2%
Reason Europa
3%
Msoundfactory.
1%
WaveWardin Odin
1%

Total votes: 880

I love pigments, it's a joy to program. Phase plant has great wavetables and sounds amazing too!

Vast Dynamics Vaporizer 2 all the way.

Just wait until Zebra 3 launches. I suspect it will upend everything.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

many votes to a nonexisting thing:
Auturia Pigments :)

NM

You know, for such a young synth, I don't think Massive X is doing all that bad at all

dune_rave wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:42 pm many votes to a nonexisting thing:
Auturia Pigments :)
Wait...It's Arturia?
literally this entire time I've called them Auturia...
Well...S**T.
V Thats one more for the Books V
Spencer Maddox wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:36 pm Gonna be the Unofficial Idiot of KVR if i'm not careful :hihi:
I'm on a ROLL :hihi: :hihi:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:24 pm You know, for such a young synth, I don't think Massive X is doing all that bad at all
Massive X sounds so Damn Good it could become the Powerhouse of the Next Few years like its "Father" was back in the late 2000s-Early 2010s.
But Critical Adjustments need to me made imo.
On a sonic level the Coding of the Oscillators and filters and effects is among the best i've ever heard for ANY synth, none the less one thats not supposed to be a VA. I can't say enough good things about that Sound.

Where NI lost people I feel was the workflow.
It was an Unfinished product that was rushed out the door.
Honestly I didin't even give MX the time of day once i saw videos online and realised it wasn't that innovative and overhyped, and It wasn't until I updated my K11 to Komplete12 and opened it for Giggles that i realize it sounds so Freaking good...

Another issue is very High CPU usage but that could be because of said sound Quality.
Diva and Repro don't use low CPU so why should I expect Massive X too...

metaside wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:25 pm
jamcat wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:39 am I voted for Pigments because it's the only one I own.
I have no idea how to use it though.

I bought it on a $49 special hoping it had some usable pad presets. :shrug:
Thanks for the explanation. Seriously, I have been wondering where those 60 votes were coming from when there are plugins like Serum, Icarus and Infinite out there.
I assume most people only own one or two of the plugins listed, and that's what they voted for, rather than ones they don't own or use.

Did you do something different?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Spencer Maddox wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:04 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:24 pm You know, for such a young synth, I don't think Massive X is doing all that bad at all
Massive X sounds so Damn Good it could become the Powerhouse of the Next Few years like its "Father" was back in the late 2000s-Early 2010s.
But Critical Adjustments need to me made imo.
On a sonic level the Coding of the Oscillators and filters and effects is among the best i've ever heard for ANY synth, none the less one thats not supposed to be a VA. I can't say enough good things about that Sound.

Where NI lost people I feel was the workflow.
It was an Unfinished product that was rushed out the door.
Honestly I didin't even give MX the time of day once i saw videos online and realised it wasn't that innovative and overhyped, and It wasn't until I updated my K11 to Komplete12 and opened it for Giggles that i realize it sounds so Freaking good...

Another issue is very High CPU usage but that could be because of said sound Quality.
Diva and Repro don't use low CPU so why should I expect Massive X too...
I've recently decided to get a wavetable synth and I was between Serum, Avenger and Massive X. Massive X sounds really nice, but their interface doesn't suit me, neither Avenger. Serum feels so easy to makes sounds and visual, you can actually see what you are doing.

Also, the lifetime updates for Serum, that was a no-brainer, especially since Serum 2 is in the works. Another plus for Serum, Rent-to-own which I don't think needs explanation, the protection is not invasive (doesn't need another application to activate), lots of presets, wavetables, noises and tutorials out there to play with.

I still miss Sugarbytes Factory in this pool.

Serum owners, there is a new beta: https://xferrecords.com/forums/serum/se ... re-release

You can modulate individual LFO points, and more!

yellowmix wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:01 pm Serum owners, there is a new beta: https://xferrecords.com/forums/serum/se ... re-release

Interesting update. I'll wait until it's a full release, but the LFO point modulation sounds cool.

As for the thread poll, I voted for Serum and Hive. They play together nicely, great duo, complement each other's strengths/weaknesses very well. Zebra obviously does wavetables, but I find that usually isn't the reason I load an instance of it, so I only voted Serum and Hive.

yellowmix wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:01 pm Serum owners, there is a new beta: https://xferrecords.com/forums/serum/se ... re-release

I've seen on their discord channel, some people made some pretty awesome stuff with the new feature. I'll also wait for the final release, can't wait! :hyper:

Sinisterbr wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:37 pm I still miss Sugarbytes Factory in this pool.
If I could re-do this Poll I would replace Soundspot Union and Sektor with Factory and PPG,
When Asked on the ones I missed include those names have came up the most.
I really wish you could change the results for Options with No Votes without clearing up the rest of the Poll :/

Return to “Instruments”