SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

epiphanius wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:24 pm Exactly, that's not a really big deal.

It's infuriating after spending weeks trying to download and install ST in any of its confusing and contradictory versions. While I really appreciate Richard's attempt to provide support, I am currently have a very bad time getting help from another IK support tech. I am not asking for assistance in this post, but really have to advise at this point that I would warn anyone away from buying any IK products, despite being the owner of several (even if they can't be installed).

/venting done.
Sorry to hear of your troubles here as well. While I can assure you we are currently working on a download/authorization manager, and it would be best to stay tuned to the newsletter. Please send me your ticket number in a PM for me to best assess and address your situation.
sacer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:10 pm
Ryan_IK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:36 pm
sacer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:03 am Hi Peter,

i own Sample tank 2XL and Sample Tank 3 Deluxe.
If I buy SampleTank 4 SE do i get the sounds from Sampletank 4 max included in my products ?
We have a bunch of great promotions running right now, read more here. Make sure to check them out now as a lot end today with April.

I don't see the one you're referring to. To avoid derailing the thread onto promotions, shoot me a PM with any other information you have and I'll be more than happy to see what I can do to help.
There are a lot of sounds from sampletank3 and sampletank 2XL in sampletank 4 MAX.
If i buy total Studio MAx 2 do i have nearly the same sounds, because i already have sampletank 2 xl
And are my old sampletank 3 and 2xl sounds included in sampletank 4 SE library if i own them, or do they differ in an old version (maybe in sampletank 4 library they are polished with new effects, macros etc)
Okay, sorry I misunderstood. To clarify, yes, SampleTank 3 includes all of the SampleTank 2 XL sounds. These are the same sounds, just updated to be used in SampleTank 3. SampleTank 4 SE will have some SampleTank 3 instruments, this will not have all of the SampleTank 3 instruments.

For a full list of what's in SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 SE, and SampleTank 4 MAX click here.

Total Studio 2 MAX includes SampleTank MAX, which has not only the SampleTank 3 sounds, but also a lot of other great content. Read full details here.

When looking at these sounds, I would suggest using the latest version always. In this example, use the SampleTank 3 versions of your SampleTank 2 XL sounds for the best experience.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

I wanted to report that IK multimedia support contacted me 3 times over the last day, although there was a huge spike in volume in their they do follow up (unlike other companies...who said NI ? where one can wait for months).

I hope that support will get the (many) crashes I have sorted but it's encouraging to know that they respond within a few days (in one case even within a few hours) and are trying to help.

for me once the crashes issue is getting solved (can't really work like this) and when the installation manager will finally arrive - this will make sampletank the best music software I own.

Installation manager is a real need and I hope it will be available soon. But anyway, I downloaded about 80 GB of Total Studio 2 Max in the last two days (still some more left). It is quite time consuming. Luckily, the IDM remembers what I have downloaded (unless moved to a different folder), else it would be even more frustrating.

Thank you for the heads up on the installation manager, Peter. Any rough estimate when would it be available?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:57 am Thank you for the heads up on the installation manager, Peter. Any rough estimate when would it be available?
Unfortunately, we don't have a concrete date for you at the moment, but we should be seeing some news sometime soon. Stay tuned for more information from our newsletter.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
nirm123 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:42 am I wanted to report that IK multimedia support contacted me 3 times over the last day, although there was a huge spike in volume in their they do follow up (unlike other companies...who said NI ? where one can wait for months).
Thanks for sharing your experience :) We look forward to getting you back to making music. Feel free to PM me with any questions on your ticket.

Also just a heads up, there is a new demo on creating a song using the free sounds in SampleTank 4 CS. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/G4JeCvh-Ft8
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Maybe it's just me but I find the whole IK product range so utterly confusing, I have little to no idea what I already own. I love the products but find the whole experience baffling. Also, we need to know if we have the latest version of plugins without checking every single item in our Accounts. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a loooooooooooooooooooooooog list of purchases. (a quote that's sure to end up in the quoted out of context thread).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

i hate that i saw all plugins in tracks 5

i cant see quickly what plugins i own why ?
in sampletank4 you have the option to see just the purchased ones
would love to see this option in tracks 5 , too

i really found the plugins really good because of that i told you that , so please when you hear me
dont show plugins we dont own it stops my workflow

Aloysius wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:14 pm Maybe it's just me but I find the whole IK product range so utterly confusing, I have little to no idea what I already own. I love the products but find the whole experience baffling. Also, we need to know if we have the latest version of plugins without checking every single item in our Accounts. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a loooooooooooooooooooooooog list of purchases. (a quote that's sure to end up in the quoted out of context thread).
If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help.

