The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

“I voted 'your music sucks', not because I've listened to it recently but because your lyrics“
Unclear on the concept...

Sturgeon’s Law: 90% of anything is crap.

jancivil wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm Sturgeon’s Law: 90% of anything is crap.
sturgeons law - if you dont get the answer you wanted, have another referendum :hihi:

Sturgeon deemed Sturgeon's law to mean "nothing is always absolutely so" in the story "The Claustrophile" in a 1956 issue of Galaxy.[8] The second adage**, variously rendered as "ninety percent of everything is crud" or "ninety percent of everything is crap", was known as "Sturgeon's Revelation", formulated as such in his book review column for Venture[2*]in 1957
*: Sturgeon, Theodore (1957). "On Hand ... Offhand: Books". Venture Science Fiction. Vol. 1 no. 5. p. 49
**: the definition listed in the Oxford English Dictionary.

it was a crap joke about a politician here :oops:
tbh, ive thought shes been pretty good at showing bojo how a leader should lead in a crisis :clap:

sure, that figures

jancivil wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:09 pm “I voted 'your music sucks', not because I've listened to it recently but because your lyrics“
Nope.

BTW, you defend his lyrics?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:26 pm it was a crap joke about a politician here :oops:
Wasn't crap, was good.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:29 pm
jancivil wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:09 pm “I voted 'your music sucks', not because I've listened to it recently but because your lyrics“
Nope.

Lyrics, which are protected by free speech, don't have to be "defended". I think the question you mean to ask was "Do you like his lyrics?"

Personally, I don't care if you like my lyrics, hate my lyrics or are indifferent to my lyrics.

I do however appreciate you having the guts to tell me how much you hate what I do. So far, you're the only one. So a big :tu: for that.

I don’t even know about the lyrics. Lyrics ≠ music. “Your music sucks because... lyrics” confuses words for music. If one hears it not speaking any, say, English, one will be judging the music as music.
Not a terrifically difficult concept.

I think a lot of Wagtunes sound good. :shrug:.
It’s fairly pop-oriented, so I don’t have a lot of business to critique it, I don’t live in that naborhood.

youtube is the place to go to thumbs down everything you personally don’t like (except even that place got rid of thumbs down on comments), now KVR. Who cares what you or I dislike.

I'm not criticising his playing/sequencing ability.

And you again missed my initial point but as you said, who even cares.

revvy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:31 pm I'm not criticising his playing/sequencing ability.

And you again missed my initial point but as you said, who even cares.
I certainly don't.

vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:17 pm
jancivil wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm Sturgeon’s Law: 90% of anything is crap.
sturgeons law - if you dont get the answer you wanted, have another referendum :hihi:
:roll:
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

biomechanoid wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:41 pm
vurt wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:17 pm
:roll:
it was a joke :shrug:
im all for scottish independence, as well as welsh, so long as one or the other allows me to come over :)

Return to “Music Cafe”