VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Erisian wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:31 pm Another video review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3NUv4uYPjk
Oh my, he seems hyped :party:

onerob wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm I should have said "mod destination for the second row" - more like having 'transpose' as one of the destination options in the mod matrix when using the row of knobs as a source.
Yeah this is of course possible anyways! It's just that this will be much harder to control regarding pitch. Option a) would have a continuous range [-1,1], while option b) would have discrete steps [-24,24], so you're always guaranteed to hit the exact semitones over +/- 2 octaves.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:23 pm
onerob wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm I should have said "mod destination for the second row" - more like having 'transpose' as one of the destination options in the mod matrix when using the row of knobs as a source.
Yeah this is of course possible anyways! It's just that this will be much harder to control regarding pitch. Option a) would have a continuous range [-1,1], while option b) would have discrete steps [-24,24], so you're always guaranteed to hit the exact semitones over +/- 2 octaves.
Got it. I think, given the choice, I'd go for discrete steps.

After my earlier attempt to use Odin 2 bumped up against Mac OS Catalina and Logic Pro security issues, I saw how to get past the security block and tried again. (When Logic complained, I just went to my general security preferences and told it to allow this instrument to go through. It worked.)

Now that I've had the chance to play around with Odin 2 and listen to it, I have to say I'm impressed! It sounds great, it's easy to use, and I wish you the best with it.

I'm late to this Party. Just had no desire to try more synths. But my curiosity got me. After battling Mac Security for a few minutes once I opened the Synth I have to say I'm Genuinely BLOWN away. I mean clique when I say this has GENUINE Potential!
You thought of everything, It reminds me a lot Of Thor (As you said was your inspiration) but I honestly Think I like it Better!

No Bugs Yet. Im Going to keep Playing with this and sneak it in some songs and see if I can make some Good Patches.

Im Sure this has been mentioned but Feature request Wise, Reverb would be number 1.
Drag And Drop Modulation abilities would be nice.
The ARP is going to be a HUGE addition.
On my 15 Inch Laptop the 150 screen is just 2 big and comes off the page, but the 100 one is very small. If ever possible A 125% GUI.

Thats My Early Wishy-Washy 2 Cents on Feature additions.
The Menu Hints drop down was fantastic for helping me figure some stuff out.
I love that you can Link the LFO to the WaveDraw essentially turning it into a Free-Style "Serum Style" LFO.
The filters are really good, just overall really impressed.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Just loaded it down and played with it some days ago. Is it OK to send bugs just via website, without beeing a registrated tester?

SamDi wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:54 pm Just loaded it down and played with it some days ago. Is it OK to send bugs just via website, without beeing a registrated tester?
Bugs...? :o
Yes, ok of course! :tu:

Spencer Maddox wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:59 amIm Sure this has been mentioned but Feature request Wise, Reverb would be number 1.
Drag And Drop Modulation abilities would be nice.
The ARP is going to be a HUGE addition.
On my 15 Inch Laptop the 150 screen is just 2 big and comes off the page, but the 100 one is very small. If ever possible A 125% GUI.
To me, after using Odin2 for a while, a proper preset browser would be #01 feature request. I really don't like the existing preset browser.

Drag & drop modulation would be awesome indeed. a big+1 for this one :)

Reverb is nice to have because it can give the user a clue about the way a preset should sound, even if he wants to use a better reverb afterwards, so a reverb would be a good addition indeed (even if it is only an average one).

sinkmusic wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:33 pm To me, after using Odin2 for a while, a proper preset browser would be #01 feature request. I really don't like the existing preset browser.
Just to check: You are on a recent version ( >= 2.0.21), where there's the up and down buttons to scroll through presets and the dropdown for all patches in the currently selected folder?

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:19 pmJust to check: You are on a recent version ( >= 2.0.21), where there's the up and down buttons to scroll through presets and the dropdown for all patches in the currently selected folder?
Yes, but it's a mess as soon as you leave that browser.
It looks like a very old windows browser (without the left columnn where you can store favourites for quick access).
I wanted to check a preset i had made in my VST folder, so i had to leave the default preset locations, and it took ages to browse my hard drive.

A preset system like U-He, Klanghelm, Audio Damage, Tritik, Melda, etc. would be great :)

sinkmusic wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:53 pm It looks like a very old windows browser (without the left columnn where you can store favourites for quick access).
I wanted to check a preset i had made in my VST folder, so i had to leave the default preset locations, and it took ages to browse my hard drive.
Yeah I admit it's not very convenient!

I didn't realize patch-browsing was so important to people before I started this beta :wink:

With the new arpeggiator layout where the area filled with the modmatrix becomes interchangeable with another module, I started thinking about what else could be located in there. I could definetely see a patch-browser there.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 pmWith the new arpeggiator layout where the area filled with the modmatrix becomes interchangeable with another module, I started thinking about what else could be located in there. I could definetely see a patch-browser there.
:hug:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 pm I didn't realize patch-browsing was so important to people before I started this beta :wink:
It absolutely wasn‘t until you started this thread and people started to create...

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 pm
sinkmusic wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:53 pm It looks like a very old windows browser (without the left columnn where you can store favourites for quick access).
Yeah I admit it's not very convenient!

I didn't realize patch-browsing was so important to people before I started this beta :wink:
A decent preset browser is absolutely essential for me to consider owning a new synth. Actually, that's the only reason why I still didn't decide to purchase Massive X.
I'm not into sound design, and I love to easily navigate through great presets (that's important to me as well), just playing around and being inspired by them. And I bet there are many like me :)

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:53 pm
TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 pm I didn't realize patch-browsing was so important to people before I started this beta :wink:
It absolutely wasn‘t until you started this thread and people started to create...
It still isn't for me though. I make presets per track ;) Not per synth. I (usually) don't use sounds twice

Return to “Instruments”