Melodya topic (was Melodya v1.0 announced...)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Melodya

Mickey keys wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:35 am No keyboard focus in studio one. Cant delete notes in the melody editor and cant use the shortcuts and keyboard command. Please Look into this. For now how do you delete a single note in the editor cos the Del or backspace key not working.
okay i loaded Melodya in "Bluecat patchwork" inside Studio One and Shortcuts and Keyboard focus seems to work well. i can delete notes now in the melody editor. But this is not possible if i load the vst or vst3 straight in studio one. the plugin needs to take keyboard focus to enable note delete and shortcut/keyboard commands. I would suggest an option to assign left click for deleting notes. Thanks

As it is, Cant drag midi clip from studio one arrangement (Not browser) to melodya. Please check this for improved workflow. Thanks

Hi Attila,

I noticed very strange behaviour of the notes in Melodya (it happens quite often): when I hover with mouse over the notes, some of them changes its lenght. Some become longer and bigger, some shorter. So I have no chance to edit them as I wish.

It starts with one of the latest updates, I'm on Win 10, S1 Professional.

Does anybody else experience such strange behaviour?

charliezerotwo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:53 am Hi Attila,

I noticed very strange behaviour of the notes in Melodya (it happens quite often): when I hover with mouse over the notes, some of them changes its lenght. Some become longer and bigger, some shorter. So I have no chance to edit them as I wish.

It starts with one of the latest updates, I'm on Win 10, S1 Professional.

Does anybody else experience such strange behaviour?
When you hover over the motive, that is the original notes.. When you move off, that is the notes with the variations applied..

watch this video to learn about it..

viewtopic.php?p=7698399#p7698399

Yes, indeed! StudioOne captures all keyboard events.
I am checking what could be done. In REAPER there is an option to send keystrokes to the plug-in, there must be a similar setting in StudioOne, but I don't know it too well. If all fails, I will ask PreSonus.

Thanks,
Attila
Mickey keys wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:35 am No keyboard focus in studio one. Cant delete notes in the melody editor and cant use the shortcuts and keyboard command. Please Look into this. For now how do you delete a single note in the editor cos the Del or backspace key not working.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Mickey keys wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:00 am But this is not possible if i load the vst or vst3 straight in studio one. the plugin needs to take keyboard focus to enable note delete and shortcut/keyboard commands. I would suggest an option to assign left click for deleting notes. Thanks
I spent lots of time with this problem today. StudioOne does not allow the plug-in to activate its window to get notified about keyboard events.

So what I could do is Alt/Option-clicking on a note will delete it. Also I added a new context menu item "Remove Selected Notes". v1.08 is available now with these improvements.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm
Mickey keys wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:00 am But this is not possible if i load the vst or vst3 straight in studio one. the plugin needs to take keyboard focus to enable note delete and shortcut/keyboard commands. I would suggest an option to assign left click for deleting notes. Thanks
I spent lots of time with this problem today. StudioOne does not allow the plug-in to activate its window to get notified about keyboard events.

So what I could do is Alt/Option-clicking on a note will delete it. Also I added a new context menu item "Remove Selected Notes". v1.08 is available now with these improvements.

Thanks,
Attila
Amazing...... :tu: :tu:

Mickey keys wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:24 am As it is, Cant drag midi clip from studio one arrangement (Not browser) to melodya. Please check this for improved workflow. Thanks

@Musicdevelopment kindly see to this as the plugin is becoming more stable and better.

Hi Mickey keys,

the bad news is Studio One uses its internal data format for drag-and-drop.
I tried to get the data after dropping, all my attempts failed. If you drop from Studio One to Explorer, nothing is saved, this is also an indication of custom data format. Studio One to Reaper also does not work...

Thanks,
Attila

Hi
I like Melodya so far. But why can't I drag drop midi files into Melodya? I opened it up in Reaper (my DAW), and tried to drag drop the midi into it from my desktop. no luck. Appreciate your help!

Hi babymumu!
Dropping a MIDI file should work, I have done that many times with Reaper, even today. Sometimes the problem is if you start your DAW as an administrator, drag-and-drop from the Explorer won't work. (I assume you are on Windows).
Windows blocks drag-and-drop from lower integrity (less privileged) processes to higher integrity ones.
Thanks,
Attila

I’m not sure if the following will help or not but I thought I would add my two cents. It might be a workaround although it is a two-step process instead of one drag and drop. Marcus Huyskens made a short video in Studio One regarding the PreSonus (proprietary) Musicloop format which can hold a lot of information as illustrated in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dxG3ud7Vg

For example, in S1, there is a Files tab to the right where you can make a MIDI folder if desired. Let’s say you have a piano VST with a midi part loaded on that track. When you drag and drop that MIDI part in S1 to your folder while still hold the mouse button down and hovering over your folder, it displays a small popup window with Musicloop and MIDI File, and you press Alt/Option to toggle between them. Select MIDI File and release the mouse button. Then you can drag and drop that into Melodya.

Great tip! Thanks, AxBC! :tu:
Attila

Thank you both Attila and AxBC! I loaded EZkey vst in Reaper, imported midi into it, and drag dropped it into Melodya. It worked this way. But whenever I try to add motives, or click on rhythm section, the app will crash. So what is the way to regenerate the imported midi phrases? Thanks

Hi babumumu, I just tried the following using Reaper 6.10 and Melodya 1.08. I added a track with RealLPC and another track with Melodya and it populates with a default 4 measures. I drag that into the RealLPC track and it plays as expected. I exported that midi part to a local folder under Reaper Media which is a folder that was created when I installed Reaper and shows that I have full control in its properties.
I cleared out the existing notes from Melodya. Then I drag and drop the exported midi into Melodya. I can add more Motives and I can click around on the rhythm section and I am not getting any crashes. I assume that there are some differences in our steps or the midi file you are trying to bring into Melodya.
Are you using the latest version of Reaper and Melodya?
Do you have more detailed steps that cause the crash?
If so, can you provide the steps and/or screen shots here for others to test?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”