Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamison wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:37 pm it is coming up at $99 and not $84. Is there a code to add?
Have you added it to the basket as $99 is the headline price?
With JRR a lot of stuff gets discounted in the basket.
If not, then there are codes.

you replied too quickly! yes, I hadn't gone to the checkout area. All good.

agharta wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 pm 3. Maybe better for sound design whereas RX is seen as one of the industry standards I think!.
I read a blog that says the same thing but I don’t understand the basis for it. It seems to me they do exactly the same thing. The RX spectral editor has always done everything I need, I’ve never used it and thought “if only it could...”

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:57 pm
agharta wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 pm 3. Maybe better for sound design whereas RX is seen as one of the industry standards I think!.
I read a blog that says the same thing but I don’t understand the basis for it. It seems to me they do exactly the same thing. The RX spectral editor has always done everything I need, I’ve never used it and thought “if only it could...”
That's why I qualified my statement as it could be hearsay and I don't like to spread rumours without making it clear that's what they are.
Overall from what I've heard I'd buy RX7 as a safer bet as I've only heard positives about it.

agharta wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:01 pm That's why I qualified my statement as it could be hearsay and I don't like to spread rumours without making it clear that's what they are.
Sorry, I hope it didn’t sound like I was contradicting you. I’m far from an expert on SL and could absolutely be ignorant of some aspect that makes it great.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:04 pm
agharta wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:01 pm That's why I qualified my statement as it could be hearsay and I don't like to spread rumours without making it clear that's what they are.
Sorry, I hope it didn’t sound like I was contradicting you. I’m far from an expert on SL and could absolutely be ignorant of some aspect that makes it great.
Not at all. I was just being cautious in passing on info about 2 products that I haven't personally compared.
Sometimes you pick up info on your travels and feel it may be worth sharing even though it's not from direct experience.

agharta wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:36 pm
telecode wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:09 pmi just need something i can clean up useless ambient audio frequencies. i might jump on the SL deal. looking thru the manual and doc. i just get a weird vibe about Magix. its like they are a Corel kind of company. not a market leader and just gimicky ads. i dont know.
SL was not created by Magix and they passed it on to Steinberg fairly quickly after purchasing it.
There are reasons not to buy SL but I don't see Magix as being one of them.

For cleaning up audio RX 7 Standard is worth consideration.
Get the Crossgrade for $84
https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-rx-crossgrade

If you don't have a base for the crossgrade get this for ~$10:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... erb-Stereo

Hi Eric, any chance we can get confirmation that if we have iZotope Ozone 8 Elements in our account, we qualify for this RX crossgrade ?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm
telecode wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:09 pmi just need something i can clean up useless ambient audio frequencies. i might jump on the SL deal. looking thru the manual and doc. i just get a weird vibe about Magix. its like they are a Corel kind of company. not a market leader and just gimicky ads. i dont know.
SL was not created by Magix and they passed it on to Steinberg fairly quickly after purchasing it.

Hi Eric, any chance we can get confirmation that if we have iZotope Ozone 8 Elements in our account, we qualify for this RX crossgrade ?
You should qualify. If you login to your izotope account it will tell you what you can purchase, then purchase it from JRR. Ive found izotope to be pretty loose with crossgrade/ upgrade rules when I’ve contacted them. And RX is great, well worth the price.

Last edited by telecode on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

mrufino1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:41 am
telecode wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm

You should qualify. If you login to your izotope account it will tell you what you can purchase, then purchase it from JRR. Ive found izotope to be pretty loose with crossgrade/ upgrade rules when I’ve contacted them. And RX is great, well worth the price.
I am seeing there is a deal for RX elements and a whole bunch of others for $50. And comparing it with RX Standard deal. I only need the vocal dialogue tools to remove ambient noise and bring forward dialogue. Anyone knwo if you need De-rustle and Dialogue Isolate?

**dupe post removed**

telecode wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:26 amI am seeing there is a deal for RX elements and a whole bunch of others for $50. And comparing it with RX Standard deal. I only need the vocal dialogue tools to remove ambient noise and bring forward dialogue. Anyone knwo if you need De-rustle and Dialogue Isolate?
It's hard to say as it depends on the exact nature of what you are trying to do.
iZotope do have demos but maybe not for the Elements stuff!

telecode wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:25 pm Hi Eric, any chance we can get confirmation that if we have iZotope Ozone 8 Elements in our account, we qualify for this RX crossgrade ?
Yes, you qualify.

The only things that don't qualify are the free products like Vinyl and Ozone Imager.

telecode wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:26 am I only need the vocal dialogue tools to remove ambient noise and bring forward dialogue. Anyone knwo if you need De-rustle and Dialogue Isolate?
Yes, Dialogue Isolate does exactly that.

Do keep in mind that a super low price like this might be an indication that a new version is coming soon.

First, there is not SpectraLayers deal (as yesterday) out there yet. It could be soon, since version 7 is already announced and that could take a month, but not much more than that.

Then regular launch SL deals are not that attractive. At first years (2012), it was sold for $399 new, with yearly $199 upgrades. Since most versions came with relevant novel features, even skipping one meant $600 cost in three years, which course is astronomical, crazy pricing for most users.
Then Sony Creative Software (Japan/US), sold their Pro software division to MAGIX (GER) a few years ago, but Spectralayers/Divideframe (France) has always only been an associated developer. The founder is a research pioneer in the field and is always coming with novel features, the kind that can be later copied and streamlined by the likes of iZotope.

Anyway, (it is an unusual story, so needs to be told). At 2018 we found that Steinberg stepped in, which is good because SL aim is to be the specialized tool to attach to all DAWs and workflows and Steinberg is behind the ARA protocol, that supposedly reached maturity with ARA2.
So SL6 was jointly released, but still is waiting for full implementation, up to now and SL has yet to deliver the promised (and published) ARA2 functionality and so users are waiting that update, which should be delivered before Spectralayers 7 is released. Once it works in one version it will work in the next too.

All that said, the reason for choosing RX7 Standard over SL7 would be its steep learning curve and what your actual workflow needs are.
iZotope gravitates toward ONE KNOB solves all, whereas SL is the every-time-deeper photoshop of audio (Photosounder is an economic alternative, that appears to be resurrected...).
So if you do manual frame by frame kind of cleaning/design, like forensic or detailed sound design work, then the powerful SL selection palette might be what you need.
However SL also has very efficient spectral "casting" and "molding" easy tools which are the bigger weapon there is at the Loudness Wars, but highly destructive, to the point of leaving your stems unrecoverable for future alternative mastering, if you don't save them elsewhere before the process.

Back to the offers, pricing could have changed like it has in most of the industry (including RX). Since 2018, SL legacy versions had been offered at Samplitude Suite sales, and also at other specific vendors sales. However SL past versions are not recommended, mainly because what iZotope RX7 and other spectral editors do today is mostly the same (or more) of what SL,1,2,3,4 do.
So discard those earlier SL versions... Version 6 is yet to deliver and we will soon see what version 7 price is. The only reason to buy an early version of SL would be in order to later get a discount upgrade to latest SL version. And there were a couple of weeks at Steinberg SL launch, when updates were offered for $50 and $100 depending on your version number, but only happened once.

//Personally I wish that Steinberg manages to build a larger and varied customer base. It will provide feedback, help with testing and with the learning curve at forums and groups, plus generate novel uses and workflows, apart from ease integration with other software platforms. Cubase is there, a valuable learning that has taken more than 20 years...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”