MCCGenerator shout out

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the free bundle upgrade in order to use MCCGenerator and I must say that this is a ground breaking plugin. The things you can accomplish with it are simply amazing. Using MCCGenerator and MEqualizer together I am able to get a palette of guitar centric wah sounds that is probably going to retire my hi-end pedal board equivalents. Anything from traditional Hendrix tones to funky U2 Discotheque era sounds in any modulation imaginable: sync, envelope follower, ASDR, expression pedal. Using Cantabile Lite as host with Melda stuff has already caused me to ditch my rack stuff in my amp FX loops, and now it looks like a good portion of the pedal board is going away too. MCCGenerator is totally worth the upgrade price because of the potential it unlocks of a lot of the other plugs in the free suite. Well done Melda!

Wasn't MCCGenerator free anyway? What features does the upgrade unlock?

Thanks,
Mario

The software is totally free of charge, so please download and enjoy! You should consider upgrading to a professional version though, as this is what you would get:
-- You can change size and style of the plugins.
-- You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
-- You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
-- You can access the modulators.
-- Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
-- The plugins will not display the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
-- You will make us happy and help us develop more free software ;-).
Not sure which ones apply to MCCGenerator.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:01 pm From: https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle
The software is totally free of charge, so please download and enjoy! You should consider upgrading to a professional version though, as this is what you would get:
-- You can change size and style of the plugins.
-- You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
-- You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
-- You can access the modulators.
-- Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
-- The plugins will not display the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
-- You will make us happy and help us develop more free software ;-).
Not sure which ones apply to MCCGenerator.
I'd say modulators for sure...

Thanks for the recap ;)

- Mario

mabian wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:10 pm
I'd say modulators for sure...
I bought it to get the modulators. Melda's modulators inside MCCGenerator are very deep and I've yet to find something I wanted that they didn't have (shout out for their inverse options, very happy to see those!). Plus they have stuff I didn't even think of wanting that proved to be exceptionally helpful, such as the analyzer graph on the envelope follower. It, and the wet/dry mixer, are what allowed me to quickly dial in all manner of autowahs that are as good as anything I've heard in commercial recordings. Who would have thought this is what lurks inside the nice but boring MEqualizer when MCCGenerator is used to drive its parms? And I'm only just beginning to experiment with modulation schemes that are dirt easy to implement using this combo, but virtually impossible in the analog world...

Using MCCGenerator with my 3rd party analog synth VSTi has opened up an entirely new frontier for sound design. Its literally like getting a new synth that is light years beyond the original. LOL, you have no idea how far only two oscillators can take you with this much modulation flexibility.

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Now, if only I could name those 8 CC controls.
;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

To up the ante even more, it turns out that Reaper supports midi access to automate *any* VST FX that exposes it's parms to automation curves (which is to say virtually all of them). This means MCCGenerator can be used to modulate any VST FX, not just the ones that are specifically midi enabled like Melda's FX are.

vvv Use this instruction template to modulate virtually any plugin's parameters with MCCGenerator vvv

In Reaper (I'm using v5.99) load both MCCGenerator and Valhalla SuperMassive (or any other VST that is not specifically midi enabled) onto a single track. MCCGenerator will default to CC 1 as Mod Wheel on Ch 1 which is fine for testing.

Next in Reaper click the Param button on the VST frame hosting SuperMassive, do FX Parameter List > Parameter Modulation/Midi Link > Mix, then in the dialog box that pops up click “Link from MIDI or FX parameter” then click the bar labeled (none) and do Midi > CC > Mod Wheel to complete establishing the midi link.

Moving the CC1 Value knob in MCCGenerator will cause the Mix knob in SuperMassive to also move. Now set up the desired modulator in MCCGenerator and enjoy a whole new world of possibilities.

^^^ Use this instruction template to modulate virtually any plugin's parameters with MCCGenerator ^^^

Would love to hear from other users what other hosts have similar functionality in this respect.

Samplitude Pro X does not (not sure about more recent versions)
Cantabile does not (emailed them to see if they will add it)

I could do that in Logic too, except that Vojtech won't take the necessary step of enabling MIDI FX mode in the AU version of the plugin. :cry:

Yeah Sekim, this is exactly what i wanna try and setup in Cubase. I'm able to control non-midi FX via Cubase Quick Controls and an external controller and then write automation for them, but i'm unable to route MCCGenerator to any of these paramaters so far. I'm wondering if i need to somehow route MCCGenerator out of Cubase and then back in... Anyone got any ideas?

I think Reaper is the only "time-line" DAW that has this functionality, but not 100% positive. I keep finding things in Samplitude that are barriers to what I want to do, and then find no such barrier in Reaper...I guess the "toy" is all grown up now and I'll be using it for the next project.

I did confirm with the Cantabile developer that their paid versions have this functionality for those into live performance hosts. Looks like I'll be buying a license from them at some point for this very feature...

Return to “MeldaProduction”