Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^
Great to know the pricing of Echoboy.

But the best deal was the one mentioned above by SolarAxix.

So now do I spend the $49 for Echoboy?
On the fence but will likely not.
There is always Black Friday. Less than six months to go. :D

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 am We now are under curfew due to the riots. Anyone outside of their homes will be arrested. Fortunately, all businesses are shut down because of the quarantine so there's nowhere to go, anyway!
Will JRR be participating in the NI Summer of Sound this year?
A well-behaved signature.

telecode wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 pm Hello, re: fanatical deal posted on no chat. can anyone confirm, it's a legit company? the SF deal is tempting but seems like a pretty old version of SF. They are at SF 14.x and the deal from magix is for SF 13.x. Fanatical is offering SF 12.x
It's Sound Forge Audio Studio which is a cut down version of Sound Forge. Still not a bad deal, just FYI.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:28 pm ^^^
Sound Forge Pro 13 and 14 I believe includes Spectral Layers 6 and version 7 when it is released. Too bad SF PRo 12 does not. https://www.magix.com/us/music/sound-fo ... -forge-pro
I hope that SF Pro 13 goes on sale at Humble Bundle soon.
Hey Kalamata Kid, bk's warning here applies to you, and all of us users who'd like to see tools like these at accessible prices:
bk wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:01 pmIt's Sound Forge Audio Studio which is a cut down version of Sound Forge. Still not a bad deal, just FYI.
Yes, this Fanatical.com offer does not include SoundForge Pro 12 version (current is version 14), just the limited "studio" one. Plus, Spectralayers being an associated independent developer nowadays is closer to Steinberg, so I doubt SL will be present outside of Pro Suite versions.

That said, last year Magix Humble Bundle included legacy Pro versions. It remains a clever way to expand their customer base, helping both a cause and users that otherwise wouldn't have a chance.
In the case of specialized tools like SoundForge and more so, Spectralayers, a user base expansion could prove to be important since it will increase diverse involvement in their forums, support and testing.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:59 pm Will JRR be participating in the NI Summer of Sound this year?
Yes. For some reason they started it late in the US:

https://www.jrrshop.com/native-instrume ... _from_date

No extra discounts and it takes us 24 hours to get them, unfortunately. :-/

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:39 pm ^^^

I like Valhalla Delay better, and it’s always $50. Not to say Echoboy is bad - not in the slightest. It certainly isn’t worth more than $50 anymore, given the competition!

JRR shop NI sale: when visiting the site, for me unclear what the Komplete 12 Ultimate upgrade price from the Komplete 11 Ultimate is?
$ 199 is the ”update”, is that the price?

”50% off all Native Instruments Komplete upgrades and updates:
https://www.jrrshop.com/native-instrume ... _from_date”

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:02 am JRR shop NI sale: when visiting the site, for me unclear what the Komplete 12 Ultimate upgrade price from the Komplete 11 Ultimate is?

Yes, K11U to K12U is called "update". Basically, moving higher to the same versions/types is update and moving from lower version to higher is upgrade (e.g. K11 to K12U).

The best way is to always login to your NI account and add the product in your cart. It will show you your eligibility. Then, get it from JRR Shop or whatever suits you best.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:39 pm ^^^

I like Valhalla Delay better, and it’s always $50. Not to say Echoboy is bad - not in the slightest. It certainly isn’t worth more than $50 anymore, given the competition!
What you say makes sense.
For me, I already have many plugins and very few gaps that need to be filled. So if there are overlapping plugins, only a very low price will entice me to buy.

But sometime the GAS overrides logic.
Warning: I gotta release some GAS and you know what happens then.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:02 am JRR shop NI sale: when visiting the site, for me unclear what the Komplete 12 Ultimate upgrade price from the Komplete 11 Ultimate is?

Yes, that is correct. Komplete 12 Ultimate Update:

https://www.jrrshop.com/native-instrume ... ate-update

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:41 am Warning: I gotta release some GAS and you know what happens then.
You cork the GAS hole with a plugin?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:22 am

Yes, K11U to K12U is called "update". Basically, moving higher to the same versions/types is update and moving from lower version to higher is upgrade (e.g. K11 to K12U).

The best way is to always login to your NI account and add the product in your cart. It will show you your eligibility. Then, get it from JRR Shop or whatever suits you best.
OK - finding out the eligibility is no problem, my present K11U is the fifth NI Komplete.
But the update/upgrade is a bit confusing: for me the update is reserved for the (minor) upper version of the same products, where as the upper Komplete versions typically include tens of totally new products.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:06 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:41 am Warning: I gotta release some GAS and you know what happens then.
:o :hihi: :hihi: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:06 am
So are you saying that I need to buy a plugin and plugin it to my GAS hole and deprive the world from the aroma?

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:52 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:22 am

OK - finding out the eligibility is no problem, my present K11U is the fifth NI Komplete.
But the update/upgrade is a bit confusing: for me the update is reserved for the (minor) upper version of the same products, where as the upper Komplete versions typically include tens of totally new products.
I did not understand exactly, but the important part is having the base version registered in your account. It should be quite simple, especially when you have been using NI products for so long. :)

If you have K8U, K9U, K10U, K11U and you want K12U, having only K8U registered in your account will suffice. You could even resell K9U, K10U and K11U. Normally you won't miss out on anything in doing so, but always make sure all the things you really want are there in the latest bundle.

Not sure if it helped, but just thought to mention it.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”