RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

parawave wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:25 pm More are planned. There are at least two or three being worked on. The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
I think the "problem" is the "unique" demand! I would buy "unique" sounds, but most preset buyers want sounds they know from tracks they like! That's the reason plugins like Nexus or Avenger are so "successful". Also meanwhile every mainstream and underground electronic music genre is available as presets and samples! And I know that, because I almost have everything for many genres. The only differences especially with presets are the quality and the requirements of the plugins. That's the only reason, I'm still looking for and buying new presets and VSTs. And Rapid is a very good quality synth!

clipnotic wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:12 pm
parawave wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:25 pm More are planned. There are at least two or three being worked on. The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
I think the "problem" is the "unique" demand! I would buy "unique" sounds, but most preset buyers want sounds they know from tracks they like! That's the reason plugins like Nexus or Avenger are so "successful". Also meanwhile every mainstream and underground electronic music genre is available as presets and samples! And I know that, because I almost have everything for many genres. The only differences especially with presets are the quality and the requirements of the plugins. That's the only reason, I'm still looking for and buying new presets and VSTs. And Rapid is a very good quality synth!
thats why it would be great that more sound designers jump on it. but it is of course dependant on:

1. how worth is it for them? how big is the cut and how many customers?
2. is RAPID a product which sucks in a lot of XP buyers? (check refx/vengeance they seem to have a lot of buyers so sound designers might jump on there to do xps instead for RAPID)

a product needs definitely first xps and presets for the masses! i dont like that but it is how you can get a lot of attention sadly. check Sylenth1, check Serum, they got a lot of attention cause these are great products but also because many popular artists use them and are used to show how to get this sound and that in these vsts.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

That's right, especially for Sylenth and Serum are many soundbanks available, but I'm buying different genres for them, Sylenth for mainstream stuff and Serum for experimental and DnB.

Meanwhile many popular artists are using presets and samples, too. Okay, nobody knows, if the artist create it first and the preset was only cloned, but you can buy everything, the sounds and thousands of full harmony midi files, a good example are Trance genres, Uplifting, Euphoric, Psy and so on. And it's really easy to import some midi files and if you like some, you load some preset banks and after one hour, you have a good basis for a new track. Perhaps the popular artists sell them, because they don't make much money with selling their full tracks? :D

clipnotic wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:28 pm That's right, especially for Sylenth and Serum are many soundbanks available, but I'm buying different genres for them, Sylenth for mainstream stuff and Serum for experimental and DnB.
Unfortunately most of them sucks really bad. 1 out of 50 expansions for Serum, Sylenth, Massive and Spire contains enough quality to purchase. Problem is I have bought a couple of them after listening to the demo (which has been convincing, so they have done a great job there), and then many of the sound have been useless.

Example of good ones though are for Avenger, Nexus, AAS synths, Tone2 synths and I'm sure Rapid should be able to attract sound designers like Aiyn Zahev, Simon Stockhausen, Richard Devine, BigTone and more, as long as the gain for them is big enough.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

...and as always, my votes for expansions to release are psytrance and synth/retrowave, as well as cinematic, ambient and soundscapes.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:57 pm Unfortunately most of them sucks really bad. 1 out of 50 expansions for Serum, Sylenth, Massive and Spire contains enough quality to purchase. Problem is I have bought a couple of them after listening to the demo (which has been convincing, so they have done a great job there), and then many of the sound have been useless.

Example of good ones though are for Avenger, Nexus, AAS synths, Tone2 synths and I'm sure Rapid should be able to attract sound designers like Aiyn Zahev, Simon Stockhausen, Richard Devine, BigTone and more, as long as the gain for them is big enough.
Yes, there is much crap available and I bought shit, too. But that was learning and meanwhile I know where I get sounds I like. For example, I'm collecting Bigtone sounds since many years, except the Avenger expansions, because there's no sound in the demos, I like., but some other expansions are really good. Okay, I also bought soundbanks, because I wanted only one sound from them, for example one Nexus expansion, but that's a sound which is not possible to program without the samples they used for it. :D

My favorite sounddesigner: Howard Scarr (U-He)

The Serum presets I bought from 7skies (and KHSMR) and John “Skippy” Lehmkuhl are all great.

There is something not quite right about the mono legato. I want a preset that has a long release, legato (glide) when over lapping notes and no legato (no glide) when the notes don't overlap.

In Rapid, if I set a long release, then switch on mono legato when the notes overlap it works as expected. If the notes don't overlap and the note is still releasing when you press a different key, it is not longer mono - the release tail interacts with the new note. This is with the note 'Limit' set to >1. If you set the note 'Limit' to one then it always glides between notes, whether they overlap or not and if 'Glide Always' is checked or not.

Is there a different way to set up this scenario correctly in Rapid? In other synths (depending on how they are set up) it's just a matter of selecting mono/mono legato, setting a glide and you are done. No matter the tail length the new note will always cut off the previous note.

parawave wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:39 pm
It got a bit quiet here, so here are some good news. It was on the road map since the initial release.
Now finally. Granular Synthesis!

There will be more information on it in the next days/week. Also some audio examples.
Hate to point out the obvious but, it's been over a week now... :hihi:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:26 pm
parawave wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:39 pm
It got a bit quiet here, so here are some good news. It was on the road map since the initial release.
Now finally. Granular Synthesis!

There will be more information on it in the next days/week. Also some audio examples.
Hate to point out the obvious but, it's been over a week now... :hihi:
:party: :clap: :hyper: :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Its great to see the Rapid thread alive with antici….........….pation
Maybe Parawave can get a forum here on KVR so we can discuss different things on separate threads!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Is there new sale coming soon?

keel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am Is there new sale coming soon?
Nothing has been mentioned on that but....
Granular + MSEG + Sale = lots of new users! :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:59 am Its great to see the Rapid thread alive with antici….........….pation
Maybe Parawave can get a forum here on KVR so we can discuss different things on separate threads!
It is also good to have this thread here too so people who dont know it learn about it and also show other devs how it is made !

SLiC wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 am
keel wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am Is there new sale coming soon?
Nothing has been mentioned on that but....
Granular + MSEG + Sale = lots of new users! :tu:
Hopefully, maybe some new ex-avengers :hihi: :tu:

Return to “Instruments”