All owned products are listed in "My Products" in your User Area. The Custom Shop will also allow you to check up on what you own for T-RackS and AmpliTube. Use the GEAR drop down to open the MY GEAR option.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/
D.K Envelope wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:21 pm i hate that i saw all plugins in tracks 5

i cant see quickly what plugins i own why ?
in sampletank4 you have the option to see just the purchased ones
would love to see this option in tracks 5 , too

i really found the plugins really good because of that i told you that , so please when you hear me
dont show plugins we dont own it stops my workflow
Thanks for the feedback. I don't want to go too far off topic, but we do hear you. We originally added all models as a user request for trials/demos, but we're all ears to any suggestions. You can always delete or temporarily remove any plug-in files you don't want to see in your DAW or use T-RackS 5 Suite. This will show unowned modules greyed out. Shoot me a PM if you want me to help you with this process.

thanks for the response
but the greyed out thing is a joke,
i think it would be better when you have an option just to see the bought stuff
like sampletank4

so many people here hate the way you see unbought stuff like amplitude 4
you make an option in the setting to turn it off

that is marketing bullshit you dont need to do this, i use just the old tracks 5 and dont upgrade to the newer version because i dont want to see the new stuff i dont own

it pissed me off

sorry for the words i like your stuff and like your custom support is very good
but not the marketing side on it

Has anybody else noticed that SampleTank 4.1.0 as a plugin doesn't recall patches correctly if you edit the parameters in the Edit page? Specifically ADSR settings, LFO Shape/Parameters, and Filter Drive. I tested AU and VST3 on Ableton and Studio One, 4.0.9 does it as well and that's as far back as I can go due to Catalina compatibility.

In case anyone hasn't noticed this, you can test it by going to the Editor Window and editing the Envelope Hold settings in the Amp and Filter envelopes, saving your song in your DAW and re-loading it. I've seen it with Filter Sus and the LFO shape/settings too. For some reason it is only triggered by making edits in that window- macro controls don't seem to affect it.

The IK staff here are always pretty helpful, would be nice to know if this is a known issue. I recently contacted support and provided them plenty of evidence that this is happening on Mac in multiple DAWs with both versions of the plugin - I figure it may take a while for a reply. In the meantime I would like to see if other users have encountered this and found any workaround (aside from reloading all your Multis every time you open the song). This is in the CS version but I don't think they use different plugins between CS and standard.

Y'all know any way around this? It makes it impossible to edit any of the instruments.

^^^^
That works correctly here, in Reaper 6, Bitwig Studio 3 and Waveform 10. Have you got a specific instrument for which the problem occurs?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:14 pm ^^^^
That works correctly here, in Reaper 6, Bitwig Studio 3 and Waveform 10. Have you got a specific instrument for which the problem occurs?
Sure. Try the following (just tested in Reaper 6, macOS, using the VSTi, VST3i, and AUi versions - same bug):

1. Download the multi at https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfnpoh0g3lasg ... .st4m?dl=0
2. Put it in your IK Multis folder
3. create a song in Reaper (Song A)
4. Add the AUi, VSTi, and VST3i versions of SampleTank 4.
5. Load the multi "Test - Storage" from all of the drop down menu at the top of each SampleTank instance.
- then check the envelope, filter, and LFO settings in the edit window
6. Save the song (Song A)
7. Create a new song (Song B)
8. Close reaper
9. Open reaper and then load Song A again.
10. Look in the edit window

Again, I'm assuming SampleTank 4 CS is the same plugin file/code as Standard or MAX, just different authorizations.

I'm looking forward to talking with Support as it will be more productive in the long run (seems like they average an update every quarter) but I would love to know if me and my other colleague on macOS who this is happening to can find some workaround in the meantime aside from not editing patches.

Ah ha - you did not mention "Multis" before. Anyway - confirmed here - Windows 7 / ST4 VST2 plug-in in Reaper, Waveform and BitWig studio. I'm a bit surprised that no-one else has seen it.

Here's some screenshots of the Multi (it's XML, so you can edit it!):

Several values are not correct.

Please feel free to send this to Technical Support if you wish.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:27 pm Ah ha - you did not mention "Multis" before. Anyway - confirmed here - Windows 7 / ST4 VST2 plug-in in Reaper, Waveform and BitWig studio. I'm a bit surprised that no-one else has seen it.

Here's some screenshots of the Multi (it's XML, so you can edit it!):

Several values are not correct.

Please feel free to send this to Technical Support if you wish.
Thank you for confirming this.

You said I did not mention Multis before... is there some other way to edit a patch that I am unaware of other than essentially editing a "Multi"? How do you edit your patches?

And, yes, I am also very surprised nobody has noticed this before. Then again, the program is very popular for live usage and in situations where you wouldn't be editing the patches I suppose. Which probably makes it pretty difficult to have beta testers or normal users focus on Editing and Recalling Edited patches.

I took "patch" to refer to one or more instruments loaded into ST4. That worked for OK for me. A Multi is just a collection of one or more instruments, maybe with parameters or FX changed. Editing any instrument is the same - on the Edit page.

Anyway, I did a bit more experimenting - it looks like it is only Syntronik instruments. Those from ST3, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth 2 were OK. Can you confirm?
Inspired by ...

I can confirm. Didnt have enough time to take pics or do illustrations to tech support but all the multis I load of Syntronik do indeed are broken in ST4
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”