration? For example, if I select an instrument or effect rack with Push 2, will that automatically map all the controls to the knobs with a graphic UI on the controller?

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I've been using the Generic Flexi with a MPK88 to get the Transport controls to work, and any update to Bitwig or the DBYMFR script kills the settings in the Generic Flexi and I have to manually input the transport controls again.

Is there a solution I'm missing here? a way to export the settings before updating?

moss wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:53 am
heffalumps_nwoozles wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:41 pm Indeed, I am running Bitwig 3.1.3 and DrivenByMoss 8.98, on a Linux system. (Sorry for the delayed response). Now I'm wondering if my there might be something broken on my hardware APC40mk2. Because NONE of the buttons in the lower right area work (Device L/R, Bank L/R, SHIFT, Bank select arrows.) ALL of the other buttons work but not those ones.
Have you ever heard of such a thing / Do you have any previous reports from Linux users reporting only partial functionality? Are you familiar with any common problems that Linux users encounter in this realm?
Thanks so much.
Just tested on my Linux system (Ubuntu Studio 20.4) and cannot see a problem. So it might be something with your hardware (maybe you can test on another computer) or your system.
IT WAS DUST!!! I blew as hard as I could into the crossfader opening in the lower right and all the buttons started working again. Thanks for your responses and your work, and sorry for the false alarm!!!

yes !! adding
if footswitch2 thenBindType.CC
fixed my issue.

Code: Select all

protected BindType getTriggerBindType (final ButtonID buttonID)
    {
		if(buttonID == ButtonID.FOOTSWITCH2){
			return BindType.CC;
		}

return BindType.NOTE;
    }
moss wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:11 am
triiif wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:08 pm There is no more sustain (great), configuration in admin is there, but still, nothing happens. What am I missing ? :bang:
This warning means that there is no mapping in the hardware API, which should be gone after your change. Sorry, but I do not have the time to look into this.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:39 pm Another question - is Push 2 the “best” controller for Bitwig as far as tight integration? For example, if I select an instrument or effect rack with Push 2, will that automatically map all the controls to the knobs with a graphic UI on the controller?
My comment about "THE BEST" can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNGIdD_Zlvo
:-)

What you can do with Push can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as8_hoi ... 9HngDDKF3s

machinesworking wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:44 pm I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I've been using the Generic Flexi with a MPK88 to get the Transport controls to work, and any update to Bitwig or the DBYMFR script kills the settings in the Generic Flexi and I have to manually input the transport controls again.

Is there a solution I'm missing here? a way to export the settings before updating?
You need to store your settings. Otherwise they will be gone after each restart of Bitwig.
E.g. see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DkBlh ... cP&index=1

After must frustration trying to get my Korg nanoKONTROL Studio to work with Javascript and Java I turned to Flexi.

Flexi Markers doesn't have set marker. My midi controller has a set marker button.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

moss wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:15 am
machinesworking wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:44 pm I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I've been using the Generic Flexi with a MPK88 to get the Transport controls to work, and any update to Bitwig or the DBYMFR script kills the settings in the Generic Flexi and I have to manually input the transport controls again.

You need to store your settings. Otherwise they will be gone after each restart of Bitwig.
E.g. see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DkBlh ... cP&index=1
Thanks, took me a bit of sleuthing. I couldn't get OS X to recognize the saved MPK88 Generic Flexi patch I made, which saves to the root user location, outside of folders etc. I should have used the Select feature, because after saving via Export to a wrong location it was having an issue of not being able to read the file. Looking at your video I see you have your own extension which for whatever reason wasn't generated by the OS on saving, adding the extension I could move the file to the right location and save to it. In your manual you have one instance of .properties so I was able to determine that was the extension name needed. :borg:

I'm also using the 9 beta along with the latest Bitwig beta so there's that.. :lol:

mtelesha wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:51 am After must frustration trying to get my Korg nanoKONTROL Studio to work with Javascript and Java I turned to Flexi.

Flexi Markers doesn't have set marker. My midi controller has a set marker button.
Yes, that would be nice but it is not possible. Send a feature request to Bitwig.

DrivenByMoss 9.00 Beta 5 is online.

