Limiter 6 GE crashing Cubase

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, we made a silent update yesterday to address this issue. Please try reinstalling the latest editions (even if the version number didn't change).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm Hey guys, we made a silent update yesterday to address this issue. Please try reinstalling the latest editions (even if the version number didn't change).
Thank you, issue is fixed here :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

FabienTDR wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm Hey guys, we made a silent update yesterday to address this issue. Please try reinstalling the latest editions (even if the version number didn't change).
Thanks.
Can I ask the rationale for the silent updates with no version increase numbering?
It does make it hard for us end users.
Look at the confusion we had here between Sahul and me... I dont think if I hadn't taken the screen shot where he saw the build date we would have progressed much.
rsp
sound sculptist

It's for hotfixes only (to save time). Silent updates merge into the next official update (and changelog).

We usually like to go through change requests, fine tune stuff, adapt documentation and test updates first. But it would take too long for such important bugs. They use to suddenly pop up due to third party updates. If our users are blocked, we like to fix it immediately, ignoring the standard update process.

FabienTDR wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:31 pm It's for hotfixes only (to save time). It will merge into the next official update (and changelog).

We usually like to go through change requests, fine tune stuff, adapt documentation and test updates first. But it would take too long for such important bugs (they suddenly pop up due to third party updates).
While we all understand that, it can cause the opposite effect for the end user, because if you don't see a different version number you won't usually download it again "just in case" a silent fix has been made. Maybe it could be more logical if you added the build date on the download section, so we have something to check against the versions we have currently installed. Also, another idea would be that the check for updates in the settings could detect when a new build date has been released, even if the version number hasn't changed.

Indeed it's not "perfect", more of a band-aid. But these bugs typically take us by surprise, often when OSs or plugin hosts change their logic in a way or another.

You can look at the build date to detect changes. The next official update won't take long to ship! (we're in fact looking to fix 1-2 further bugs first, and adding a few heavily requested features)

And what about taking the build date into consideration when checking for updates from inside the plugin? Would it be technically feasible? Because the thing with the build date is that we have currently no place to check the number of the more current build, apart from downloading and installing the plugin itself.

Sahul wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:29 pm And what about taking the build date into consideration when checking for updates from inside the plugin? Would it be technically feasible? Because the thing with the build date is that we have currently no place to check the number of the more current build, apart from downloading and installing the plugin itself.
Indeed.
I think the simplest solution is to put a build date on the website where one can see it and realise if this is a newer build than the one, one is currently using.
rsp
sound sculptist

Good idea

Or add an option in the Settings "Also search for silent updates".

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”