One Synth Challenge #135: TRICENT mk III by Full Bucket Music (jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tricent mk III

Ok, one good example for freakouts is the preset "Wide Stereo Pad". During playing all is relatively well, but once you let it release and just after it sounds like it has gone silent, the CPU rockets up and stays up until I turn the synth off.

Well, I wonder, if it's a new MuLab issue?! :shrug: ...so strange. I've literally turned everything off except for the synths and it still happens.
Having OTT on will make it happen sooner, which makes me wonder, if it somehow raises the last throws of waveform data to create a MuLab internal denormal issue or so?! No clue...

Denormal problems are usually bound to 32-bit, reverbs are especially prone to that...

Thought so, too, but I turned it ALL off, literally everything except the synths... :( ...I honestly do not think it is the synths at all, but something else. May be just a little hint from fate that I shouldn't bother with music right now... probably right. :tu:

Just checked the "Wide Stereo Pad" in MuLab myself - nothing special with respect to CPU usage etc. here.

But note that this patch "tweaks" the number of voices from 8 to 64.
That's eight times the original Trident, i.e. 188 kg instead of the original 23.5 kg (about 414.5 lbs or 29.6 st). I would expect problems when lifting this weight, not when releasing it... :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

Yeah, I suspect it's not Tricent at all that's the problem. Thus: Don't worry, you're doing brilliantly as always, B! :tu:
...I will know when I'll be allowed to return to music and it will be good times again! :hyper:

:( would have loved to hear a Tricent track from you... :cry:

I have to do a bunch of tracks for you by now, because I literally love everyone of your synths and didn't get to do tracks with them for some super odd reason?! :shrug: .... BUT they will all come. I dare promise that! :hug:

Do it old school, record one by one as if the DAW would be an analog multitrack tape recorder connected to a SSL desk, like in the old days in studios only the celebrities could afford...

Doing a track for a change this month! I had a hard time coming up with drums I liked even with the tricks above, so this month is going to be all about percussive bass. :D

Hi,
that's my first time in OSC and actually the first time I (more or less) finished anything :party:

https://soundcloud.com/htohgrom/critent

DAW: Ableton Live 10.1, all effects stock.
16 instances of Tricent in total.

Snare: 2x Tricent, 1x Glue Compressor, 1x EQ Eight, 1x Reverb
Kick: 1x Tricent, 1x Glue Compressor
HiHat: 1x Tricent, 1x EQ Eight
Cymbal: 3x Tricent, 1x EQ Eight, 1x Delay
Bass: 1x Tricent, 1x EQ Eight, 1x Compressor
Pad: 2x Tricent, 1x Compressor, 2x EQ Eight
Detuned keys: 3x Tricent
Keys: 1x Tricent, 1x EQ Eight
Arp: 1x Tricent, 1x EQ Eight
FX: 1x Tricent

Reverb and delay on sends, limiter on master and some automation.

That was fun and I have learned a lot along the way :D
Last edited by htohgrom on Thu May 28, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal in my heart
Synths in my sound card

Here's my submission for this month:

https://soundcloud.com/digitalxero/sail ... icent-seas

Not sure if it sounds any good but I am happy with at least finishing a track :tu: It's a fun synth

DAW: Ableton Live 10.1
14x instances of tricent

Effects used (all built in)
13x eq eight
4x compressor
1x glue compressor
1x limiter

I'm taking a mulligan from two weeks ago when i submitted. Sorry to waste people's time. Won't happen again. It do appreciate that some people submit pretty early in the month but I'm not the person to do that. I'm having issues with music sounding very different to me from day to day and week to week.

Anyway here is my real submission.
https://soundcloud.com/infinitetelemach ... 135tricent
9 instances of Tricent in Reaper 6.08
BlueArp, Green Eugene, Ferric TDS, Valhalla Supermassive, Luftikus, TDR Kotelnikov, ReaEQ, Loudmax. (Edit: added TDR Nova and TDR slickEQ and removed Luftikus.)

Thanks to Kraftraum for the kick preset. Wouldn't have occurred to me to use the brass for it.
Last edited by empphryio on Sun May 31, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empphryio wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:03 am I'm taking a mulligan from two weeks ago when i submitted. Sorry to waste people's time. Won't happen again. It do appreciate that some people submit pretty early in the month but I'm not the person to do that. I'm having issues with music sounding very different to me from day to day and week to week.

Anyway here is my real submission.
https://soundcloud.com/infinitetelemach ... 135tricent
9 instances of Tricent in Reaper 6.08
BlueArp, Green Eugene, Ferric TDS, Valhalla Supermassive, Luftikus, TDR Kotelnikov, ReaEQ, Loudmax
Thanks to Kraftraum for the kick preset. Wouldn't have occurred to me to use the brass for it.
I wouldn’t worry yerself
Many Osc’ers change their submissions especially if they have SC pro
Just make sure your happy with what you’ve submitted
That’s the best outlook to take :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Hey empphryio, don't worry about changing things, most do it all the time. We all know how things sound different after leaving things for a few days - always a good thing to do anyway IMO. At least with a final deadline we all can finish something rather than simply tweak and tweak for ever!

dB

Here is my entry, for what it's worth. I'm kind of depressed about how good everyone else's entries so far are. Especially the percussion sounds people came up with. I largely gave up on mine.

edit: forgot my details:
DAW : Reaper
Extra plugins used:
JS : Stereo Enhancer from Reaper,
ReaComp,
ReaEQ,
Dragonfly Hall reverb,
JS: Transient Controller from Reaper

https://soundcloud.com/amc-strikes-again/heurel

Return to “Instruments”