The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes,
Thought I'd dig up one of your older ones myself. Now listening to "Bring on the Klingon". Speaking of which: I knew this gal that acted in little bit parts on some Star Trek Next Generation sort of TV shows. She had small roles in 2 "Star Trek" movies, along with some other movies. This sounds very 80's, which is fine by me. The Vocaloid vocals actually work well in this song. Catchy melodies per usual. Nice synths. Nice job! I better brush up on my Klingon speaking skills. ;)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:47 am wagtunes,
Thought I'd dig up one of your older ones myself. Now listening to "Bring on the Klingon". Speaking of which: I knew this gal that acted in little bit parts on some Star Trek Next Generation sort of TV shows. She had small roles in 2 "Star Trek" movies, along with some other movies. This sounds very 80's, which is fine by me. The Vocaloid vocals actually work well in this song. Catchy melodies per usual. Nice synths. Nice job! I better brush up on my Klingon speaking skills. ;)
Aaron, thanks for the listen and the feedback. Maddy Narz on Broadway, eh. Okay, maybe I'll make a whole play around it someday. LOL.

wagtunes,
Yeah, I'm no spring chicken. I turned 60 two months ago (yikes). But I'm a young punk compared to Keith Richards and Mic Jagger (both 76 years old). Paul McCartney is even older (77) and they're all still rocking. Since you seem to be able to tolerate my name dropping, I have another story that perhaps you haven't heard. More Giant Squid related stuff. My wife's grandfather doubled for Kirk Douglas in the 1954 Disney film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", in the hard hat diving scenes (my wife's grandfather Al was a pro hard hat diver & had tons of stories). We have the two DVD set for the movie, where one of the DVD's talks of the making of the movie. From what I recall, it was the most expensive movie made at that point in time & it almost bankrupted Disney. No computer effects back then. Probably the climactic scene in the movie is where a Giant Squid attacks the surfaced submarine (the Nautilus). They filmed it in a big studio, and the Giant Squid was nothing more than a life-size rubber squid with guys pulling ropes to get the tentacles to move. The scene was day-time initially, and it looked horribly fake. What to do??? Then someone got the bright idea to have the scene at night, with lightening occasionally flashing. It made the rubber squid look way more realistic, and saved the movie from being a disaster.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 am wagtunes,
Yeah, I'm no spring chicken. I turned 60 two months ago (yikes). But I'm a young punk compared to Keith Richards and Mic Jagger (both 76 years old). Paul McCartney is even older (77) and they're all still rocking. Since you seem to be able to tolerate my name dropping, I have another story that perhaps you haven't heard. More Giant Squid related stuff. My wife's grandfather doubled for Kirk Douglas in the 1954 Disney film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", in the hard hat diving scenes (my wife's grandfather Al was a pro hard hat diver & had tons of stories). We have the two DVD set for the movie, where one of the DVD's talks of the making of the movie. From what I recall, it was the most expensive movie made at that point in time & it almost bankrupted Disney. No computer effects back then. Probably the climactic scene in the movie is where a Giant Squid attacks the surfaced submarine (the Nautilus). They filmed it in a big studio, and the Giant Squid was nothing more than a life-size rubber squid with guys pulling ropes to get the tentacles to move. The scene was day-time initially, and it looked horribly fake. What to do??? Then someone got the bright idea to have the scene at night, with lightening occasionally flashing. It made the rubber squid look way more realistic, and saved the movie from being a disaster.
Fascinating story. I've never seen the movie but I guess now I have to check it out and watch for the squid.

So you're about my age. That explains a lot. Your style is right out of the 70s and you've got that Joe Walsh vocal thing going. And yes, those old guys are still rocking. I heard the Stones latest that they did for the Pandemic. Amazing.

That Maddy Narz song cracked me up! I could see you making a children’s or pop a la 60’s Wall Of Sound production album for sure since you’re lyrics are very silly.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:12 pm That Maddy Narz song cracked me up! I could see you making a children’s or pop a la 60’s Wall Of Sound production album for sure since you’re lyrics are very silly.
I'll take that as a compliment. :D

Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:14 pm
Music Bird wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:12 pm That Maddy Narz song cracked me up! I could see you making a children’s or pop a la 60’s Wall Of Sound production album for sure since you’re lyrics are very silly.

Thanks,
It was a compliment! I always enjoyed your music since it has a unique quirk I have yet to find in other artists.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:43 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Thanks,
It was a compliment! I always enjoyed your music since it has a unique quirk I have yet to find in other artists.
Unique quirk. A politically correct euphemism for "strange as all hell" :hihi:

mr bird isnt wrong!

its one of the things ive always said, its pop but with a weird twist.
if you want a cool reference...

https://youtu.be/njB4JrRAWjU

you are very different, but you often bring to mind this guy.
if you dont know him, the documentary on youtube is well worth a watch 8)

also, i listen to that record and many of his others regularly ;)
while he may be seen as a novelty/outsider to me, hes as relevant as kraftwerk 8)

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:00 pm mr bird isnt wrong!

its one of the things ive always said, its pop but with a weird twist.
if you want a cool reference...

https://youtu.be/njB4JrRAWjU

you are very different, but you often bring to mind this guy.
if you dont know him, the documentary on youtube is well worth a watch 8)
Thanks for sharing this. To me, this is straight out novelty where I "try" to be serious with most of my songs, though I have done some strange tunes.

Also, I do try to stretch myself as a writer and do lots of different things. I don't think they all sound the same though I guess there's always a little part of me in each one that stands out. Maybe it's my voice. It can't be song structure because I've done everything from metal to hip hop to show tunes, with completely different arrangements for each genre.

Anyway, I've created a poll that's going to run until the end of the month to find out what people would like to hear me do, aside from stop recording, which is also an option.

yeah, that one is novelty, its a kids record.
electric lucifer not so much ;)
i posted that one in particular, because bird mentioned childrens music :)

and yes, you do stretch yourself and do other things, which is cool...
but wags at home, is the stuff im talking about :)
and like i said, you're not so much the same, but theres something that just makes me think of an artist i have admired for many years.

read that last sentence especially :)

youre getting in to the polls lately :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:59 pm read that last sentence especially :)
Thanks. I did. Not sure I deserve the praise but I'll take it.

FWIW, just recently a friend of mine who I used to record with back in the 70s and 80s emailed me out of the blue and long story short, I emailed him links to some of my recent stuff and his reply was "2 words, f**king awesome"

Coming from him, that was the ultimate compliment as he never really thought much of anything either of us did. Of course neither did I. We were really bad back then. But he had a lot more natural talent than I did. Oddly, he abandoned music while I kept plugging away. I never gave up, as bad as I was.

Return to “Music Cafe”