Only use for testing!
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2 Beta 5
  • Known Issues with Bitwig 3.2 Beta 5
    • OSC User parameters are broken
    • User Parameters cannot be reset
  • All devices
    • New: Added setting to hide deactivated items (tracks, sends, devices, layers)
    • New: Drum modes: selection follows the selection if FOLLOW PLAYED NOTES is active, e.g. if triggered from a different keyboard/controller
    • Fixed: Grid pads did only play MIDI notes but did not execute secondary function (API 11 adaption)
  • Akai APC40 / APC40mkII
    • New: Keep a note pressed and use the mode knobs to change the parameters of the note (Sequencer + Drum mode)
    • Fixed: Changing sequencer resolutions with Clip Stop buttons did not work
  • Beatstep
    • New: Renamed note inputs
    • Fixed: Knobs did not work (API 11 adaption)
  • Launchpad
    • New: Added a new Mixmode. Press Shift+Session to enable it. This mode contains session modes at once. The rows from bottom to top are: rec arm, solo, mute, clip stop, send 2, send 1, panorama, volume. The panorama and sends pad are only colored for the selected track. Press one of the pads of the upper 4 rows to select a track. Select a volume, panorama or sends pad to activate it and then change its value with the virtual fader of the scene buttons.
    • New: Masterfader in Volume mode now has 4 steps per pad (like the other track faders)
    • New: In Pan mode the scene buttons control now the panormama of the master fader (to be consistent with volume mode)
    • New: Stop Clip buttons are now lit in red if pressed
    • Fixed: 8th row in Session mode was not drawn on startup
  • Push
    • Fixed: User parameters did not display information, e.g. name, value, ... (API 11 adaption)
Enjoy!

I just got hold of a new launchpad Pro MK3 - any plans for a Bitwig script for this? It seems like an ideal controller for Bitwig (and of course Live) for half the cost of a PUSH (and of course the dedicated hardware sequencer that made me go for it :wink: )
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

moss wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:09 am DrivenByMoss 9.00 Beta 5 is online.

Only use for testing!
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2 Beta 5
  • Known Issues with Bitwig 3.2 Beta 5
    • OSC User parameters are broken
    • User Parameters cannot be reset
  • All devices
    • New: Added setting to hide deactivated items (tracks, sends, devices, layers)
    • New: Drum modes: selection follows the selection if FOLLOW PLAYED NOTES is active, e.g. if triggered from a different keyboard/controller
    • Fixed: Grid pads did only play MIDI notes but did not execute secondary function (API 11 adaption)
  • Akai APC40 / APC40mkII
    • New: Keep a note pressed and use the mode knobs to change the parameters of the note (Sequencer + Drum mode)
    • Fixed: Changing sequencer resolutions with Clip Stop buttons did not work
  • Beatstep
    • New: Renamed note inputs
    • Fixed: Knobs did not work (API 11 adaption)
  • Launchpad
    • New: Added a new Mixmode. Press Shift+Session to enable it. This mode contains session modes at once. The rows from bottom to top are: rec arm, solo, mute, clip stop, send 2, send 1, panorama, volume. The panorama and sends pad are only colored for the selected track. Press one of the pads of the upper 4 rows to select a track. Select a volume, panorama or sends pad to activate it and then change its value with the virtual fader of the scene buttons.
    • New: Masterfader in Volume mode now has 4 steps per pad (like the other track faders)
    • New: In Pan mode the scene buttons control now the panormama of the master fader (to be consistent with volume mode)
    • New: Stop Clip buttons are now lit in red if pressed
    • Fixed: 8th row in Session mode was not drawn on startup
  • Push
    • Fixed: User parameters did not display information, e.g. name, value, ... (API 11 adaption)
Enjoy!
Can confirm that the Polysequencer on the Launchpad Mini MK3 is working again. Guess this was because of the API 11 adaption.
And the new Mixmode is genius! Love it! :tu:

Hi Moss,

Bitwig 3.2 beta 5 and DrivenbyMoss 9.00 beta 5 with Push 2.

It seems with the PolySequencer, I can't alter the note values by holding the pad on the Push 2. It doesn't matter how long I hold the pad showing the note, the display does not show the note parameters and just deactivates the note when I release the pad.

It works as it should in normal Sequencer mode.

auricle wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 pm Hi Moss,

Bitwig 3.2 beta 5 and DrivenbyMoss 9.00 beta 5 with Push 2.

It seems with the PolySequencer, I can't alter the note values by holding the pad on the Push 2. It doesn't matter how long I hold the pad showing the note, the display does not show the note parameters and just deactivates the note when I release the pad.

It works as it should in normal Sequencer mode.
This feature is not available for Poly Sequencer.

Return to “Controller Scripting”