Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I don't want to sit through a video, is there a list?

Yeah, release notes on the Xfer site.

Cool stuff!

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tonepusher wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:35 am Hi guys,

Check us out for Serum presets!
Cheers for the shill! :roll:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Oops
Last edited by focusrite on Wed May 27, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serial deleted
Last edited by focusrite on Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

focusrite wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:03 pm
Vortifex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:44 pm
cb8rwh wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:30 am Yeah, release notes on the Xfer site.
If a changelog exists he's done a great job of making it as hard to find as possible.
Not really. It's on the available downloads page.

Download Serum
Your Serial
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Is it wise to post your serial?

focusrite wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:03 pmOops
Too late. :oops:

Yep. That'll teach me to select all paste

=–=-=-=-==-=-===-=-=–==-=–=-=–=-===–=-==-=–=-=–=
Serum release notes
=–=-=-=-==-=-===-=-=–==-=–=-=–=-===–=-==-=–=-=–=
1.29b9(May 23 2020)

Fix: Typing entry values for the ‘new’ FX level knobs was responding in percentages instead of the dB range

Fix: Drag modulators to LFO graph was flickering in some OS/DAW combinations

Fix: Drag modulators to exactly LFO point (instead of X Y) was assigning (to another point) when it should do nothing

Fix: typing negative values setting LFO rate in Hz mode would get accepted in some situations

Fix: changing the preset browser filters/search could leave the previous row location in the list selected.

Fix: modulated icon on numeric controls not drawing the indicator greyed when the mod source was unfocused

Fix: remove modulation from LFO points

FIx: potential memory leak in bitmap loading additional memory footprint reduction

Fix: potential issue in compressor circuit on preset load

Fix: using "(no category)" filter in preset browser was not displaying presets

Fix: wrong assignment for single LFO curve via right-click on Windows

Fix: right-click pop-up menu for LFO points was offset if zoom not 100%

Add: SerumFX now reloads oscillator states from songs (external load / not presets loaded internally).

Add: Improvements to LFO drag to point handling + cosmetics

Add: Remove LFO modulation points checks if the bus is no longer used by points, and if so, removes the bus mod matrix entries

1.29b8(May 20 2020)

Fix: Preset browser was appearing blank in some situations

Fix: alt-drag LFO to wavetable improved

1.29b7(May 18 2020)

New: LFO Point modulation
Right-click (ctrl-click MacOS) on a point in the LFO Graph, you will see “Modulate X” and Modulate Y” options on the pop-up menu.

You will then see a list of (in use) LFO Busses plus one empty one (e.g. you only see "LFO Bus 1" only when starting a new preset) followed by a list of Mod Sources.

By selecting a mod source, you are Creating a Matrix assignment (Selected Mod Source -> LFO Bus) and also the point association (e.g. point X axis->LFO Bus).

The busses allow for multiple points to be controlled by a single Matrix assignment/depth.

You can e.g. drag-select multiple points and assign them to the same bus.

New: drag-export last played note as wav file.
You should see a waveform icon appear when mousing over the very top-left of Serum's window (top-left corner of SERUM logo).

Drag this to the DAW, it records the last played note+velo+duration to a file (Serum Presets/Renders/).

This is a replaying of the note, so the result is like playing the note again (e.g. will not be literally identical in sound if random or BPM-sync features are enabled).

Please note: you are creating audio files on your hard disk by using this feature (they don’t ‘magically’ get created in the DAW project, that would be nice if it were technically possible), so management of these files is up to you. Serum does not use them directly itself, but if you drag it to your DAW, your DAW may now be referencing this file. If you drag a lot you will end up with a lot of audio files in the Renders folder, so you may want to consider file management techniques (e.g. relocate or consolidate if using in a project) ahead of time. You can alt-click the drag export button to open the Renders folder in the OS.

New: Hi resolution resampling of Serum's skin bitmaps on Windows (gets macOS resampling quality).
Since this is heavy computation (slow), to speed up opening Serum, the resized images get cached (%APPDATA%\Xfer\Serum) of the last set skin+zoom size. So Serum will resize slower when setting the zoom to a new setting, or selecting a new skin, but if you save the size and/or skin as the default(s) in the SERUM logo menu, then opening should be faster than ever on subsequent openings of the window.

