Blue Cat's Re-Head Plug-In For Headphones Released!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Re-Head

Double 🙈
Last edited by GRUMP on Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

GRUMP wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 am
Thanks a lot!

After the first Werk of Usage: I have set Up Presets for Re-Head and an optional VST with the Headphone IRs and frequently compare my Results with different Combinations. To make it short: it helps a lot and is a Pleasure for my Ears, too. Positive Side Effect: I read a little, learned something and develooed my Senses. A kind of Awareness, also for Room/Reverb and Spectral Issues in general.👍

Regards!
Cool! Could you list the optional VST and where did you find the headphone IR?

Thanks,
Mario

mabian wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 am
GRUMP wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 am
Thanks a lot!

After the first Werk of Usage: I have set Up Presets for Re-Head and an optional VST with the Headphone IRs and frequently compare my Results with different Combinations. To make it short: it helps a lot and is a Pleasure for my Ears, too. Positive Side Effect: I read a little, learned something and develooed my Senses. A kind of Awareness, also for Room/Reverb and Spectral Issues in general.👍

Regards!
Cool! Could you list the optional VST and where did you find the headphone IR?

Thanks,
Mario
Optional VST means another Convolution Plugin (MConvolution MB).

The Sources for the IRs are mentioned above!

I recommend to add some Reverb, too. Lex 480L or Bricasti M7 IRs maybe...

GRUMP wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 am After the first Week of Usage: I have set Up Presets for Re-Head and an optional VST with the Headphone IRs and frequently compare my Results with different Combinations. To make it short: it helps a lot and is a Pleasure for my Ears, too. Positive Side Effect: I read a little, learned something and developed my Senses. A kind of Awareness, also for Room/Reverb and Spectral Issues in general.👍

Regards!
Thanks!

I have a problem with routing if this plugin is placed on my monitoring bus. I can not switch the output from here to another target. If I use CanOpener, everything is right.
My DAW is MuxBus 6

gambler wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:38 am I have a problem with routing if this plugin is placed on my monitoring bus. I can not switch the output from here to another target. If I use CanOpener, everything is right.
My DAW is MuxBus 6
HI, I am not sure I understand the issue (I am not very familiar with Mixbus). Can you maybe give us more details about what this means (maybe a screenshot)?

Hi,
Mixbus has monitoring bus (Pic1 the last track to the right) and if I klick on "Output" (at the bottom), I can route audio to the outputs of my audio interface (it's from MOTU). Here are out 1+2 my nearfield monitors, out 3+4 are for avantone box and out 5+6 for headphones. There are inserts on this bus (green lines) like Sonarworks Reference and other.
If I put Re-Head plugin on this bus (Pic2) and want to route my output, I have only chance to disconnect. No other outputs are visible in menu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is strange, it looks like it is actually adding an extra input to the plug-in, isn't it? By the way, which plug-in format are you using? Have you tried other formats, just in case?

Heads Up! Re-Head 1.1 is now available!

With new headphone profiles and a couple of enhancements and fixes, this is a recommended update! Haven't tried the natural monitoring experience on headphones yet? Check out the demo!

You can get the plug-in at a special introduction price (20% off) until October 7th, and existing customers will receive an even better deal by email.

What's New In Re-Head 1.1:
- Added new headphone compensation profiles.
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass.
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_fBF1xg6k

Watch out! The introduction offer ends next week!

I like the plugin but there seems to be quite a big jump in volume ( about +6db ) when it is turned on and the gain is at zero, is this expected ?

It is quite dependent on the incoming signal (and the selected position), so you indeed may want to adjust the gain so that levels are fine.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”