Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've noticed that, what's DSEQ?

ah, this one?
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/dseq-b ... io/details

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:46 pm Bit of an influx of Soothe licenses up for sale recently. Makes me wonder if they've switched to DSEQ...
Because they prefer it, or because it's cheaper?...

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:17 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:46 pm Bit of an influx of Soothe licenses up for sale recently. Makes me wonder if they've switched to DSEQ...
Because they prefer it, or because it's cheaper?...
You'd have to ask them. Since they already owned Soothe, my guess would be because they prefer it. I'm making assumptions though.

i'm sure that DSEQ was on sale fairly recently. I didn't realise at the time that it was adaptive, i thought it was just a dynamic EQ. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for the next sale.

sqigls wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:47 pm i'm sure that DSEQ was on sale fairly recently. I didn't realise at the time that it was adaptive, i thought it was just a dynamic EQ. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for the next sale.
I don't think it was. I also believe the developer never does sales at all.

Soothe 2 was 139,00 € on sale (usual 199 €), vs DSEQ 79 € (not on sale) so given the present and near future state of the world economy a money-saving motive would make sense, if DSEQ is adequate....

D.Wako wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:17 pm
40% off all Tracktion Waveform, instruments, expansions, and upgrades:
https://www.jrrshop.com/tracktion?dir=asc&order=name
How long is this on Uncle E? Thanks in advance. :)
It ends May 29.

monomox wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:15 pm is it just me or the Krotos' logo resembles certain depictions of the covid-19 pretty closely?
never mind, I'm just bored
it's Friday, right? I think so
You're right!

monomox wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:32 pm I used to dislike Drumica and Addictive Drums and now I like them. I think it's a question of getting to learn each plugin and our willingness to work with them. We're accustomed to jumping from one plugin to the next hoping that's "the one" but that doesn't work.
Agreed. Each company has great libraries that are unique to them. FXpansion is still actively supporting BFD with expansions.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:41 am Soothe 2 was 139,00 € on sale (usual 199 €), vs DSEQ 79 € (not on sale) so given the present and near future state of the world economy a money-saving motive would make sense, if DSEQ is adequate....
DSEQ currently £93.16 with VAT.
Still a good bit cheaper..

Price aside, how do they compare in sound quality and features? Does DSEQ provide anything Soothe2 does not, or vice versa?

Uncle E wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:19 am Price aside, how do they compare in sound quality and features? Does DSEQ provide anything Soothe2 does not, or vice versa?
I own dseq and test 14 days against soothe 2 as I wanted to save some bucks. I managed to achieve the same results with both plugins. Soothe is more subtle, but can go hard if you push it. Dseq is more aggresive at default but you can dial it to make subtle changes. I can afirm that sound quality is excelent in both. A part from that, Dseq has one more "quality" resolution (ultra 2) but is missing the "offline" setting that Soothe has. Dseq has a hi and lo filter to avoid affecting frecuencies.
with dseq, by pressing ctrl in the graphic, you can solo that frecuency, super usefull
They don't do sales and is 79 only if u have european vat

citidela wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 pm ... but is missing the "offline" setting that Soothe has...
DSEQ supports OS and quality offline render modes since V1.2.0 (current 1.3.1) :wink:

sqigls wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:47 pm i'm sure that DSEQ was on sale fairly recently. I didn't realise at the time that it was adaptive, i thought it was just a dynamic EQ. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for the next sale.
We never do sales ... :wink:

Looks like Melodyne 5 is coming. The webshop is offline and the support pages list an upgrade FAQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSS1OSA ... e=emb_logo
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”