Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(I must say I feel like a giant pair of kindergarten shoes stomping all over a room full of well-worn post-doctoral brogues with all these utterly basic not-even-building queries. Would these be better posed in another purpose-added thread, or are they easier for you to find just thrown in amongst all these other beta conversations?)

colin@loomer wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:09 pm … The timeline also allows your to create automation curves, which can then be assigned to any parameter than acts as a modulation destination (ie, most of them.)
i noticed that automating the Transport>Speed parameter of a Sequencer clips at 100%. This is true in the case of all mapping modes (Direct, Invert, Custom Range).

David wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:30 pm How to play a MIDI File? I got this far:

Don't see how to provide the file input.
You were nearly there. Create a [data] module with the MIDI file name as a string (that is, "in quotes"). The MIDI file name must match (exactly) the name of a file in the MIDI pool. Again, this is something that's easy with the forthcoming 10.3 build as you can enter the file directly.
Related question:
Is it possible to import a MIDI file or any MIDI data from outside Architect into a mono or poly sequencer? Paste after copying from the DAW piano roll didn't work; long shot, I suppose.
Short answer: no, not yet. Essentially, it's because some MIDI files cannot be directly converted to step sequences. However, the general consensus seems to be that people want to be able to do this when possible, so I've made some progress on allowing this, and it will be possible in a future iteration.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

David wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:36 pm yes, definitely!
There's simply too many points in each text step where I'm unsure of what exactly you're referring to.
Will do!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

David wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:51 pm (I must say I feel like a giant pair of kindergarten shoes stomping all over a room full of well-worn post-doctoral brogues with all these utterly basic not-even-building queries. Would these be better posed in another purpose-added thread, or are they easier for you to find just thrown in amongst all these other beta conversations?)
I don't mind either way. I would say, though, that there is less chance (of me) accidentally missing a post if each question (or group of related questions) was in their own thread.

levendis wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:27 pm i noticed that automating the Transport>Speed parameter of a Sequencer clips at 100%. This is true in the case of all mapping modes (Direct, Invert, Custom Range).
Yeah, you're absolutely correct. That's a bug. Thanks. I'll get it fixed.

:tu: :tu:

colin@loomer wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:33 pm
Related question:
Is it possible to import a MIDI file or any MIDI data from outside Architect into a mono or poly sequencer? Paste after copying from the DAW piano roll didn't work; long shot, I suppose.
Short answer: no, not yet. Essentially, it's because some MIDI files cannot be directly converted to step sequences. However, the general consensus seems to be that people want to be able to do this when possible, so I've made some progress on allowing this, and it will be possible in a future iteration.
Response posted in new thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=546249

David wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:33 pm Ah, thank you! btw, I tried to change the key command while open in Live, but the panel for that wouldn't accept key strokes, just mouse clicks.
Hello David. I'm having trouble reproducing the issue you are seeing re: changing keyboard mappings in Live. I've the same macOS version and version 10 of Live, and here it seems to work fine. Can I just run you through what I'm doing, in case we're doing something different?

* Open the Options dialog
* Go to the Key Bindings panel
* Type "mapping" (without quotes) in the search window to filter the listed bindings to just controller mappings.
* Add a new mapping to Windows > Toggle Mappings by clicking on the plus sign to the right of Toggle Mappings.
* This should bring up the New Key Binding window, which will wait for you to press the additional shortcuts. In my case, I held SHIFT + COMMAND + K, because that doesn't appear to be used elsewhere.
* If the shortcut is conflicting with another internal Architect shortcut, a red warning will appear. (This won't stop you making the shortcut, as having the same shortcut used for different things in different windows is not always ambiguous.)
* Click OK to confirm the additional binding. You should now have two shortcuts assigned to Toggle Mappings. (You can delete the COMMAND + M) mapping, as it conflicts with Live, by clicking on the X beside it.

Could you let me know, please, how far you get following these steps? Hopefully that'll help to narrow down the issue. Thanks.

Just walked through your steps and had no trouble at all:) I was doing something sightly different, trying to replace the existing shortcut rather than adding another one; now I know better! (Including how to just use a mouse click, which in this case seems faster since everything else I do when mapping parameters I do with the mouse…)

Sorry for the wild goose chase!

Not a problem: my favourite type of bug are the ones that I don't have to fix! (Seriously though, I will leave the issue open, and if this proves to be a confusion for other people, I'll look to tweak the design in a future iteration.)

Thanks!

Is there any chance we will ever see the next update with presets? I mean I love presets. 😁

I'm going through the final tests for the next update, which I was hoping to get out for tomorrow, but unfortunately a few tests failed. Early next week, then, probably Tuesday for 0.10.3; and then 0.11 at some point after that (and I should add that finishing the preset library is a fraction of the work compared to what's been done to get 0.10.3 into shape, so don't use the time between 0.10.2 and 0.10.3 as any kind of metric!)

Ace!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:55 pmAce!
Thanks! It's such a bit step beyond 0.10.2 that it's become pretty painful for me to have to run 0.10.2 in order to test upgrades and the like, and then remember: "oh, such as such feature wasn't in 0.10.2!"

Return to “Loomer”