New MPE synths...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com

LarsDaniel wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:09 pm I don´t know if this is on your list, but FH-2 from Expert Sleepers does MPE.
Yes, it is.

The very fun Ambient-Noise/Soundscaping synthesizer Shoom for iOS just got updated with MPE support.

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/shoom-syn ... 63141?l=en

FontaineBurnett wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:37 pm The very fun Ambient-Noise/Soundscaping synthesizer Shoom for iOS just got updated with MPE support.

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/shoom-syn ... 63141?l=en
thank you so much for telling us about this! I am a huge fan of Xynthesizr, Yuri Torov’s first app, and I have looked at this one for years but never pulled the trigger. I got close when he added Ableton link, but MPE MIDI input made the decision for me. I can’t wait to see what’s under the hood!
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

I was just contacted by Shoom's maker and added it to the Recommended Sounds page.

My Kodamo EssenceFM arrived in the mail today.
The first thing I did was set it up with my Linnstrument.
The Linnstrument fired up right away via front-panel USB.
So far everything seems to be working well, but there is still much to explore.

An amazing controller to pair with an amazing synth.
I am very excited about all the possibilities. :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phosphor 3 (alphaSyntauri emulation and more) by audio damage was just released with mpe support, much like Quanta and Continua, their other mpe synths.

I don't see Imaginando FRMS on the list. Really good FM/Granular synth both for desktop and iOS.

Synthplus81 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:28 pm My Kodamo EssenceFM arrived in the mail today.

Please do report back on MPE operations. Videos would be amazing too, if you've got the time and equipment. I've been watching this one for a while...

Cheers!

P.S. The latest press on the Argon8 mentions full MPE support. I'm liking the general aesthetic of that synth too. Exciting times. Now, if only I could leave the house... :wink:

You could also add the Memorymoon ME80. The pitch range isn't linear though because of how the CS-80 bend ribbon works so it won't have correct pitch bend ranges, but you could set it to work for smaller ranges and vibrato.

John the Savage wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 am
Synthplus81 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:28 pm My Kodamo EssenceFM arrived in the mail today.

Please do report back on MPE operations. Videos would be amazing too, if you've got the time and equipment. I've been watching this one for a while...

Cheers!

P.S. The latest press on the Argon8 mentions full MPE support. I'm liking the general aesthetic of that synth too. Exciting times. Now, if only I could leave the house... :wink:
Wow, congratulations. Yes, please, post some videos...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:00 am Phosphor 3 (alphaSyntauri emulation and more) by audio damage was just released with mpe support, much like Quanta and Continua, their other mpe synths.
Yes, just released today.

Bleass Alpha was also upgraded to MPE support. Timbre and pressure controls assignable to one destination. Pitchbend not adjustable (as far I can see fixed to 48 semit)

The Argon8 has just released firmware 2.0 which introduces MPE :)

leighzi88 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:32 am The Argon8 has just released firmware 2.0 which introduces MPE :)
Do you know how it is implemented? What can you do with MPE? Assignments, etc?

All of the above-mentioned MPE synths have been added to the Recommended Sounds page > MPE list.

Hey, Kodamo here :)

I'm glad you like your EssenceFM!
MPE controllers are easy to use in Performance mode: MIDI channels 1-16 are assigned to parts 1-16, each playing the same Patch. Just keep your finger on a part for 1 second and it will be automatically assigned.

Limitation: the MPE "Common Channel" isn't supported, your controller has to send common events to each channel (that feature may be added in a firmware update)

On this video a user controls his EssenceFM with the Haken Continuum, a nice MPE synth/controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLYlvvJANmk

Return to “Roger Linn Design”