What is happening to Native Instruments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

16FE2408-BF65-4D26-BD27-D027BD52AC61.jpeg
audiot wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:52 pm
Calenberger wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:44 pm
audiot wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:41 pm
Calenberger wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 pm How can I change my name to Trollenberger?
I like it! :tu:
PM me your account password ... i will help you with that :hihi:
Would my Paypal password be okay as well... ? :help:
Yes ... why not? And your email account as well ...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This thread gets out of control. Back to topic ...

Things I hate about NI:

- long term support
- customer relationship
- their current focus on Reaktor-based instruments and addon products
- Massive X :wink:

Things I love about NI:

- Kontakt
- Battery
- christmas freebies :)

Conclusion:

I will continue supporting them. Kind of toxic relationship I think :scared:

chk071 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:25 pm
telecode wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:15 pm i regret not jumping on the U-he bundle when it was offered by NI last year.
Was a mighty good offer. And, it seems to have paid out for them as well, so... I have a feeling that u-he, who don't do sales, will... do a sale at some point again. ;)
i thought they got burnt by it.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:28 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:25 pm
telecode wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:15 pm i regret not jumping on the U-he bundle when it was offered by NI last year.
Was a mighty good offer. And, it seems to have paid out for them as well, so... I have a feeling that u-he, who don't do sales, will... do a sale at some point again. ;)
i thought they got burnt by it.
They are burnt by the deal structure:
buyers were able to sell off single items some months later, which hurts sales profundly (look sales thread...).
The next big deal would be (if ever) a kind of bundle license (which is of no interest for most of us...)

Spencer Maddox wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:06 am Jokes aside you want to actually provide the high council of KVR with a reason why you hate NI so much?

Did they scam you on a product? Stop making your favorite product? Because there’s legitimate frustrations with NI (like the guy above who’s name escapes me rn (EDIT; His name is Telecode, Sorry telecode :hihi:) with the Machine stuff but it seems some people just want to slam on them just because. And how people keep creating death of NI hype threads once a month it seems...
Me personally?
I don't hate NI at all. I think NI is awesome and historically has been the industry leader in creating innovative and fun tools that help fill the gaps in what your DAW provides (though some DAW's are doing a great job of filling in the gaps themselves nowadays).

I don't think I am even remotely the most negative or critical voice in this thread. I have just been responding to those saying that some of the criticism in this thread is unfounded. There are legitimate concerns people have and they should be able to freely express them.
You can both support something and be critical of the direction it is heading in. In fact critical voices are probably more conducive to the long term health of an institution than sycophants that act like everything is always wonderful.

Anyway my position is just that I am a little concerned with the direction NI seems to be heading in. Priotizing loops and preset packs or whatever above further developing the innovative instruments that they are synonymous with.
For example, as I said earlier, I get a new ad for some preset pack weekly, yet FM8 (one of their signature products) still doesn't pass AU validation.
Also they seem to come up with great ideas and then just let them founder.
Like Komplete Kontrol which is such a promising platform but seems to be going absolutely nowhere.
But anyway, my perceptions could be wrong and they could be doing all kinds of groundbreaking work that I am just not seeing.
The thing that really worries me is the recent news about the changes that have taken place for them from a business perspective and the rumors of a subscription model in the future. It all just feels like a company that got too big and has too many tentacles to be effective with any one thing.
Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

Calenberger wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:14 pm There are soundsets for SERUM from Soundethers (for example).
Very ambient, very left-field.
SERUM is far more than a dumb techno tool.
It can be soooo much more (depending on your skills and dedication)!
Another vote for Soundethers :tu:

The following is another take.

https://soundcloud.com/leap-into-the-vo ... -dimension

Serum - Shadows Of Luring Attraction

And an in-depth take on NI favourites, should you want. 8)
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

FapFilter wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:37 am
Not meaning to derail the thread, but that's something I haven't heard before. Out of personal curiosity - what did you replace your u-he plugs with?

/C
i haven't bought any of the analog modelled synths from them, but ACE was pretty close.
i'm using TAL Mod instead. I prefer it's tone even to Diva or the Repros - i don't care wether it's technically on a more convincingly analog level, or not, but i love the sounds i can coax of it. It is also way more flexible regarding modulations compared to the latter two u-he synths.
It also has the better workflow, GUI layout and a *drum roll* freely scalable GUI

I liked and still like Bazille. And i know it's a totally different category, but the only other synth i'm using is Icarus 2. it just suits me better for the more “digital“ side of sounds

I'm also using TAL sampler as a quick and easy to use basic sampler for melodic stuff (which i probably wouldn't need if i was using a host other than Reaper ;) ) and Geist 2 for my drum sampling duties. Of course both are no replacements for u-he stuff, because they don't offer any sampler at all.

