Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

itanever wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:39 pm
itanever wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:24 pm I've got a spare $50 PA voucher. PM me if interested.
Seems like PA vouchers aren't very popular, at least the $50 ones. :D Anyhow, it's still available.
The voucher and/or sales are great to get some plugins for under $30, however their offerings are very specific -- quite a few overlap, so people purchase a handful of the ones they really want and nothing else is worth throwing money at. Grab one of their channel strips, one of their eq/compressors, couple other interesting ones and you're done. With so many competitors also selling hundreds of versions of X effect or whatever, few will plunk it all down under one roof.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:38 pm Komplete goes on sale often, sometimes crazy cheap -- however I have never been happier since a few years ago deciding to not install it, and avoiding buying anything offered with 'kontakt' required. Kontakt is by far the lease enjoyable app to work with as far as I'm concerned, and I've grown less interested in using other peoples sample libraries as time goes on.

Regardless, every time the sales popup I think... do I miss having that stuff? The answer is no, but still hard to resist just getting it for the hell of it.
i don't know. i personally find the Kontakt ecosystem quite good. I have only compared to IKM SampleTank and like Kontakt much better. Once you dig into it, it's got great stuff and pretty much all you need. The only thing with it is that it has that "NI sound" to it. It's hard to describe but its there. I first heard about it a few years ago and didn't quite believe it. But now I think I am starting to notice it. I sometimes wonder if one would get a more unique sounding track if you use a mix of a few different VSTs from UVI/Falcon, NI/Kontakt, Steinberg/Halion, IKM/Sample e.t.c. instead of making a track using VST's all from one vendor. Not sure about that yet.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:49 pm
Psuper wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:38 pm Komplete goes on sale often, sometimes crazy cheap -- however I have never been happier since a few years ago deciding to not install it, and avoiding buying anything offered with 'kontakt' required. Kontakt is by far the lease enjoyable app to work with as far as I'm concerned, and I've grown less interested in using other peoples sample libraries as time goes on.

Regardless, every time the sales popup I think... do I miss having that stuff? The answer is no, but still hard to resist just getting it for the hell of it.
i don't know. i personally find the Kontakt ecosystem quite good. I have only compared to IKM SampleTank and like Kontakt much better. Once you dig into it, it's got great stuff and pretty much all you need. The only thing with it is that it has that "NI sound" to it. It's hard to describe but its there. I first heard about it a few years ago and didn't quite believe it. But now I think I am starting to notice it. I sometimes wonder if one would get a more unique sounding track if you use a mix of a few different VSTs from UVI/Falcon, NI/Kontakt, Steinberg/Halion, IKM/Sample e.t.c. instead of making a track using VST's all from one vendor. Not sure about that yet.
I used it for years too and totally understand the appeal, not only from us as musicians but as developers creating a sample product. Especially if you work in a portion of the industry that requires you to have a vast and varied soundscape. Not that it can't be achieved elsewhere, but Komplete is one of the easier ways to achieve that.
Have you tried Vital?

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:32 pm
yellowmix wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 pm
UnbalancedBeats wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:54 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:52 am Just tested the KHs coupon and it has been used. Gotta be quick around here.
And did not even said "thanks"
The forum is publicly-viewable without an account, they may not be able to say thanks. If you want to restrict it to members have them PM you for it. On some other forums they create a puzzle to solve the code but that's more for bots that scrape it and I don't think that's a problem here.
I see... maybe next time solving a riddle will be required :wink:
Giving away my PA 25USD monthly voucher and as promised... here goes the riddle: :lol: EDIT: given away
How can you leave a room with two legs and return with six legs? (send me a pm FIFO)
Last edited by UnbalancedBeats on Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ere2learn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm Last 2 days to grab some,end of an era :(

Sample Magic - 70% off everything

https://www.samplemagic.com/

We're closing down our website soon, as we are now amalgamating further into the Splice
family.

To thank you all we've got 70% off everything on our site until the end of May! Don't miss out.
some samples would be cheaper buying directly through Splice. But it seems that Splice only provide .wav files, and Sample Magic has .wav, .rex2, and apple sound files. Does it worth to pay more and have the .rex2 files (I'm not an apple user)? Thanks!

Do you have anything that needs REX files? Just about every DAW sold today happily finds beats in regular WAVs for slicing. So, probably not. But, if you use Stylus RMX or Dr Octorex (or the version of it that's in Korg Gadget) and want to import any of these without manually editing them in Recycle, then the REXs would be handy.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:15 pm Do you have anything that needs REX files? Just about every DAW sold today happily finds beats in regular WAVs for slicing. So, probably not. But, if you use Stylus RMX or Dr Octorex (or the version of it that's in Korg Gadget) and want to import any of these without manually editing them in Recycle, then the REXs would be handy.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe here is not the right place to ask about it (samples forum would be a better idea I suppose?), but I am beginnig in the "sample world" and as far as I could grasp, rex2 files would be better to stretch, right? Another than that, they are already sliced and it'd be easier to create my own samples, if I got it right. Or is it something not updated anymore? Is Recycle still a good option to create / edit your own loops? Sorry for the noob questions!! (and if it's too much, I'd happly make a thread in another forum)

what about the UVI Falcon Expansion "Buy one Get one free"??? I added 2 in the cart but no discount is applied...

