The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

empphryio wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:59 pm I haven't listened to NIN much. To the extent I have it seemed like sexiness was an important component. I didn't hear any sexy in your first two NIN tracks. Otherwise pretty good.
i suppose if you find angsty whiny emo sexy, then yeah trent oozes sex appeal :hihi:
maybe on a couple of tracks, but mostly he sounds desperate and a bit needy :shrug:

which isn't a put down, i love nin, and thats part of the whole, the lost kid who is angry at everything.
dont do drugs kids!

I can't believe disco has pulled into the lead. Of course not counting all the people who wish I would stop making music altogether. :lol:

better get some sequined hot pants :lol:

That was unexpected :scared: Should I have discovered this song in the wild I'd never attribute it to you.

But actually it's quite nice. I'm not very familiar with NIN, but it oddly reminds me of Oomph and similar, maybe even Die Krupps.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:32 pm
That was unexpected :scared: Should I have discovered this song in the wild I'd never attribute it to you.

But actually it's quite nice. I'm not very familiar with NIN, but it oddly reminds me of Oomph and similar, maybe even Die Krupps.
I can imitate pretty much anybody. Sadly, I don't think I've ever had a truly original thought a day in my life musically. I absorb other people's stuff and just put my own spin on it. But who I truly am as a writer? Honestly, I have no idea. I have listened to way too much music in the course of my 62 years on this rock.

This thread will give you a decent idea and even at that is not all encompasing.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=522861&p=7359820#p7359820

It's a game I've been playing since April of last year. I pick a song, find it at Youtube, play it and then find another song that either has a word in common with the title or artist. Some words like "the" are excluded because they're just too common.

I've up to over 4,000 songs and haven't even scratched the surface.

So it's no wonder I have no idea who I am musically.

I don’t know who I am musically either.

I trained my voice to a combination of Michael Stipe, Trent Reznor, David Gahan, and Martin Gore. Don’t know what I sound like as myself.

I’ve been into a narrow scope of music for most of my life (opposite you, wagtunes). If you don’t know, then how will I ever, ha ha :hihi: But I’m impressed that you can pick up a genre, or whatever, and play in it with such ease.

My earliest music was too “pleasant” and lowfi for my own tastes. My second era was fueled by breakup, psychological abuse, and psych drugs. My current era is the best work I’ve done but comes slowly and is mostly inspired by NIN.

My work ethic in general is lazy: If I’m not inspired by a sound or a song, I make nothing but more sounds... if I’m lucky.

Anyway... “Rip Out My Heart” reminds me of Stabbing Westward. This is especially in regard to your voice, though I’m not sure why, but it’s also the lyrics. Stabbing Westward tends to be rather direct or literal (as opposed to interpretive) in lyrical content, so I can see why I get that impression here.

This is still in the range of what my unlisted poll vote choice would have been, so I’m entirely cool with that. :tu:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I finally listened to that country mashup video; it’s quite amusing! Thanks for posting that. I shared it with my eclectic girlfriend...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Bee Gees.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:26 pmBee Gees.
i like that one about the sentient vegetation.

ch ch chives talkin :singer:

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:26 pmBee Gees.
Yeah, whoever thought that disco would be winning this poll?

i'm a womans man no time to talk

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:12 pm I don’t know who I am musically either.

I trained my voice to a combination of Michael Stipe, Trent Reznor, David Gahan, and Martin Gore. Don’t know what I sound like as myself.

I’ve been into a narrow scope of music for most of my life (opposite you, wagtunes). If you don’t know, then how will I ever, ha ha :hihi: But I’m impressed that you can pick up a genre, or whatever, and play in it with such ease.

My earliest music was too “pleasant” and lowfi for my own tastes. My second era was fueled by breakup, psychological abuse, and psych drugs. My current era is the best work I’ve done but comes slowly and is mostly inspired by NIN.

My work ethic in general is lazy: If I’m not inspired by a sound or a song, I make nothing but more sounds... if I’m lucky.

Anyway... “Rip Out My Heart” reminds me of Stabbing Westward. This is especially in regard to your voice, though I’m not sure why, but it’s also the lyrics. Stabbing Westward tends to be rather direct or literal (as opposed to interpretive) in lyrical content, so I can see why I get that impression here.

This is still in the range of what my unlisted poll vote choice would have been, so I’m entirely cool with that. :tu:
I see you have a Soundcloud channel. I am definitely going to check it out. I'm curious as to what kind of stuff you do.

I wonder how many of us truly know who we are? So many of us spend so much time putting our best foot forward for people so that we can be accepted, I can't help but wonder if we do that musically as well.

Anyway, as this CD I'm working on progresses, I am sure I am going to start to incorporate several other styles while trying to keep to the basic theme, which is essentially "I'm pissed off at the world, here's my rage" kind of stuff. I don't think I can do this for more than 12 songs so this is going to be a relatively short CD.

Working on my next track, inspired by an earlier poster, "Is This Sexy Enough For You" which, lyrically, is really warped and twisted.

I absolutely cannot sing this in front of my wife. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:43 pmI'm curious as to what kind of stuff you do.
That depends on how much money you have.

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:45 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:43 pmI'm curious as to what kind of stuff you do.
That depends on how much money you have.
1. I was asking Jace

2. I have no idea what your response has to do with what I said.

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:42 pm i'm a woman
doesnt matter on the interwebz babe ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”