Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yellowmix wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:52 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:42 pm Hm Melda’s license transfer is a bit offputting to be honest.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/licencing/general

20% of full MSRP... so it's like the Waves model, except the Waves model is 5%. Though their $29 deals come down from, say $299 (J27 Tape) so the fee in that case would be ~$14.95 or 52% of the paid price (plus current WUP).

Looking at Melda's current sale, MSuperLooper at $21 has an MSRP of $109 so the transfer fee would be $21.80 or 104% of the paid price. Let's try something else, MSoundFactory at $219 has an MSRP of $328, the transfer fee is then $65.60 or 30% of the paid price. There's also the standard 50% off, so it doesn't matter what we choose so let's use nice numbers. 20% of an MSRP of $100 sold for $50 is $20, or 40%.
Yes, the Meldaproduction license transfer fee at 20% of original full price is high BUT: with all Melda plugins you get Free-for-life updates (and the updates are coming regularly). For this reason, I think it's a bit pointless to only compare license transfer fees, there are different company policies influencing plugin pricing and license transfer pricing. I'm happy with the Melda pricing policy, at the time I committed to buy one of their bundles I was aware that resale value will be very low but I will never have to spend a single penny on updates.
Last edited by ozonepaul on Wed May 27, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

does anyone know if Melda referral code works only for the first purchase, or only once, or...

I want to buy a couple plugins, but will probably wait for the BF sale, and i don't want to spend my first voucher on the single plug i need to buy during this week's eternal madness. :)

ozonepaul wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:34 am
yellowmix wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:52 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:42 pm Hm Melda’s license transfer is a bit offputting to be honest.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/licencing/general

20% of full MSRP... so it's like the Waves model, except the Waves model is 5%. Though their $29 deals come down from, say $299 (J27 Tape) so the fee in that case would be ~$14.95 or 52% of the paid price (plus current WUP).

Looking at Melda's current sale, MSuperLooper at $21 has an MSRP of $109 so the transfer fee would be $21.80 or 104% of the paid price. Let's try something else, MSoundFactory at $219 has an MSRP of $328, the transfer fee is then $65.60 or 30% of the paid price. There's also the standard 50% off, so it doesn't matter what we choose so let's use nice numbers. 20% of an MSRP of $100 sold for $50 is $20, or 40%.
Yes, the Meldaproduction license transfer fee at 20% of original full price is high BUT: with all Melda plugins you get Free-for-life updates (and the updates are coming regularly). For this reason, I think it's a bit pointless to only compare license transfer fees, there are different company policies influencing plugin pricing and license transfer pricing. I'm happy with the Melda pricing policy, at the time I committed to buy one of their bundles I was aware that resale value will be very low but I will never have to spend a single penny on updates.
if you buy them on sale it is not so bad - you can claw back a bit of the price, which was probably not that high anyway. But if you buy them full price it is not good at all as they sell secondhand relative to the 50% reduction price so you will lose quite a bit.
But I buy their plugins - I think Melda is a good dev and I have always admired the way he has designed his development process very efficiently. Smart

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietzone wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:29 am
Ploki wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 am does anyone know if Melda referral code works only for the first purchase, or only once, or...

I want to buy a couple plugins, but will probably wait for the BF sale, and i don't want to spend my first voucher on the single plug i need to buy during this week's eternal madness. :)
The referral code is only for new users and for the first purchase.

50% off all plugins promo happens a few times per year, most likely it'll happen this summer.

Yeah, use the referral code to get the biggest bundle you can afford. I used mine on the MFreeFXBundle which in hindsight was not smart :dog:
Only the FIRST purchase?
I should wait until a global 50% off then :/

Ploki wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:40 am
quietzone wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:29 am
Ploki wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:39 am does anyone know if Melda referral code works only for the first purchase, or only once, or...

The referral code is only for new users and for the first purchase.

50% off all plugins promo happens a few times per year, most likely it'll happen this summer.

Yeah, use the referral code to get the biggest bundle you can afford. I used mine on the MFreeFXBundle which in hindsight was not smart :dog:
Only the FIRST purchase?
I should wait until a global 50% off then :/
I reached out to them a while ago and Luke confirmed you could get 60% off their bundles during their 50% sale when using the referral code if it's your first purchase.

When I see someone selling a second-hand bundle on KVR, I usually compare it to the following:

Melda Bundles...........MSRP (USD)........60% off (USD)....Transfer Fee (USD)
MCompleteBundle:......$2,088.00............$835.20.................$417.60
MTotalFXBundle:.........$1,868.00............$747.20.................$373.60
MMasteringFXBundle:.....$714.00............$285.60.................$142.80
MMixingFXBundle:.........$659.00............$263.60..................$131.80
MCreativeFXBundle:.......$659.00............$263.60.................$131.80
MEssentialsFXBundle:.....$274.00............$109.60..................$54.80

When upgrading bundles, Melda will gives you 75% of it's value when you upgrade to a bigger bundle that includes it i.e. MMasteringFXBundle to MTotalFXBundle. For second hand licenses and purchases made through some (all?) resellers, they only count half of that, so you would only get 37.5% of the value if you buy a second hand bundle or through a reseller and decide to upgrade to the next tier up.

