Roland Cloud - big change

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

Aloysius wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:16 pm Yes. It's working for me.
So how many factory banks do you see? Should be only one with the Lite version.

The amount of presets i found are:
- Factory banks A-G: 3678
- all 10 SDZ sound packs: 314
- all 15 EXZ expansions: 2352

So overall the factory banks include the biggest amount of presets.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I asked Roland support if we can buy keys for the Zenology factory banks. Bank A is the only one that comes with Lite.

The answer was “not at this time.”

So, one can buy the packs, but one must subscribe to use the factory banks (aside from A).

It’s annoying and inconsistent.

I hate subscriptions. I just want to buy all the factory content for Zenology. And the packs.

Roland: I want to give you money. Why you make it so hard?

Ingonator wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:23 pm

PRST_A Factory Presets
EXZ008 Vintage Keys
User
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:55 pmOnly problem is, EZBass and Saturn 2 are out tomorrow. Plus, KORG have updated 4 of their products for PC today. I think I'll be gettin' EXZ015 asap but not for a few days anyway.
Which Korg products were updated?

MDE-X_2_0_1
MonoPoly_2_0_2
MS-20_2_0_5
Polysix_2_0_5

Have been using the Zenology plugin a bit tonight, have joined the basic level subscription having read they don't charge for 30 days (and it's only $3 for the month when they do) and it has revealed a few little gripes I have that hopefully can be rectified in later releases :-
  • The preset window is modal so you can't do anything else in your DAW while it's open
  • Really needs users to be able to add user-definable tags to make the thousands of presets manageable
  • Could really do with independent FX presets you can save so you can dial up the same FX preset quickly on other sounds
  • The limitation of the one chosen MFX kind of makes me not want to use them at all anyway
  • especially with no reverb a lot of the presets sound dull and lifeless at first. Maybe the Pro version will offer a multi stage FX chain that isn't available in the standard version? And accurate RV-500/Space Echo emulations?
  • The switchable selectors like Unison and Portamento are just on/off with no other controls which is extremely limited. The Pro version better have control over this sort of stuff on a deeper level or the model simulations are going to suck.
Good things I've found - a lot of really great preset sounds in there and I like the 'recent presets' list so you can revisit recent patches you've been playing with. A lot of value for the ROMpler basic Zenology plugin, but there's a fair few things they need to add in the Pro version for me to be interested.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Well I got EXZ015 Vintage Synth expansion and am enjoying it.

The ZEN-Core Sound Packs are very good value. I wasn't sure what they were at first. The ones I've tried have all got 30 instruments and one drum kit. Very good value at 99 us cents each. Can't go wrong imho.

FotoxBr wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:02 am I own a MC-101. Some of the promotion illustrations I have seen about Zenology show some sort of interaction between Zenology software and MC-101 (and -707). I subscribed and downloaded the software, but this is not currently possible as far as I know. Only fantom, jupiter x(m) and rd-88 seem to be supported in some way. Any word about patch exchange with the mc range ?
The latest system update for mc-101 makes it possible to load soundpacks downloaded from the Roland cloud into the device. The Roland Cloud management software has changed the layout a bit in order to make this visible. A MC-707/101 tab has been added now.

Is anyone having trouble uninstalling Roland Cloud Manager?
When trying to uninstall the app in Windows 10, I get the message that "maintenance tool.exe" is not available. The only related file I find in the folder is "maintenancetool.exe.new". When trying to change this to an .exe-file it doesn't help. Now, after changing it back to an exe.new file, "PermissionHelper.exe asks for permission to change the unit", then nothing happens.
I cannot delete the whole folder either, as it says that "the program is in use and has to be closed first"...

(Updated to latest version, have sent a support ticket btw).

