Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Calenberger wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:47 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:18 pm He can eat shit.
What's wrong with eating shit?
Millions of flies are doing it...
Babies eat poo, birds eats poo, dogs eat poo, bugs eat poo.. Elephant poo burns and is used as campfires.
I wonder if elephant farts burn too ...

https://youtu.be/KR2p9p21Q8M
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Vortifex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pmIt's not on the main site anywhere. I guess you have to be logged in to see it? Bit dumb, would be nice for potential buyers to see what's been added.
What potential buyers? That's only a hypothetically discussion here.

If you are seriously interested in Serum, check the demo version....

ok 4 reports since I have been home from my meeting...this off topic is finished, please and thank you
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Anybody else gets this GUI glitch starting with 130b1 (and still present in 130b4)?

SerumFX Promethium GUI Glitch.png

The original skin is unaffected, only happens on the Promethium one on any setting above 100% (I mainly use 125%). And only when reloading the plugin, not immediately after the switch. Tried in Studio One, Live and Renoise on Win 7/10 x64.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So iwent and changed the folders name of some third party ones I installed, but now serum doesn't found them, the preset browser still shows the old location and after restarting the plugin, daw and clicking on rescan disk nothing happens.

Anyway to force it to update?
dedication to flying

Have you tried rescanning database from within the presets browser?
LE: I've attached you a picture with the two options that could help you. Try the first one, if that doesn't work, try Erasing and Rebuilding Database. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:34 am Have you tried rescanning database from within the presets browser?
LE: I've attached you a picture with the two options that could help you. Try the first one, if that doesn't work, try Erasing and Rebuilding Database. :tu:
I have tried rescanning, but I don't have the other option, I just checked I my version is from January, I will have to update and see if that fixes.
dedication to flying

Is it okey to sell whole account contain serum since xfer doesnt allow license transfer?

I think you should contact Xfer support about that. Steve would be more than glad to answer your question.

Thank you dude

Edited: where i can get his contact?

Steve is the guy behind Serum. Here is the link, at the bottom of the page you can write him - https://xferrecords.com/support/faqs

I contacted support, Steve didn't seem to understand the issue so i ended fixing it my self. The problem was that serum wasn't rescanning the preset folder, it showed my presets but with the older path, so it couldn't find the file.

I removed the whole folder where my presets were stored, restart serum and now it did rescan, so it just showed the factory patches, then I added my preset folder again, used the rescan option and this it it worked.

nevertheless I have the last version and it doesn't show the "erase and rebuild database" option still.
dedication to flying

I recently formatted my harddrive and installed Serum but now it is asking for a serial number. I'm running Rent To Own version of Serum from Splice and it never asked me for a serial number before so i contacted Splice support and they said i should log out from Splice app and then log in again i tried that but didn't work and i also tried reinstalling the plugin but that didn't work either. I sent them another message saying nothing worked but all i got was a same message they sent me earlier. I think it's a bot or something. What am i supposed to do now?
Am i the only one experiencing this?

OS = Win 10 DAW = REAPER 6.23
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Did you paid the whole Rent To Own plan, yet? Because then you'll get the serial from Splice automatically

Really? I did pay the whole RTO plan a few months ago but never received anything from Splice. That's weird.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Return to “Instruments”