Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

16 months since I purchased and v1 still isnt out (not even considering the years before release!)
This is getting a bit silly now.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I'm sorry you feel like. I am working hard on getting the next release out: it contains well 100 fixes and features, and covers a significant portion of the requested changes since the first beta release. I'm hoping on the 0.11 release being a lot quicker out of the gate; and after that, v1.0.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

David wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 pm Thanks so much Colin!
No problem at all.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:35 pm 16 months since I purchased and v1 still isnt out (not even considering the years before release!)
This is getting a bit silly now.
Well at least architect beta is stable and a joy to use :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Add some presets to next release please

^^^
Ditto to that!

David wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 pm ^^^
Ditto to that!
I'm working on that, too!

Did the macro I uploaded for you yesterday do what you needed it to do?

colin@loomer wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm
David wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 pm ^^^
Ditto to that!
I'm working on that, too!

Decided I'd better read the manual again before trying to use it!

David wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 pm Decided I'd better read the manual again before trying to use it!
Fair point! If you have an questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OK, got through the manual to the point of creating a mono sequencer and loading a plugin, then started up the host and played with the sequencer sliders…and thought, wow! this is already a modulatable sequencer beyond most that I've seen, so I'll just find some modulators and see what I can do, just with the controls in the Properties panel, amazing… !!

But, wait. ARE there any modulators yet? I couldn't find them.

So I loaded your example and saw that instead of a modulator to move the playhead, you've created some behavior with more modules and their parameters instead. Which is interesting, but…not what I'm looking for. I want to shape the behavior of the playhead and any other available sequencer and note properties with a graphic device like the Kodiak sequencer/performer in my video clip, or similar, something with mouse-moveable visual controls that become the only feedback I need to get the audible results I want.

So, I assume there WILL be built-in modulators, or is host automation and MIDI CCs from other devices going to suffice? In either case, my question becomes: will it be as easy to create a modulation input in place of the items in the blue box at the top of your example to directly mod the playhead?

And is it now, or will it be, possible to modulate individual notes in a sequencer? I couldn't figure out how to actually apply a transform, after selecting anything, and I didn't see Transpose as an option there…

I'm still assuming that one way or another the whole point of Architect is that you can do whatever you want with it!

Thanks!
Last edited by David on Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe a better question is, if bought right now, is there already some sort of sharing/exchange/or other source of user devices to fiddle with and examine, in lieu of any factory content? So far, I can scarcely locate any palette blocks that I already understand, so building from scratch with Architect wouldn't yet be very productive:)

Also: What's the plan regarding Logic, and AUs, since they can't send MIDI out. Is a MIDI FX AU in the cards? Hope so!

Thanks again, very exciting stuff:)

cant believe I bought this Jan 2019 and still cant use it - or sell it. Makes me feel sick to think of it. Really hoping for something useable soon - all I ever really wanted was a bunch of useful modules and a bit of code etc to link them up but instead there is this huge unfinished MIDI DAW thing. My mistake I know but that doesnt have me feeling any happier

David wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:41 am So, I assume there WILL be built-in modulators, or is host automation and MIDI CCs from other devices going to suffice? In either case, my question becomes: will it be as easy to create a modulation input in place of the items in the blue box at the top of your example to directly mod the playhead?
Yes: there will be library modulators, LFOs, envelopes, and generators of the like. You'll just drag it from the library graph or quick menu, and connect the output to whatever thing you want to modulate.
And is it now, or will it be, possible to modulate individual notes in a sequencer? I couldn't figure out how to actually apply a transform, after selecting anything, and I didn't see Transpose as an option there…
The poly sequencer doesn't (yet) have individual note access, simply because I couldn't come up with an intuitive way of referring to each individual note. In the mono sequencer, for example, you can access each note using the pitch row inlets.

(You can also transpose the notes after they leave the sequencer, which is what happened in that example I gave you.)
I'm still assuming that one way or another the whole point of Architect is that you can do whatever you want with it!
That's the idea.

David wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:36 am is there already some sort of sharing/exchange/or other source of user devices to fiddle with and examine, in lieu of any factory content?
There is some stuff posted on the stickies in this forum.
Also: What's the plan regarding Logic, and AUs, since they can't send MIDI out. Is a MIDI FX AU in the cards? Hope so!

Thanks again, very exciting stuff:)
With 10.2, your options are either host the destination plug-ins internally in Architect, or use something like the IAC driver to route MIDI.

The forthcoming 10.3 has a MIDI FX AU version (and can also host MIDI FX AU directly.)

David wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:41 am But, wait. ARE there any modulators yet? I couldn't find them.

So, I assume there WILL be built-in modulators, or is host automation and MIDI CCs from other devices going to suffice? In either case, my question becomes: will it be as easy to create a modulation input in place of the items in the blue box at the top of your example to directly mod the playhead?
i too was hoping there'd be modulation generators, like LFOs.
Here's 2 methods for driving [Mono Step Seq]. Unzip it to your 'Presets' folder, for easy loading:
2 ways to drive mono sequencer.zip
  1. Uses [Aux Step Seq] to make a pattern that defines a number between 0 & 15. This gets used by [Mono Step Seq] to position transport.
    • The [Mono Step Seq] is bare. Enter some notes and define a destination for [MIDI Output] to play an instrument.
    • The [Aux Step Seq] is filled with value 0, so loops the subsequent [Mono Step Seq]. Edit the values to determine which steps of [Mono Step Seq] is played.
  2. Uses a counter with user defined modulo to play [Mono Step Seq] in a loop up to n steps.
    • The counter is something i wouldn't have been able to design myself. It is translation from the Architect Manual.
    • The [Mono Step Seq] is bare. Enter some notes and define a destination for [MIDI Output] to play an instrument.
    • The [Rotary] on the Panel defines loop length.
They use the [Mono Step Seq]'s 'Play Step' input to position transport.
play step.PNG
There are other modulation inputs for sequencers, such as 'Step Duration', 'Direction', 'Speed', etc., which can be used to deform transport.

The 'Blocks' paradigm in Reaktor are abstractions which can have equivalents in Architect. However, they has to be built from more rudimentary elements. Akin to working in Reaktor's Primary or Core environment. Architect's Sequencer modules provide significant shortcut to such ends.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Loomer”