Older effects crashing Bitwig projects after save and open.

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- Yes I am going to ask Bitwig support too.

This is what is happening:

Projects using older effects, current stable version. Filterscape, MFM and Uhbik 1.x

Bitwig 3.1.x

The project works fine, I save the project then when I reopen it. These are sometimes crashing and will not reload when I reopen a saved project. I can delete the plugin from the project and add it back but I loose my preset, whatever it is.

Coco, Twangstrom, Presswerk and Satin are no problem.

My best thought is before closing a project, saving individual presets on each plugin.

Thoughts??

Thank you

Hi Dave,

please send crash/bug reports to support[at]u-he.com, thanks!

Viktor
u-he team

For the record. Still on 1.3 but I face the same problem with DeadDuck Delay.
Maybe you can check it in 3.1, if it crashes then contact BW support to figure out if it's a common bug.

Thanks Viktor, Will do.
The unshushable Coktor wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:33 pm Hi Dave,

please send crash/bug reports to support[at]u-he.com, thanks!

Viktor
u-he team

dlarseninclusive wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:49 pm Thoughts??
Could it be that you are simply using the VST3 versions of those old plugins?
Bitwig will favour VST3 over VST2 by default, thus it's better to not install the old, unstable VST3 versions at all.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Tas.. That is a great thought. I forgot about that. I will clean those out, and try again. I remember that came up with WaveRazer a couple of years ago with Bitwig.

Viktor, the system just hangs, so I am not getting what I need just yet. I have a project that I left saved in that state with MFM. I'll E-Mail you logs when I get them, and thank you. If this VST3 purge fixes the problem, I will send that too.
Could it be that you are simply using the VST3 versions of those old plugins?
Bitwig will favour VST3 over VST2 by default, thus it's better to not install the old, unstable VST3 versions at all.

Return to “u-he”