Last edited by sqigls on Sun May 31, 2020 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

autodafe wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:46 pm what about the UVI Falcon Expansion "Buy one Get one free"??? I added 2 in the cart but no discount is applied...
Works for me, came up with

Voucher: Deal Falcon Expansions -€39

Are you sure they're actually Falcon expansions and not from some other library?
Expansions are on this page
https://www.uvi.net/falcon-expansions

The only other thing I can think is happening is somehow your browser adblocker is blocking some script or something. Which would be really odd because I don't know why anyone would put that stuff client side rather than server side.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Looking for opinions from folks here about NI Pharlight. As an avid deal follower ,$150 is a lot for a vst these days to me. I already have NI Komplete 12 CE and a lot of other instruments, but this would seem to cover a spot that I have a need for. I'm assuming that it wont be added to the upcoming Summer of Sound sale since its new, so I'd have to either buy now or wait a year for a discount. I'm downloading the demo as I write, but any thoughts as to when it might see a discount if I dont buy now?

peakles wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 pm Thanks for the reply. Maybe here is not the right place to ask about it (samples forum would be a better idea I suppose?), but I am beginnig in the "sample world" and as far as I could grasp, rex2 files would be better to stretch, right? Another than that, they are already sliced and it'd be easier to create my own samples, if I got it right. Or is it something not updated anymore? Is Recycle still a good option to create / edit your own loops? Sorry for the noob questions!! (and if it's too much, I'd happly make a thread in another forum)
A DAW that can slice and also knows how to adjust the slices to tempo changes can do the same. However REX2 also has some pitching info. And if the sample provider sliced it well it saves you time and can be better than algorithmic slicing. There is also the benefit that REX2 files are compressed so take up less space. On the other hand not all samplers/plugins that accept WAV can accept REX2, so you can't for example load it into Iris 2 or Omnisphere. But if I really want that I can just import it into my DAW and bounce it.

Recycle is good if you want to create your own REX2 files, that's about it. So most benefit to sample developers. If it's for your own personal use, you can create true ACIDized WAV files (not just metadata but slice points). As of now, the only software I know that can do that is ACID itself and REAPER. REAPER non-commercial license is less expensive than Recycle.

Personally I opt for REX2 for drum loops. I can throw them into Geist 2 without slicing and get to work fast. I can open them in my DAW and they'll auto-adjust to tempo. Saves me the slicing step, and any timesaver is worth it to me.

I believe Sound Forge can make ACIDized loops also. Both ACIDized and Rex2 loops allow for changes to tempo and key if your DAW will do it. Recycle is the only one that will make Rex2 files.

I believe you can get a version of Sound Forge on sale right now in a bundle with Samplitude 4 suite and Spectral Layers. (Note that I added bargain info to make it fit the thread) :) I haven't ever seen Recycle on sale. I bought it years ago and rarely use it. But then I don't do much loops.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:58 am Looking for opinions from folks here about NI Pharlight. As an avid deal follower ,$150 is a lot for a vst these days to me. I already have NI Komplete 12 CE and a lot of other instruments, but this would seem to cover a spot that I have a need for. I'm assuming that it wont be added to the upcoming Summer of Sound sale since its new, so I'd have to either buy now or wait a year for a discount. I'm downloading the demo as I write, but any thoughts as to when it might see a discount if I dont buy now?
If it ends up in K13U or K13CE and you were intending to upgrade then I guess you'd be wasting money, but it'd come down to your needs/wants.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

peakles wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 pm Thanks for the reply. Maybe here is not the right place to ask about it (samples forum would be a better idea I suppose?), but I am beginnig in the "sample world" and as far as I could grasp, rex2 files would be better to stretch, right? Another than that, they are already sliced and it'd be easier to create my own samples, if I got it right. Or is it something not updated anymore? Is Recycle still a good option to create / edit your own loops? Sorry for the noob questions!! (and if it's too much, I'd happly make a thread in another forum)
rex2 files are good if you want to play the slices in Stylus or re-order the sounds in the loops. If you only want to have the loops match the tempo of your music, I personally find that it sounds cleaner using time stretching. rex2 was useful for tempo matching 20 years ago when time stretching algorithms sounded terrible but most DAW's have excellent sounding time stretching built-in now.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”