PRODUCTS

cturner wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:42 pm I've checked all the filters now:

1: Favorites
2: Location
3: File Type
4: Category
5: Tags
6: Creator

I notice also that bullet point nine should read "/browser/result/+", not "preset".

I looked at your Open Stage Control JSON and I guess interaction by name is hobbled by the Bitwig UI paradigm. I saw some more direct messages coded in your Java source, but those don't seem to work for me.

Thanks again!
Thanks! Fixed it.

Hi Moss- Hope all is well?

I wonder if you could quickly answer some simple questions for me? I'd profit greatly from your long experience with Bitwig controller scripting.

1) The Popup Browser is the only non-deprecated way to change device presets, correct?
2) The search input bar at the top left of the Popup Browser window isn't made available to the Controller API, correct?
3) Are the "/browser/results/first" and "/browser/results/last" messages implemented in your OSC controller? In the Bitwig API?

Thanks much!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:36 pm 1) The Popup Browser is the only non-deprecated way to change device presets, correct?
Yes.
cturner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:36 pm 2) The search input bar at the top left of the Popup Browser window isn't made available to the Controller API, correct?
Yes.
cturner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:36 pm 3) Are the "/browser/results/first" and "/browser/results/last" messages implemented in your OSC controller?
No.
cturner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:36 pm In the Bitwig API?
Yes, but have not tested.

Thanks, Moss!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

I‘m trying to set up the OSC script from DrivenByMoss (v7.40) with Lemur. Unfortunately I get an error pop up „OSC did something wrong. Trying to get a value while not being subscribed“.

Ports and IP are correct. Lemur Daemon is running and recognizes the app running on the iPad.

How can this be resolved? I‘m still running on an older version of Bitwig (3.0.3).

wvshpr wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:30 pm I‘m trying to set up the OSC script from DrivenByMoss (v7.40) with Lemur. Unfortunately I get an error pop up „OSC did something wrong. Trying to get a value while not being subscribed“.

Ports and IP are correct. Lemur Daemon is running and recognizes the app running on the iPad.

How can this be resolved? I‘m still running on an older version of Bitwig (3.0.3).
OSC had a lot of bugs in the past. It got only fully fixed recently (not fully sure, somewhere around 3.1.x). I am afraid you have to update.

I can't seem to get the plugin to send the "/vkb_midi/note/{0-127}/color" messages, everything else seem to arrive just fine. Is there any extra configuration required to get this to work?

Also, is there a plan to implement a matching set of the commands under the "Receive - Play" section for Send?

glindstedt wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:56 pm I can't seem to get the plugin to send the "/vkb_midi/note/{0-127}/color" messages, everything else seem to arrive just fine. Is there any extra configuration required to get this to work?
Seems there are some bugs. Will be fixed in the next update.
glindstedt wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:56 pm Also, is there a plan to implement a matching set of the commands under the "Receive - Play" section for Send?
Sorry, no.

Hi Moss, I'm having a fun time with the OSC template and script and have almost made my perfect template. Now I'm trying to add an XY pad to the User page and have it mapped to a certain FX Selector with X and Y controlling parameters like a KaossPad.
How should I go about setting the XY pad up to send the kind of information that the OSC script can read? It's sending two arguments to the same address and I think that's why Bitwig isn't picking it up.

A fader sends /user/64/value [{type: 'i', value: 64}] for example
The XY sends /user/64/value [{type: 'i', value: 64}, {type: 'i', value: 64}]
That's what's showing up on my debugging screen. Any way of splitting that into two messages?

EDIT: I also just realised that the XY pad crashes the script. I can't go above an index number 64 it seems. So as long as I'm on the first page or User mode it's fine, as soon as I switch to say page 2 it crashes and tells me the index is now 71, even while Open Stage Control's debug page shows /user/64/..... Weird?

NKirn93 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 am Hi Moss, I'm having a fun time with the OSC template and script and have almost made my perfect template. Now I'm trying to add an XY pad to the User page and have it mapped to a certain FX Selector with X and Y controlling parameters like a KaossPad.
How should I go about setting the XY pad up to send the kind of information that the OSC script can read? It's sending two arguments to the same address and I think that's why Bitwig isn't picking it up.

A fader sends /user/64/value [{type: 'i', value: 64}] for example
The XY sends /user/64/value [{type: 'i', value: 64}, {type: 'i', value: 64}]
That's what's showing up on my debugging screen. Any way of splitting that into two messages?

EDIT: I also just realised that the XY pad crashes the script. I can't go above an index number 64 it seems. So as long as I'm on the first page or User mode it's fine, as soon as I switch to say page 2 it crashes and tells me the index is now 71, even while Open Stage Control's debug page shows /user/64/..... Weird?
There are 64 user parameter, therefore you cannot go higher. E.g. if you want to use the first 2, you should do, e.g.:
/user/1/value 80
/user/2/value 55

Splitting up the XY values is a bit tricky. I did not find an easy solution for that so far. What you need to do is to have two additional knobs (or sliders) which contain the /user/1/ and /user/2/. Then you need to have 2 scripts which transform between the XY pad and the knobs and vs.
I used that trick with the included equalizer template but with the more complicated multi-xy pad.

Hello Moss !
I wonder if a user2 mode would be possible to create for an OSC template ?
exactly the same way as the Push 2 when you go the User mode button. selecting any parameters on the Bitwig poject in a custom way ?
I just bought OSC/pilot to play with as it seems for me enough user friendly and it works great with your Bitwig OSC script as far as i tried it.
I want to create a custom template that control arbitrary parameters in the Bitwig project and i want to create a nice looking template on OSC/Pilot with buttons , faders and knobs in it. :).
Thanks !

zengel wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am Hello Moss !
I wonder if a user2 mode would be possible to create for an OSC template ?
exactly the same way as the Push 2 when you go the User mode button. selecting any parameters on the Bitwig poject in a custom way ?
I just bought OSC/pilot to play with as it seems for me enough user friendly and it works great with your Bitwig OSC script as far as i tried it.
I want to create a custom template that control arbitrary parameters in the Bitwig project and i want to create a nice looking template on OSC/Pilot with buttons , faders and knobs in it. :).
Thanks !
That is already possible. Use the 64 /user parameters commands, which I just commented on in the previous post. The included Open Stage Control template also contains an example page with the user parameters. These are independent from Push.

:clap: ...downloading Open Stage Control... *excited mode*.... :)

moss wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 am There are 64 user parameter, therefore you cannot go higher. E.g. if you want to use the first 2, you should do, e.g.:
/user/1/value 80
/user/2/value 55
Sure, but if I said that an XY pad should have the address /user/50, why would that address then increase every time I switch the banks in user mode? The faders are the ones who should have their address number increase as they have /@.{parent.variables.n} in the address bar, not the XY pad where the address number is fixed. Right?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Wow...thanks...that worked perfectly with OSC/Pilot !
I didn't manage to receive parameters on the Open Stage Control but on OSC/Pilot it works !!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
let's have fun !

Return to “Controller Scripting”