How about MSpectralDynamicsLE?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
Since everyone ist raving about Soothe2, how about a LE version of MSpectralDynamics
with presets for taming resonances in guitars etc., taking harshness out of a mix, de-masking
frequency regions..
I think there would be a big market for a cheaper and easier to use Version of MSpectralDynamics .
TBProAudio will bring out their version of this concept -DSEQ- in the near future.
What do you think?

Cheers,
Andi

There are already so many melda plugins that I think new products should be created only when it makes sense as it's already overwhelming to new users.

I'd rather just see some updated presets.

The feature there would be price. I can't justify the cost of mspectraldynamics, even on special, because I wouldn't use it enough — cool though it looks. But a cheaper version could just slip under that threshold

zacha wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:23 am The feature there would be price. I can't justify the cost of mspectraldynamics, even on special, because I wouldn't use it enough — cool though it looks. But a cheaper version could just slip under that threshold
That's what I was thinking. It's a quite expensive plugin. A cheaper, stripped down version might help to introduce it to a wider user base.

I'll think about that.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:21 pm I'll think about that.
:tu: Thanks!

To be honest, simply some pointers to get close to Soothe would be cool. I feel i'm already close, but would like to properly knuckle down on some certain settings and get input from someone who truly knows sonics (Voj) would be very helpful. Loving my new MXXX purchase btw. The varying crossovers and modulators are... refreshing!

stripealipe wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:02 pm To be honest, simply some pointers to get close to Soothe would be cool. I feel i'm already close, but would like to properly knuckle down on some certain settings and get input from someone who truly knows sonics (Voj) would be very helpful. Loving my new MXXX purchase btw. The varying crossovers and modulators are... refreshing!
Interesting... what is an anoying frequency the soothe guys are talking about!? could be very subjective... do they mean resonances?

Anyway. MSpectralDynamics is really a beast.
Only just a few hours ago I release a new track and a listener asked - okay what did you change compared to the previous draft version.
Answer: I added MSpectralDynamics into the Master-Chain because for what ever reason I forgot it...

Three things I have in my Mastering Chain
1. MStereoProcessor: make bass mono, sometimes increase width of mids
2. MSpectralDynamics: Even out Spectrum. This is most often just the "default" preset and I adjust dry/wet lever.
3. MDynamicsLarge: With custom settings trying to mimic OTT
--
For your experiments.
1.) Put MSpectralDynamics into your mastering chain. Use "default" preset. Set Dry/Wet to 100% wet
2.) Add a track which has white noise on it. Change the routing in your DAW that it will not be on the Master
3.) Use the White noise as "side-chain" input for MSpectralDynamics
4.) Set MSpecralDynamics "Detector Input" to "SideChain"
5.) Play your track and check out the difference it makes.
6.) Switch your white noise to ... "pink noise". Check out what happens

I don't get your last experiment above Peter... sending white noise to the side chain and using MSpectralDynamics to analyse just the side chain would just result in a straight curve going into the plugin, with no awareness of the actual signal input at all. It would be the same to just add a static tilt EQ. Did you mean to set MSD to one of the input +/- sidechain type modes???

vectorwarrior wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:57 pm I don't get your last experiment above Peter... sending white noise to the side chain and using MSpectralDynamics to analyse just the side chain would just result in a straight curve going into the plugin, with no awareness of the actual signal input at all. It would be the same to just add a static tilt EQ. Did you mean to set MSD to one of the input +/- sidechain type modes???
Try it. White noise is actually not a straight curve... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EerIGRBoIzw
When I suggest experiments, my intention is often to push sbdy to some direction... hoping out of curiosity this sbdy would start to investgate the topic a little deeper.

Check out what White Noise or Pink Noise would do in a side chain. Use this setup in one channel of your DAW. MOscillator --> MNoiseGenerator (100% wet, White Noise) --> MDynamicEQ on a channel and watch the spectrogram in MDynamicEQ. Then change to pink noise.

...fwiw...I use a "dummie" channel with MNG/no-output set up as a side chain send to MAV for things like sub mixes of backing vocals/guitars/etc. It works for me as an "auto-cheat" mixing thing. Pink or white noise depending on the need...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

It doesn't make sense to me. MSD is a dynamics processor and noise has virtually no dynamics. So all that happens is a static adjustment of the frequency spectrum, which could have been done with an EQ.

I also don't get the second example. If the sidchain input for MAutoVolume is noise then the plugin will not do anything meaningful. How is this "auto cheat"?

So what am I missing here?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Also Peter, I made an OTT like device in MDynamicsMB, it is named Over and Under (I think)
The controls for Over change the amount of downwards compression and the control for Under for the upward compression.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

@"auto cheat"
TL:DR. MAV responds dynamically to the dynamics of the input signal. Using pink noise at the side-chain supplies a reference.

In this context I don't consider either MAV or MNG as static processes, in a momentary or short time, a la LUFS. Long term, I suppose yes, they would most likely tend toward stasis.

Consider this, a band brought in a composition with around a dozen different vocal tracks (too much Queen?) that had been recored over time in several different rooms/spaces and with varying equipment setups. The timing and harmonic content, with some minor adjustments, was fine, the issue was balance/cohesion. Part of my solution was to place MAV on each track, feed the side-chain with pink noise for a consistent reference level, and then on each individual track make all of the necessary parameter adjustments to "focus" the content. Thus avoiding considerable effort with automation/etc.

In this context I was not using the pink noise for its frequency domain quality, but rather its time domaine level/gain attribute. My thinking was that for momentary/short time periods, about the same length as most musical notes, there would be enough variation as to not sound "static," and yet would balance out over longer time frames, as in musical phrases. (it never occurred to me try a pure sine wave) This setup gave me source tracks that I could then mix/blend consistently to form a cohesive whole. Including using some output automation on the MNG track itself...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Thanks Vojtech, for releasing MSpectralDynamicsLE and for including it into the Mixing bundle for free! :party: :tu:

Return to “MeldaProduction”