What is a DAW?
2%
Fish
8%

Total votes: 372

RELATED
PRODUCTS

beltrom wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:07 pm
One of the ones I had kept an eye on were Reason.
I forgot about Reason. I have that one installed too. I use the rack plugin all the time because I started with Reason and I am more familiar with some of the instruments. But I still love playing around with it as a host now and again.

antic604 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm
Serhii Kot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:22 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:22 pm
Serhii Kot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:20 am...And now I am itching to buy and explore Cubase 10, can somebody help me?
Yes. I've 10.5 Pro for sale :)
Not that kind of help I was asking :D
I thought someone will reason me, and my poor choices.
Yeah, I have Reason too but it's not for sale :P :hihi:
V10? V11?

We could collab with that too :hyper:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:51 pm
Serhii Kot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:20 am...And now I am itching to buy and explore Cubase 10, can somebody help me?
V10? V11?

v11 :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:03 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:51 pm
V10? V11?

v11 :)
Ah.. Still 10 but 11 at some point.

Having learnt to use FLStudio over 20 years since v2.6, I'm not sure I'd have the patience to learn how to use another DAW, them being as complex as they are these days, and I'm glad I don't have to :D
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

There was a time when I was rather unhappy with Cubase (when C7 first appeared) and I was all set to switch DAWs. I then tested S1, Samplitude, Reaper and cakewalk, but I was immediately annoyed that they didn’t work like Cubase, didn’t have the features Cubase had or the workflow or the shortcuts or whatever. Eventually I decided that I preferred making music instead of spending months to learn a new DAW and get comfortable with it.
So I just stayed on C6 for some years until C9, had to get used to the new look, but never looked back or wanted to use another DAW again. Just not worth the time for me.

Tracktion Waveform is so easy and intuitive for me that’s where I create.

To separate the mixing process, I use a tool designed for just that (like I typically use an EQ to EQ things): Mixbus32C. Plus it sounds great with all the built in summing etc. I also never need to shop or buy channel strips.

Upgrading to new versions is typically < $150 or so, combined.

middle_color wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:20 pm For me making music is gaming in the first place. So i just like gamification side of it. Would you play the same and only one game the whole life? :?: :D
Actually I know tons of folks that still play Counter Strike 1.6, they mastered it and they play tournaments, online and all that, same few maps year after year, that's about only game they play.

Our recording engineer still uses old Cubase SX3 on Windows XP with same old console and bunch of outboard gear, Genelec's 1031's, NS10's and all that, it works, he get the job done!

Different strokes for different folks, I don't see making music as gaming challenge or I seek for constant shortcuts, cheats, hacks or whatever, I enjoy creating music and I don't want my tools to get in the way of that, music is happening in me all the time and I need the tools to capture it, biggest satisfaction for me is creating emotion that resonates with my music, everything else is irrelevant.

still learning Logic, but quite interesting that it can use folder clips which can contain additionally tracks which ones can be routed to the same channel strip, currently Logic can use two different clip types one of it is the standard clip(midi regions in Logic), other is the new pattern one (pattern region) and the pattern type one can be used very nicely together with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmNw5QeWSdA
modulation processor 3244 (needs a bluecat patchwork mfx wrapper to able to separate the triggering notes(based on their different MIDI channel, from the standard ones, Logic uses omnichannel on its channel strips) very interesting concept can't remember to see this in other DAWs

just wanted to share because without using modulation processor 3244 I've found Logic a bit useless after Bitwig so maybe can help to somebody to able to decide between them
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

andypryce wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:28 pm My own experience
Checking other DAWs is a big trap. You start to like certain features exclusive to each and then you go mental before you know it and jump from one to the other all day :lol:
I am at the edge of uninstalling all and sticking to Cubase Pro no matter what :lol:
Good experience and good conclusion :) In my case I installed all for some time and kept switching till I found the best overall, but and this is important, not according to logic only! It is mostly according to the feel. Which one I really feel comfortable working with that keeps me return to it and feel "Yes! This is the one!". The only challenge now is to resist seductions from other DAWs :hihi: Maybe just like women! Stick with one and don't look at others! However, be always ready for a sudden change in plans! Just in case she stabs you in the back, but in general DAWs are more stable than women :lol:

Ableton: feedback routing.

Bitwig: everything else.

fese wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:38 pmI preferred making music instead of spending months to learn a new DAW and get comfortable with it. Just not worth the time for me.
This.
Steve Reich uses only Reason's NN-XT for his mockups.
Hans Zimmer owns just a few synths.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:55 pm
fese wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:38 pmI preferred making music instead of spending months to learn a new DAW and get comfortable with it. Just not worth the time for me.
This.
Steve Reich uses only Reason's NN-XT for his mockups.
Hans Zimmer owns just a few synths.
Just a few.

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Michael L wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:55 pm Hans Zimmer owns just a few synths.
Ehhmm.. not really. :)
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

EnGee wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:43 pm
andypryce wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:28 pm My own experience
Checking other DAWs is a big trap. You start to like certain features exclusive to each and then you go mental before you know it and jump from one to the other all day :lol:
I am at the edge of uninstalling all and sticking to Cubase Pro no matter what :lol:
Good experience and good conclusion :) In my case I installed all for some time and kept switching till I found the best overall, but and this is important, not according to logic only! It is mostly according to the feel. Which one I really feel comfortable working with that keeps me return to it and feel "Yes! This is the one!". The only challenge now is to resist seductions from other DAWs :hihi: Maybe just like women! Stick with one and don't look at others! However, be always ready for a sudden change in plans! Just in case she stabs you in the back, but in general DAWs are more stable than women :lol:
I know right? If I go all Cubase I will itch for Live for sure :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”