Audiority Tube Modulator updated to v1.4.1 - Vintage Modulations Plugin (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tube Modulator

Audiority wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:46 pm Yes, if you gets the input stage to saturate
Great - thanks! :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:42 am Nice update, thanks! Are you rolling out VST3 for all your plugins?
Yes, we are releasing VST3 versions for all of them :)

Hey Luca

Just chiming in to say how much I love the Tube Modulator.

But, since oversampling is discussed here, too, I wanted to report an issue with oversampling in your DS-1 emulation I‘m currently demoing.

There, if you select a different circuit type (let‘s say bass), then activate HQ, the sound switches to a different circuit, I think it’s the default or first in the list. Once in that state, you can’t switch circuits anymore. Other than that, the guitar pedals are absolutely worth a look even for non-guitarists. Good job!
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Thanks for the heads up!

Tube Modulator updated to v1.2.1
– NEW: XY Scope display modes (right click on the display)
– FIX: XY Scope reduced framerate

To update download and install the demo version from the product page or from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:20 pm Tube Modulator updated to v1.2.1
– NEW: XY Scope display modes (right click on the display)
– FIX: XY Scope reduced framerate

To update download and install the demo version from the product page or from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca
Thanks Luca. It works much smoother now (not that it mattered for the sound, but now sure looks better!) Thanks!
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Try the new scope display modes :D

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:23 pm Don't try it. Buy it! :)

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Modulator

:tu:
Yes that's true. :-)
Audiority is one of the best plugin devs out there. What I like so much is that they seems to be created by someone who has a very good taste of audio. The range of colouration you get out of them are working very good mostly and are just making the sound better. I don't need hours of knob fiddling to get a good sound. Add the constant updates on top and the simple copy protection and you have something I really enjoy buying.

That said, I'm not sure if huge 50%+ discounts like this one are best long term. I respect uhe and valhalla a lot to just stick with a fixed price. This gives a certain value when you buy something. I think the Audiority plugins are so well priced anyhow. But I have no idea of the business side. When it makes sense for them I'm the last one that want to say something bad about it!
Last edited by midi_transmission on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loving the plugin! It sounds so good.

I've also got a bug to report using v1.2.1 --

For both Amplitude and Position LFOs, three of the modes appear to have an issue with the range of values that they scan through. These LFO modes are only scanning through *half* of the values (positive only, negative values seem to be skipped). For example, the panner only goes to the right side in these modes:
- Blip Down
- Random
- Smooth Random

Also noticed another *possible* issue: Wow Flutter mode seems to be biased to one side of the stereo field (regardless of LFO shape). I could be wrong but it sounds like it.

midi_transmission wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:56 am
That said, I'm not sure if huge 50%+ discounts like this one are best long term. I respect uhe and valhalla a lot to just stick with a fixed price. This gives a certain value when you buy something. I think the Audiority plugins are so well priced anyhow. But I have no idea of the business side. When it makes sense for them I'm the last one that want to say something bad about it!
As far as I understand, this is not how it works. Plugin Boutique is a so-called "reseller" and if a audio company chooses to sell their product via their platform, than in return the platforms is also granted permission to put one or more of the products on sales / discounts every now and then at their own discretion without having to ask the audio company every time.

The audio company basically gets more exposure through these platforms than they would get if they sold exclusively via their own website, but in turn they often have to accept these conditions.

Think about it: a site like Plugin Boutique has grown hugely popular exactly because they constantly have some highly sought after products on sale (not the same product every time, but alternating every few weeks). That makes people visit the site regularly to check for sales and in the process they might end up buying something, that they did not intend to buy initially.

And when a highly sought after product is heavily reduced it will also often sell at an exponential rate compared to the usual price typically.

Tube Modulator updated to v1.2.2
– FIX: Ableton Live 10 crashing when loading a project with HQ enabled (VST3 only)
– FIX: unipolar output for some LFO waveforms

Cheers,
Luca

1.2.2 -'68 Vibe, Rate 5, Amount 0, LFO Sine. When I turn the knob Amount > 0, there is audible click and it forces Panner and Leslie to have a left stereo field bias. Wow/Flutter does not seem to be affected. Very clear in Reaper Goniometer. edit: Also happens but to a lesser extent '68 Chorus Vibe

Hi,
I'm trying to replicate the issue. What Reaper version are you running? I assume you are on Windows, so using VST3 version of the plugin.

Thanks,
Luca

Return to “Effects”