New: automation parameters for the 8 LFO Rise, LFO Delay controls - these controls were not automatable in the DAW previously. New: Level Trim controls for the effect modules
Clicking on the MIX switch on any effect mix knob will expose a modulatable level parameter, to attenuate or boost the output from any effect. This can be useful for attenuating the effect chain level to e.g. match Direct Out oscillators, or gating/muting sound as well as boosting (e.g. in front of distortion for more drive).
New: velocity (click Y location) to clicking the onscreen piano keyboard
New: “init all LFOs” to main menu
Fix: when at 110% zoom, tooltip numbers were drawing overlapped on adjusting AHDSR controls modulation depth popup value)
Fix: manual value entry on distortion Q below 0.1 would crash
Fix: better browser support for nested folders, truncated text in the preset filters when using Sort by Location
Fix: polyphony limit handling / released notes were getting priority over held notes in some situations.
Fix: “Remove modulator” from menu item on LFO Curve point was not clearing on Windows
Fix: “Remove modulator” on LFO was leaving the point in a ‘selected’ state
Fix: mix/level switch fallback wasn’t appearing if not in Windows skin cache
Fix: LFOs now process if they have a modulation assigned even if no destination
Fix: polyphony limit handling / released notes were getting priority over held notes in some situations.
Fix: LFO bus assignment menu for busses assigned to points but removed from Matrix
fix: LFO shape was displaying incorrect in some situations with adjacent modulated LFO points.
add: alt-dragging a modulated LFO to wavetable will now render out a set of tables with the modulations.
1.294 adds: drop targets for LFO point modulation, I did manage a crash just now making a drag assignment with active notes, so use this feature with crash caution in mind (e.g. saved work). would appreciate any drag and drop testing or gripes

Changes:

New: LFO Point modulation

Right-click (ctrl-click MacOS) on a point in the LFO Graph, you will see “Modulate X” and Modulate Y” options on the pop-up menu.

You will then see a list of (in use) LFO Busses plus one empty one (e.g. you only see "LFO Bus 1" only when starting a new preset) followed by a list of Mod Sources.

By selecting a mod source, you are Creating a Matrix assignment (Selected Mod Source -> LFO Bus) and also the point association (e.g. point X axis->LFO Bus).

The busses allow for multiple points to be controlled by a single Matrix assignment/depth.

You can e.g. drag-select multiple points and assign them to the same bus.

New: drag-export last played note as wav file.

You should see a waveform icon appear when mousing over the very top-left of Serum's window (top-left corner of SERUM logo).
Drag this to the DAW, it records the last played note+velo+duration to a file (Serum Presets/Renders/).

This is a replaying of the note, so the result is like playing the note again (e.g. will not be identical in sound if random or BPM-sync features are enabled).

Please note: you are creating audio files on your hard disk by using this feature (they don’t ‘magically’ get created in the DAW project, that would be nice if it were technically possible), so management of these files is up to you. Serum does not use them directly itself, but if you drag it to your DAW, your DAW may now be referencing this file. If you drag a lot you will end up with a lot of audio files in the Renders folder, so you may want to consider file management techniques (e.g. relocate or consolidate if using in a project) ahead of time. You can alt-click the drag export button to open the Renders folder in the OS.

New: Hi resolution resampling of Serum's skin bitmaps on Windows (gets macOS resampling quality).

Since this is heavy computation (slow), to speed up opening Serum, the resized images get cached (%APPDATA%\Xfer\Serum) of the last set skin+zoom size. So Serum will resize slower when setting the zoom to a new setting, or selecting a new skin, but if you save the size and/or skin as the default(s) in the SERUM logo menu, then opening should be faster than ever on subsequent openings of the window.

New: automation parameters for the 8 LFO Rise, LFO Delay controls - these controls were not automatable in the DAW previously.

New: Level Trim controls for the effect modules

Clicking on the MIX switch on any effect mix knob will expose a modulatable level parameter, to attenuate or boost the output from any effect. This can be useful for attenuating the effect chain level to e.g. match Direct Out oscillators, or gating/muting sound as well as boosting (e.g. in front of distortion for more drive).

Fix: when at 110% zoom, tooltip numbers were drawing overlapped on adjusting AHDSR controls modulation depth popup value (note: it is likely there are similar value-display issues to locate and fix)

Fix: manual value entry on distortion Q below 0.1 would crash

Fix: better browser support for nested folders, truncated text in the preset filters when using Sort by Location

focusrite wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:13 pm Yep. That'll teach me to select all paste
Maybe it's wise to mail Steve Duda about your mistake. Maybe he can give you a new serial number.

very nice. i like!! but i am confused, what the hell did i just upgrade to? my version is not whats in this thread.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:43 pm very nice. i like!! but i am confused, what the hell did i just upgrade to? my version is not whats in this thread.
I think the latest and greatest is distributed vie the Serum forum only, it's been like that from the beginning. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I think so, although I am not sure how Splice's Serum version differs...if at all. I guess asking Steve is the way to find out.

Return to “Instruments”