The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:14 am
Michael L wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:11 am
digitalboytn wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:05 am"Disco Sex"
I know you can do a Barry Gibb falsetto :singer:
Thanks. You know what I'm wondering. All the people who voted my music sucks, stop making it, how come none of these people have the guts to come here and tell me to my face? I'd love to hear some of it.
Pretty sure a lot of it is people f**king around or at least have no opinion as to what you should do, ie., the fish option.

jancivil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:14 am
Michael L wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:11 am
digitalboytn wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:05 am"Disco Sex"
I know you can do a Barry Gibb falsetto :singer:
Thanks. You know what I'm wondering. All the people who voted my music sucks, stop making it, how come none of these people have the guts to come here and tell me to my face? I'd love to hear some of it.
Pretty sure a lot of it is people f**king around or at least have no opinion as to what you should do, ie., the fish option.
I'm not so sure Jan. I think there are plenty of people around here who wish I would just disappear altogether. :lol: :party: :hug: :help:

Either someone here follows me around constantly, and knows my habits well enough to locate any post I make within seconds (meaning one or two seconds), or KVR has a setting where every post of mine generates one downvote automatically. No exaggeration.

It doesn’t pay to care very much (if at all) what people think.

(I may have eluded them momentarily posting in the Cafe)

jancivil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:57 pm Either someone here follows me around constantly, and knows my habits well enough to locate any post I make within seconds (meaning one or two seconds), or KVR has a setting where every post of mine generates one downvote automatically. No exaggeration.

It doesn’t pay to care very much (if at all) what people think.
You are very wise. Anyway, I hope you're doing well. Missed having you around here.

Anyway, off to my next NiN concoction.

If Country had examples which aren’t commercial pablum, I maybe could vote. I don’t personally want to hear most things lol. Maybe the NIN, albeit not a huge fan.

One of my better bands was a country band. But we ranged from as-authentic-as-we-could-manage Hank Williams to ultra sophisticated arrangements of, eg., Wichita Lineman. All covers.

I appear to have peaked as a guitarist in 1987.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed May 27, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jancivil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:04 pm If Country had examples which aren’t commercial pablum, I maybe could vote. I don’t personally want to hear most things lol. Maybe the NIN, albeit not a huge fan.

One of my better bands was a country band. But we ranged from as-authentic-as-we-could-manage Hank Williams to very sophisticated arrangements of, eg., Wichita Lineman. All covers.

So I peaked as a guitarist some 33 yrs ago.
My peak as a guitarist was before I ever picked one up.

That was my first mistake.

lol

My bass player in that band (Allen Whitman) joined Joe Satriani in 2010

4th track from my upcoming CD "Hammers And Nails"

Really let myself go on the vocals on this one. Decapitator covers up a lot of sins. Also my first use of OVox. You'll never guess where it is in the song. Okay, maybe you will.

Might take a short break to do another track for my Outtakes II CD. Will give me time to come up with more ideas for this one.

I Got Nuthin For You

You want things
Nice things
Pretty things
No way

You want love
Sweet love
Pretty love
No way

I got nuthin for you
I got nuthin for you
I got nuthin for you
I got nuthin...nuthin for you

You want peace
Quiet peace
Pretty peace
No way

You want life
Long life
Pretty life
No way

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... in-for-you

2nd Track from my upcoming CD "Outtakes II"

Did another cover of my friend Kane Williams' song. This one I changed quite a bit.

You Don't Love Me At All

Did you think I wouldn't hear what you've been saying
When there's talk all over this here little town
Did you think I wouldn't see the games you're playing
I knew your hand before you put it down

Did you think I'm just gonna take it
Just be quiet and smile
Now did you think I would never break it
And you could just move on to another one

You don't love me at all
It's like we're doing time
You don't love me at all
Wasting yours and mine
You don't love me at all
You don't even try to hide it
You don't love me
You don't love me

Do you think I can believe a word you're saying
When the smell of his cologne is on your clothes
It's the same old record you've been playing
You better take that jam and move on down the road

Did you think you would just say sorry
And everything would be fine
I can't believe you told me not to worry
Was just a little fling it didn't mean a thing

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus To Fade

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -me-at-all

That was more saxy then sexy. Probably no second date but nice try.

empphryio wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:15 am That was more saxy then sexy. Probably no second date but nice try.
I assume you're referring to the track "Is This Sexy Enough For You"

Yes. I know that was like hours and hours ago. You've produced and uploaded two other songs since then.

empphryio wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 am Yes. I know that was like hours and hours ago. You've produced and uploaded two other songs since then.
Cool. Just wanted t make sure.

I voted 'your music sucks', not because I've listened to it recently but because your lyrics on the sex song are some of the worst I've ever read. But then I've always thought this was a parody thread anyway, so what do I know.

And yes, you attracted me with the poll which I wanted to read and of course wasn't going to bother to vote in. But man, those lyrics.

(wasn't gonna post my comment either but you seem to think that voting requires an explanation otherwise we're 'gutless' so here ya go.)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm I voted 'your music sucks', not because I've listened to it recently but because your lyrics on the sex song are some of the worst I've ever read. But then I've always thought this was a parody thread anyway, so what do I know.

And yes, you attracted me with the poll which I wanted to read and of course wasn't going to bother to vote in. But man, those lyrics.

(wasn't gonna post my comment either but you seem to think that voting requires an explanation otherwise we're 'gutless' so here ya go.)
Thank you. Appreciate the participation.

Feel free to come again, though I imagine you probably won't. :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”