Blue Cat's Re-Head Plug-In For Headphones Released!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Re-Head

[UPDATE: Re-Head 1.1 is now available]

Blue Cat's Re-Head, our brand new plug-in created to make using headphones easier for musicians and audio professionals and announced at NAMM, is now available for purchase!

Listening through headphones gives a distinctly different experience compared to listening through studio monitors. Furthermore, prolonged use of headphones can be fatiguing. These are the problems that Re-Head solves for you!

You get get it at a special introduction price (30% off) until June 14th, and existing customers will receive an even better deal by email: check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJP1wQBJUuU

Main features:
- "Head response" model: get a more natural tone when working with headphones.
- Adjust the position and the angle between the virtual speakers.
- Adjust the brightness.
- Built-in EQ and spectrum analyzer.
- Impulse response (IR) loader to mimic your listening room.
- Frequency compensation for a number of popular mixing headphones.Flip the left and right channels.
- Zero latency.

This sounds and looks awesome. Congrats!!

cool. so this is mostly for mastering with h-phones?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

It is for anyone who works with headphones: engineers but also musicians (as a guitar player, this plug-ins saved my life and ears: I can now practice with headphones with a great tone and much less headaches).

Bought and awaiting the serial!
Does it have a standalone version like Sonarworks or can I only load it as a plugin? And do you recommend placing it as last insert after the limiter?

Yes, it should be placed at the very end of the signal chain.
user manual wrote:Getting Started: Where Does My Head Go?
Re-Head is a tone correction tool to enhance the monitoring experience on headphones. So it should be placed at the very end of the signal chain, right before the headphones: it should be the last plug-in in the chain.

If you are monitoring a mix with headphones, just insert Re-Head on the master bus, as the last plug-in. If you need to fix a headphones mix for tracking, place the plug-in at the very end of the chain on the phones mix bus.

In all cases, do not use the plug-in when listening on speakers, as it will completely screw up the frequency response and stereo balance. The plug-in will only work with headphones.

Warning: when the plug-in is placed on the master bus, do not forget do disable it when exporting a mix!

Cool, thanks!
One last question: The AT M50 in the EQ settings, is it the same as ATH-M50 X from Audio -Technica?

Oh and, your special introductory pricing mail for existing customers arrives a few hours to late

enCiphered wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:04 pm Oh and, your special introductory pricing mail for existing customers arrives a few hours to late
Please contact us by email so that we can solve that!

enCiphered wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:46 pm Cool, thanks!
One last question: The AT M50 in the EQ settings, is it the same as ATH-M50 X from Audio -Technica?
I think it's the older model (without a 'X'). But every single pair of headphones is unique, so you usually need to adapt the EQ to your own model.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:16 pm
enCiphered wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:46 pm Cool, thanks!
I think it's the older model (without a 'X'). But every single pair of headphones is unique, so you usually need to adapt the EQ to your own model.
Does anyone know how to do that?

The manual mentions using IRs to compensate for headphone frequency response as well as to simulate speaker and room response. Where can I find headphone response IRs? The headphone response data I am aware of (e.g. Sonarworks Reference and ToneBoosters Morphit) is in the form of detailed EQ curves, not in the form of IRs. Thanks in advance!

Will you be adding more headphone models.
Like the Audeze LCD-1... Hint hint... ;)

How is this different than Goodhertz Can Opener 3?

Very intriguing and very promising! Blue Cat Audio is known for great tools, so I hope this will be one of them. It seems to be like combining ReferenceWorks/MorphIt and Can Opener.

Like others above, I am thinking about missing headphone models. In the video, there is the 770 and 990, but not the 880 for example. Maybe we in this pro and semi-pro community can somehow make our own models/EQ settings (?) and then share them using the Load... function? That would be an awesome addition, I think, and it would set this product even more apart from ReferenceWorks and MorphIt.
:tu: :party:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”