Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 am
exmatproton wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 pm i've got a couple of plugins where this is implemented the same way. Center is no change, off center is pingpong. Works pretty good. This way one can choose how much, and which way, the pingpong reacts. I like it
You have a couple of plugins where the Delay Ping Pong is dependent on the Oscillator Amplifier Pan ?

Which ones ? Because as far as I can remember none of the dozens of synth plugins I own operate that way...nor should they. :?
exmatproton wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm Ow...i hope it won't get changed! It works like a charm (as long as the original sound won't get panned ofcourse)
That's the problem. That way it is now the original sound is panned. Like I say not optimal.
no no.. i mean that there is panning knob in the delay unit ofcourse ;) The implementation is good, however TheWaveWarden should add a panknob in the delay unit itself. So you can pan the incoming signal to get a pingpong effect.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:51 am
exmatproton wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm Ow...i hope it won't get changed! It works like a charm (as long as the original sound won't get panned ofcourse)
I expected it to be weird in the beginning (I always imagined the dry signal to get hard-panned as well automatically, which is of course not the case). Now that I implemented it, it sounds quite natural to me, as the basis of the sound is still centered. I think I'll leave it that way
No, what i meant was; maybe you should add a pan-knob in the delay unit. So you can pan the incomming signal apart from the amp's pan. The rest of the implementation is spot-on. After the amp/pan section : [pan-delay-wetoutput]

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:17 am
exmatproton wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 pm
i've got a couple of plugins where this is implemented the same way. Center is no change, off center is pingpong. Works pretty good. This way one can choose how much, and which way, the pingpong reacts. I like it
You have a couple of plugins where the Delay Ping Pong is dependent on the Oscillator Amplifier Pan ?

Which ones ? Because as far as I can remember none of the dozens of synth plugins I own operate that way...nor should they. :?
No. Ihave a couple of plugins with an incoming pan knob before it hits the delay. This results in center to 100% panning options. I also have some plugins that don't have a pan option. These resulting in *always Ping first (left) and then Pong (right). And there is no way to change that.

In that sense thís implementation in Odin2 is good. That the pp delay is reacting to the incoming signal and reacts with a *first delay opposite from the incomming signal.

(should've been more clear about this :) Sorry for that)

Hi,

I'm testing Odin in Ardour 6.0 with Debian and after pressing the load button for patches nothing happens. Also save doesn't work.
Can anyone reproduce this?

exmatproton wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:16 pm no no.. i mean that there is panning knob in the delay unit ofcourse ;) The implementation is good, however TheWaveWarden should add a panknob in the delay unit itself. So you can pan the incoming signal to get a pingpong effect.
This would be ideal imo .. if there is enough space on the UI, that is ^^

[/quote]
lilith93 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:02 pm Hi,

I'm testing Odin in Ardour 6.0 with Debian and after pressing the load button for patches nothing happens. Also save doesn't work.
Yes, I just tried on Debian + Ardour6 and I have the same issue. No idea what's happening though, maybe Ardour is prohibiting the opening of native OS windows in some way? I'll have to investigate.
tomx2188 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:28 pm
exmatproton wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:16 pm no no.. i mean that there is panning knob in the delay unit ofcourse ;) The implementation is good, however TheWaveWarden should add a panknob in the delay unit itself. So you can pan the incoming signal to get a pingpong effect.
This would be ideal imo .. if there is enough space on the UI, that is ^^
Yeah GUI-space is the keyword here :wink: The implementation right now is to have it panned hard-left, which seems to work well

lilith93 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:02 pm Hi,

Works for me on openSUSE TW via KDialog. Maybe some package is missed?

Might just be a tad bit late to join, but definitely looks intriguing.
Take care :wink:

consordini wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:53 pm Might just be a tad bit late to join, but definitely looks intriguing.
It's never too late :wink:

It's gonna be big!
Odin2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Erisian wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:21 pm It's gonna be big!
Odin2.png
Nice :D This is where he belongs, in the fjords of the nordlands.

A rendering job of yours? :)

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Erisian wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:21 pm It's gonna be big!

Odin2.png
Nice :D This is where he belongs, in the fjords of the nordlands.

A rendering job of yours? :)
Yes, using Bryce 3D and Gimp. :)

I was sad that early on I couldn’t use because of the avx thingy
Then you kindly fixed for all :)

This is super cool synth
It’s like an all you can eat buffet @ a Michelin 5* restaurant :D

I’ve been noticing some weird behaviour with the loop, as I’ve been using it for some crazy Snare drum madness, seems to roll before a note is pressed, not sure if this is natural behaviour or been mentioned before

:tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:21 pm I’ve been noticing some weird behaviour with the loop, as I’ve been using it for some crazy Snare drum madness, seems to roll before a note is pressed, not sure if this is natural behaviour or been mentioned before
Hey, could you elaborate some more? What's weird exactly, how do you trigger it?

Feel free to send a patch or audio file as well

I just saw this post about another plugin....

"Juce's personal license (there's a "Made with JUCE" splash screen when you open them), which means they also send usage data to Google Analytics, so beware."

Is this true ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”