RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

buzz1 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:16 pm
Stefken wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:18 pm Vely rice :tu:
That has a GRAIN of truth in it.
:tu:

And once again, Rapid nails it. Blown away, and can't wait to play with it.

I don't own this synth, but, I must say that i'm quite impressed how much stuff was added to it in such a short amount of time. Other devs (I won't name names...) promise a lot, and yet, even after years, there's no sign of these promised features, but instead, the synths have seen a lot of updates with micro additions or bug fixes only. Quite impressed by the pace of development here. And, the "new" GUI really looks fantastic.

looks and sounds a great synth, are there any deals to get this cheaper, its a little too much for me atm, does it ever go on sale? #cheers
Tony
Last edited by tonymax on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tonymax wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:23 pm lloks and sounds a great synth, are there any dals to get this cheaper, its a little too much for me atm, does it ever go on sale? #cheers
Tony
Hi Tony. I'm aware of sales in the past with 40% discount, not sure if they ever do any lower than that. Gets the price down to near the €100 mark which is pretty good I think. It's a very powerful synth with great sound and the CPU usage is much better than I would have expected when I tried the demo, even on my old 2013 Macbook. Lifetime free updates as well according the FAQ.

Personally I think these granular demos sound really great.

Edit - just did a quick google and found references to 45% off.

thanks quincy, worth waiting a little then,
quincy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:33 pm
tonymax wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:23 pm lloks and sounds a great synth, are there any dals to get this cheaper, its a little too much for me atm, does it ever go on sale? #cheers
Tony
Hi Tony. I'm aware of sales in the past with 40% discount, not sure if they ever do any lower than that. Gets the price down to near the €100 mark which is pretty good I think. It's a very powerful synth with great sound and the CPU usage is much better than I would have expected when I tried the demo, even on my old 2013 Macbook. Lifetime free updates as well according the FAQ.

Personally I think these granular demos sound really great.

Edit - just did a quick google and found references to 45% off.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:20 pm I must say that i'm quite impressed how much stuff was added to it in such a short amount of time. Other devs (I won't name names...) promise a lot, and yet, even after years, there's no sign of these promised features, but instead, the synths have seen a lot of updates with micro additions or bug fixes only. Quite impressed by the pace of development here. And, the "new" GUI really looks fantastic.
+1

With it's granular update Rapid might well and truly cure my GAS for good.

skyscape wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:31 pm With it's granular update Rapid might well and truly cure my GAS for good.
Cannot wait to try it out!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I’m having problems using the demo with FL Studio. It often loads very slowly or even crashes whole FL Studio. But sometimes it works just fine. Anyone else having issues when using with FL?

Looks interesting - just a bit worried if it won’t work with FL properly.

parawave wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:48 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:02 amplease check also tp add GRAIN ENV :)
There's a morphable grain envelope with various kinds of grain shapes.

Here's a first audio preview of the sounds you can expect from it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKtoqEVsOLM
Sounds incredible - it obviously works, and there is evidence it has been tested.

As far I can make out - it must be ready for release :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :tu: :tu: :tu:

uhhhh i hope so that the engine is really awesome for drones!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I guess there are no excuses left for not getting RAPID. Not even GAS is a valid excuse :tu: :shrug:

one thing i dont like so far, is there a way to set DEFAULT importstyle? cause every time you have to choose how to resynthesize?
i hope with granular synth you just can drag and drop instantly without anyy extra menu :) also keeping settings like start, end loops etc.

Importing everything into Rapid is very painful, have to mention. Please, allow to import folders and add drag & drop features.

Return to “Instruments”