Edit: Fixed by helpful support :) Had to force quit RCMService.
Last edited by svart on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i still cannot claim more unlimited licenses! i have nearly 3 years full now and only got 2, and afaik i should be able to claim 4 more.... there is no option!
Ingonator wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:23 pm

i see the XV-5080 vst has A-G banks, where are the expansions available for the xv5080 :(?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I ran through a load of Zenology presets in the expansions list today and I have to say they were really samey.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Did anyone post this?
From June 9th to June 23rd, Enjoy the SH-2 virtual synthesizer and our Space Aged patch collection for free with a Roland Account! Simply log into Roland Cloud Manager, install the SH-2 from your library, and download the patch collection from the software section.

SH-2: Space Aged features 64 presets for Roland Cloud’s recreation of the iconic SH-2, the little monosynth that could. Crafted by top sound designers, this collection will blast your tracks into the stratosphere. Expand your music while exploring a galaxy of sound with SH-2: Space Aged.
The patches in SH-2: Space Aged take advantage of the SH-2’s arpeggiator function. Pulling inspiration from space, these sounds evoke the constellations with their complexity, richness, and usability.
Each preset is ready to infuse your music with interstellar flavor. Check out the black hole-like low end of “Deep Walking Bass,” or fall into an arpeggiated asteroid belt with “Never Ending.”

Try the SH-2 and our SH-2: Space Aged collection today for free with a Roland Account!*

*After June 23rd your SH-2 entitlements will only be available with a Roland Cloud Ultimate membership or a Lifetime Key purchase
I couldn't open the cloud the past few days. Had to uninstall, download new version and install that to get it working. Twas then that I saw the lovely message above. I find their instructions a wee bit confusing but I downloaded the SH-2 and it installed. When I opened it in Ableton it seemed to have a ton of presets. So ... I don't know what ''download the patch collection from the software section'' means exactly.

Aloysius wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:17 am Did anyone post this?
From June 9th to June 23rd, Enjoy the SH-2 virtual synthesizer and our Space Aged patch collection for free with a Roland Account! Simply log into Roland Cloud Manager, install the SH-2 from your library, and download the patch collection from the software section.

SH-2: Space Aged features 64 presets for Roland Cloud’s recreation of the iconic SH-2, the little monosynth that could. Crafted by top sound designers, this collection will blast your tracks into the stratosphere. Expand your music while exploring a galaxy of sound with SH-2: Space Aged.
The patches in SH-2: Space Aged take advantage of the SH-2’s arpeggiator function. Pulling inspiration from space, these sounds evoke the constellations with their complexity, richness, and usability.
Each preset is ready to infuse your music with interstellar flavor. Check out the black hole-like low end of “Deep Walking Bass,” or fall into an arpeggiated asteroid belt with “Never Ending.”

Try the SH-2 and our SH-2: Space Aged collection today for free with a Roland Account!*

*After June 23rd your SH-2 entitlements will only be available with a Roland Cloud Ultimate membership or a Lifetime Key purchase
I couldn't open the cloud the past few days. Had to uninstall, download new version and install that to get it working. Twas then that I saw the lovely message above. I find their instructions a wee bit confusing but I downloaded the SH-2 and it installed. When I opened it in Ableton it seemed to have a ton of presets. So ... I don't know what ''download the patch collection from the software section'' means exactly.
To get "SH-2 Space Aged" you might follow those steps in Roland Cloud Manager
- click at "Software" at the left of the GUI
- click at "Patches" in the upper right of the GUI
- click at the blue coolored "SH-2 Space Aged" text/link
- click at the blue "Install" button
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Caine123 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:34 pm i still cannot claim more unlimited licenses! i have nearly 3 years full now and only got 2, and afaik i should be able to claim 4 more.... there is no option!
Email support. That is how I claimed my licenses from last year.

Ingonator wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:31 am
Aloysius wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:17 am Did anyone post this?

To get "SH-2 Space Aged" you might follow those steps in Roland Cloud Manager
- click at "Software" at the left of the GUI
- click at "Patches" in the upper right of the GUI
- click at the blue coolored "SH-2 Space Aged" text/link
- click at the blue "Install" button
Thank you Ingonator. :tu: You've been a good help to me in this Thread.

I'll check your instructions out later on today. :tu:

I just purchased the D-50. I've always wanted one. Tried to talk myself out of it earlier but failed. :)

Return to “Instruments”