Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

deserves a new thread...
on sale right now for 49 pounds (about US$65).

https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2

Seems like a good deal. Does it also include the wavetable editor?
If so I might actually get it.

i don't think it comes with an editor. i think that's a separate product. But it's top value as is.

a youtube playlist with tons of resources for Ana 2 owners...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-TnWJ- ... FG&index=1

Ouch I think I'll give it a miss then.
Vapourizer 2 is also on sale at £44.90 which imo includes one of the best wavetable editors available.
https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=products

Vst Dynamics also regularly update their Synth with tons of new features, whereas SA seem to have dropped active development on ANA2 which remembers me of how the original ANA faded away.
Thanks for answering though appreciated.

No problem, and be sure to come back to the "Sonic Academy ANA 2" thread to let people know what other products you'd prefer to buy.

Kian Russell wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 pm Ouch I think I'll give it a miss then.
Vapourizer 2 is also on sale at £44.90 which imo includes one of the best wavetable editors available.
https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=products

Vst Dynamics also regularly update their Synth with tons of new features, whereas SA seem to have dropped active development on ANA2 which remembers me of how the original ANA faded away.
Thanks for answering though appreciated.
Vaporizer 2 is sluggish as fook on mac. If you’re on mac you should buy Ana2. It’s a more solid synth.

It doesn’t need updating as often as there’s not as many problems would be my guess... I wish devs would learn how to put out a finished product.

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:22 pm
Vaporizer 2 is sluggish as fook on mac. If you’re on mac you should buy Ana2. It’s a more solid synth.

It doesn’t need updating as often as there’s not as many problems would be my guess... I wish devs would learn how to put out a finished product.
Not sure why the Mac has issues with it because on the PC its very efficient.
ANA 2 could have used a few updates, one that springs to mind is an inbuilt wavetable editor.
Of course ANA 2 has a few lingering bugs like the Arp save which sometimes saves a messed up version, not a serious bug as such.
Vapourizer 2 has been updated because the developer cares, no such a crime hey?

Kian Russell wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:28 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:22 pm

Not sure why the Mac has issues with it because on the PC its very efficient.
ANA 2 could have used a few updates, one that springs to mind is an inbuilt wavetable editor.
Of course ANA 2 has a few lingering bugs like the Arp save which sometimes saves a messed up version, not a serious bug as such.
Vapourizer 2 has been updated because the developer cares, no such a crime hey?
I’m not a fan of spending so much time updating half finished plugins, they’re a work tool for me, no crime in that hey?
I own Vaporizer 2 and compared to Ana 2, it fails in comparison, imho. A large percentage of the updates have been because bugs, not just innovation.
Why are you here commenting on a Ana2 forum, dropping links for competitions products, seems like you’re trying bait. Enjoy V2, it’s an ok synth.

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 pm
Why are you here commenting on a Ana2 forum, dropping links for competitions products, seems like you’re trying bait. Enjoy V2, it’s an ok synth.
Not really baiting, I was genuinely interested in ANA2 but without the wavetable editor I decided to give it a wide birth.
Besides this isn't an official SA forum and of course there is already a dedicated thread about ANA 2 that the developer actively posted in so its not like I am raining on SA's parade.

Here's a link to the thread in question just in case you hadn't noticed it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=477966&start=1230

"Wide birth" ha ha good one

This is now my favourite wavetable synth (and maybe synth in general) :D So glad that I did bought it. I love the character of it. It is a challenge to make it sound bad! :hihi:

I'm still playing around the presets. It has great presets so that I'm still in the upper quarter of the list! But I almost finished reading the manual, so I played with it enough to make my opinion. It has very musical sound, a warm one (like Dune 3), but it can also make cold ones (like Serum), so it balances very well, between the warmth and detailed sound. The effects are very good as well. What's not to like?! The design and interface from the best out there. Great workflow with low CPU usage mostly.

This one and VirtualCZ are from the best synths I purchased this year :D

sold Thorn to buy this one.
I feel a bit silly i left it so long to really give this synth a deep delve.
It's FOOKING SMESHING.

clean tight sound, best forty nine pound i ever spent.

I want to buy/trade for it too. i have thorn and melodyne among many others that i would like to trade for this. I even put up a thread on the marketplace and no one has responded so far. i hope to get my hands on this sooner though. please hit me up with offers anyone.

It's only £49 direst from SA at the moment. I can't see you getting it cheaper than that to be honest, even via the Market Place. I guess it depends how long you are happy to wait :)

Amazing deal. Buy it. I just wish they would change the sample controls so they don't move when other controls are adjusted.

Return to “Instruments”