These four are actually the only software instruments i use. I also have a handful of hardware noise makers for toying around.

Haven't been wading through the whole market though, so there might be others that i'd even prefer to those. I'm just perfectly happy with that setup in all regards and feel no need at all to do so.
Yeah - I agree with you. I wouldn't go so far to say they can replace u-he synths for me, but yeah... TAL stuff is damn good.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:15 pm
telecode wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:31 pm
moshimoshi wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:12 am it would actually be pretty good if companies even just manage to survive through this situation,
Music software companies will survive. The ones that don't will be ones that had bad finances to begin with. The issues with NI, and I am (or was), a big NI fan, seem to have been ongoing since couple of years. I think I started paying attention when I saw the weird Splice stuff enter the equasion. It seems all of a sudden , the regular products NI were know for just started getting delayed and side winded.
Yea. I’m not YET concerned about music companies.
Specifically software companies. The industry seems decently recession proof.
If anything as the world goes to S**T I think people will turn more to art forms like music to cope and connect with each-other.
Did any major Dev go out of business back in 08? That’s before I was making music so I don’t know.
Yep...I would have to agree with this...

Just look at the facts...

Not a single software company went bust during the great depression between 1929 and 1933 :o

So the software companies have proven themselves to be fairly resilient entities :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:15 am Just look at the facts...

Not a single software company went bust during the great depression between 1929 and 1933 :o

So the software companies have proven themselves to be fairly resilient entities :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you're right :hihi:

OTOH, several piano builders went out of business :?
Fernando (FMR)

Local Man wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:30 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:06 am Jokes aside you want to actually provide the high council of KVR with a reason why you hate NI so much?

Did they scam you on a product? Stop making your favorite product? Because there’s legitimate frustrations with NI (like the guy above who’s name escapes me rn (EDIT; His name is Telecode, Sorry telecode :hihi:) with the Machine stuff but it seems some people just want to slam on them just because. And how people keep creating death of NI hype threads once a month it seems...
Me personally?
I don't hate NI at all. I think NI is awesome and historically has been the industry leader in creating innovative and fun tools that help fill the gaps in what your DAW provides (though some DAW's are doing a great job of filling in the gaps themselves nowadays).

I don't think I am even remotely the most negative or critical voice in this thread. I have just been responding to those saying that some of the criticism in this thread is unfounded. There are legitimate concerns people have and they should be able to freely express them.
You can both support something and be critical of the direction it is heading in. In fact critical voices are probably more conducive to the long term health of an institution than sycophants that act like everything is always wonderful.

Anyway my position is just that I am a little concerned with the direction NI seems to be heading in. Priotizing loops and preset packs or whatever above further developing the innovative instruments that they are synonymous with.
For example, as I said earlier, I get a new ad for some preset pack weekly, yet FM8 (one of their signature products) still doesn't pass AU validation.
Like Komplete Kontrol which is such a promising platform but seems to be going absolutely nowhere.
But anyway, my perceptions could be wrong and they could be doing all kinds of groundbreaking work that I am just not seeing.
The thing that really worries me is the recent news about the changes that have taken place for them from a business perspective and the rumors of a subscription model in the future. It all just feels like a company that got too big and has too many tentacles to be effective with any one thing.
I'd like to appologize for a mistake I made. If it seemed I responded to you in a very Passive aggressive and sassy way (and I did ) its because I mistakenly thought you were the one who said something about not caring if the company went under, something that was much more (In my eyes considering hundreds of people livelihoods are on this company) rude and aggressive. I checked back and saw that you were actually the guy who RESPONDED To that post but I misread that as you yourself.
It was like 12 AM and My Glasses were off :dog: I gotta be more careful. Over-here misspelling Ceasing, misreading quotes, Gonna be the Unofficial Idiot of KVR if i'm not careful :hihi:

You're correct, people absolutely have the right to be critical of NI. I myself have a love hate relationship with them. My Concern is more in that I feel like they went from being the Gold standard, the Innovators in the industry, to catching up. Plugins they used to release had people scrambling to catch up, it took 8 Years For anyone to Best Massive, I think some on KVR think nobody's outdone FM8 yet, and that products been on the market for 12 years now. They were absolutly ahead of the curve and now they are one of the Only Mainstream Devs without Resizable GUIS, or VST3, Or MPE...It goes on and on.
I'm concerned corporate interests infiltrated the company and became more important then making music, none exposing this worse then the Rip-Off of Splice that I don't know if i've ever met someone who uses it...
I DID use it but they changed the rules under our legs going from Unlimited downloads to highly Limited downloads and I saw no advantage over the product over splice (and loop-cloud that i use too) and cancelled it.
At the same time some people, act like NI is truly a malicious entity that deserves northing but bad things and I don't buy that persay. Theres plenty of shadier devs out there, and NI is still a great Value as a whole. I really feel they could return to their old glory, heck I think if they make the right updates Massive X could be one of the best synths in the world, the sonic engine is amazing, and products like Kontakt and Reaktor as well. Its just all about making the RIGHT updates..
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Sat May 16, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:36 pm Gonna be the Unofficial Idiot of KVR if i'm not careful :hihi:
The competition is fierce :dog:
:evil: :scared: :hyper: :x :hyper: :-o :hyper: :bang: :hyper: :evil:

Spencer Maddox wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Local Man wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Me personally?

I'd like to appologize for a mistake I made. If it seemed I responded to you in a very Passive aggressive and sassy way (and I did ) its because I mistakenly thought you were the one who said something about not caring if the company went under, something that was much more (In my eyes considering hundreds of people livelihoods are on this company) rude and aggressive. I checked back and saw that you were actually the guy who RESPONDED To that post but I misread that as you yourself.
It was like 12 AM and My Glasses were off :dog: I gotta be more careful. Over-here misspelling Ceasing, misreading quotes, Gonna be the Unofficial Idiot of KVR if i'm not careful :hihi:

You're correct, people absolutely have the right to be critical of NI. I myself have a love hate relationship with them. My Concern is more in that I feel like they went from being the Gold standard, the Innovators in the industry, to catching up. Plugins they used to release had people scrambling to catch up, it took 8 Years For anyone to Best Massive, I think some on KVR think nobody's outdone FM8 yet, and that products been on the market for 12 years now. They were absolutly ahead of the curve and now they are one of the Only Mainstream Devs without Resizable GUIS, or VST3, Or MPE...It goes on and on.
I'm concerned corporate interests infiltrated the company and became more important then making music, none exposing this worse then the Rip-Off of Splice that I don't know if i've ever met someone who uses it...
I DID use it but they changed the rules under our legs going from Unlimited downloads to highly Limited downloads and I saw no advantage over the product over splice (and loop-cloud that i use too) and cancelled it.
At the same time some people, (and I mistakingly thought you were this), act like NI is truly a malicious entity that deserves northing but bad things and I don't buy that persay. Theres plenty of shadier devs out there, and NI is still a great Value as a whole. I really feel they could return to their old glory, heck I think if they make the right updates Massive X could be one of the best synths in the world, the sonic engine is amazing, and products like Kontakt and Reaktor as well. Its just all about making the RIGHT updates..
TL;DR
We love you, don't give up!

Local Man wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:30 pm Anyway my position is just that I am a little concerned with the direction NI seems to be heading in. Priotizing loops and preset packs or whatever above further developing the innovative instruments that they are synonymous with.
Dude c'mon. FM8 is not one of their signature products anymore, hasn't been for years. Reaktor, Kontakt (and Massive) are their signature products and they, smartly, are making a lot more products based of those those two. Manufacturers should be making preset packs for their stuff. And NI makes fantastic sample libraries as well (it is not easy work to create a good sample library/instrument). I think you're not looking hard enough and quite frankly "innovation" can be in the eye of the beholder. I'm not saying they don't have any issues. I'm just saying I think a lot of this discussion is like farting in the wind.

I'm Still waiting for FM9
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:43 pm I'm Still waiting for FM9
FM-X....Da Few Cha ov Zzound...

Followed by Abscess-X and Assault & Battery-X :wink:

NI's roadmap foward is going to depend on satisfying the terms and conditions of their lenders....

Market conditions are pretty tough out there,so it will be interesting times as we all negotiate our way in the post covid economy :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”