I also understand that if someone were selling the MCompleteBundle, they would need to pay a fairly expensive transfer fee of $417. Based on the table above, if they sell it at $835.20, the same price that a first time buyer could get it during a 50% sale with the referral code, they'd only get $417.60 for something they've spent quite a bit more on.

For the purchaser, you can only use the referral code once during your first purchase, so if you already own any plugins, then you might be better off getting a new account and purchase a bundle direct from Melda (if you want/need all the plugins in a bundle or plan to upgrade the bundle in the future), especially if you are getting one of their bigger bundles and you've bought mostly second hand or through resellers.

russeault wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm I'm pretty sure that WA Prods are the same people as pluginboutique
Maybe if you said WA and Soundspot were the same people?

Anyway WA are based in Dubai UAE. And PB are in Brighton England. WA production produce a lot of shovelware that they flog on PB, VST Buzz and APD.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

goldenanalog wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:38 pm Magix is an interesting company; although one gets the impression that they’re more of a holdings company at this point.

Having said that: Samplitude is a big deal - always has been, but it seems that every new version starts out buggy - it eventually gets largely ironed out, tho.

They now own almost all the old Sony Professional content: Vegas, Acid, Sound Forge - the legacy Sonic Foundry stuff. And they’ve been recently updating it: 64 bit; etc.

They also own Sequoia - that’s Samplitude’s big brother; the way Nuendo is to Cubase.

Speaking of which:

There seems to a connection between Magix and Steinberg: Steinberg now owns Spectralayers; but Spectralayers is also associated with Magix - you’re going to get the next version of SL when it drops if you buy the X5 Suite - seems very unusual if Steinberg owns the ip, unless there’s a relationship there.
goldenanalog wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm Magix is legit. Weird, different - are probably suitable adjectives to describe. Complicated could be one.

Here’s Sequoia, btw:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/sequoia/

- the above link resolves to Samplitude X5 on my phone for some reason. Here’s another link that helps to identify the differences:

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/magix-seq ... _variant=a
To add to the weirdness, Magix used to sell a cut down DAW based on Logic Pro, called Magix Music Maker. They had some kind of relationship with Emagic before they got took over by Apple.

The one thing I don't understand is why Samplitude is regularly heavily discounted. That's unusual for high end professional tools. Software like Pyramix, Pro Tools and Soundblade doesn't get discounted like that because its not aimed at consumers but at professionals and institutions.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Thanks Solar. :) I guess I need to wait for the sale then.

I have a referral if you need one & I also would wait for the bigger bundle, as my first purchase was also the free pack, so I could have saved more, yet it is also a pretty solid pack. So no regret. :tu:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Hey folks, I just upgraded my AAS Ultra Analog Session to VA-3. They sent me an email with the serial number. When I logged in to my AAS account and selected 'Register Product,' the only option is to enter a package key (not a s/n). There doesn't appear to be a way to register the upgrade within my DAW. I emailed AAS, but haven't heard back. Any suggestions?

Thx!
Kerry

Birchblaze wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:19 pm Hey folks, I just upgraded my AAS Ultra Analog Session to VA-3. They sent me an email with the serial number. When I logged in to my AAS account and selected 'Register Product,' the only option is to enter a package key (not a s/n). There doesn't appear to be a way to register the upgrade within my DAW. I emailed AAS, but haven't heard back. Any suggestions?

Thx!
Kerry
Assuming you bought it from AAS: it's not in your list of products? https://www.applied-acoustics.com/portal/products/

Blaster wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:25 pmAssuming you bought it from AAS: it's not in your list of products? https://www.applied-acoustics.com/portal/products/
Correct. Bought it last night on their website. Received a confirmation email, but it's not in my products list.

Ok, looks like I somehow had 2 accounts registered with 2 different email addresses. They responded and are going to merge the 2 accounts.

Kerry

Birchblaze wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:34 pm
Blaster wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:25 pmAssuming you bought it from AAS: it's not in your list of products? https://www.applied-acoustics.com/portal/products/
Correct. Bought it last night on their website. Received a confirmation email, but it's not in my products list.
IIRC you enter the serial number in the plugin's activation screen after you install it and open it in your DAW for the first time, but it's odd it's not showing in your products list.

Edit: ah, nvm, just read your follow up.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”