Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

seangm wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:44 pm Hope this isn't hijacking the thread (maybe it is) but is anyone else having an issue where every time you bring up Massive X it re-scans every preset (which takes 5-10 minutes)? If I'm the only one it's happening to I'll open a ticket but I wanted to see if it's a known issue. thanks
Yes, me too. It doesn’t take quite that long for me since I don’t have many user presets (maybe 20 seconds) but still annoying. I resorted to deleting the user presets except the ones I know I want.

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:59 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:28 pm So after two weeks of not looking at it, it’s frustrating to have to think “how do I do that again?”
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:29 pm Me too! Hahah
I didn't even remember there were black knobs!
It seems that people have a hard time remember anything about this UI, without having it right in front of their face. Do you actually think this is a good thing?
There's a beautiful painting in my dinner room wall that has been there for years, but I have a hard time remembering its details. The same applies to MX.

I think you are now pushing it a bit too hard, man.

wombat778 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:47 pm
seangm wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:44 pm Hope this isn't hijacking the thread (maybe it is) but is anyone else having an issue where every time you bring up Massive X it re-scans every preset (which takes 5-10 minutes)? If I'm the only one it's happening to I'll open a ticket but I wanted to see if it's a known issue. thanks
Yes, me too. It doesn’t take quite that long for me since I don’t have many user presets (maybe 20 seconds) but still annoying. I resorted to deleting the user presets except the ones I know I want.
Ok thanks, good to know. I'm going to open a ticket. I have a ton of user presets and kind of a slow machine so it takes a long time for mine to scan.

It doesn't do that here. Takes a bit to load the plugin, but, it neither scans all presets on every load, nor did it take 5 to 10 minutes for the initial scan.

Do you have MX or the additional files installed in C:/ProgramFiles on Windows by chance? Maybe it just can't write settings to the folder, due to a permission issue. In that case, try to start your DAW as admin user two times, to see if MX still does the scanning the second time, and, if that's the case, re-install MX, and install it to a folder where your Windows user has full permission to write to files.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:19 pm
It doesn't do that here. Takes a bit to load the plugin, but, it neither scans all presets on every load, nor did it take 5 to 10 minutes for the initial scan.

Do you have MX or the additional files installed in C:/ProgramFiles on Windows by chance? Maybe it just can't write settings to the folder, due to a permission issue. In that case, try to start your DAW as admin user two times, to see if MX still does the scanning the second time, and, if that's the case, re-install MX, and install it to a folder where your Windows user has full permission to write to files.
Cool, thanks for the troubleshooting tips, I'll take a look at where it's installed. I did use Native Access to install and let it pick the installation path so maybe I need to re-install in an accessible folder like you're saying.

I'm not sure now what Native Access picks as the default path, but, it could well be something in the ProgramFiles folder. I always set it to a custom folder on my D: drive.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:29 pm
sinemotor wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm I use this synth all the time and I had to check a picture of the interface to remember which knobs are black... I see "Level" or "Pan" above the knob. That is the important information.
Me too! Hahah
@Stefken & co.: QED. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:00 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:29 pm
sinemotor wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:15 pm I use this synth all the time and I had to check a picture of the interface to remember which knobs are black... I see "Level" or "Pan" above the knob. That is the important information.
Me too! Hahah
@Stefken & co.: QED. :)
You can't run statistics on a single item :wink: .

In my language they say: one swallow does not make spring.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:53 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:28 pm So after two weeks of not looking at it, it’s frustrating to have to think “how do I do that again?”
It seems that people have a hard time remember anything about this UI, without having it right in front of their face. Do you actually think this is a good thing?
There's a beautiful painting in my dinner room wall that has been there for years, but I have a hard time remembering its details. The same applies to MX.

I guess this post would make sense if someone kept an image of Massive X up on their dining room wall. I personally use a plugin to design a sound, and when I get it like I want it, I close down the UI and just concentrate on making music, but I guess I’m a weird-o.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:48 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:53 pm

I guess this post would make sense if someone kept an image of Massive X up on their dining room wall. I personally use a plugin to design a sound, and when I get it like I want it, I close down the UI and just concentrate on making music, but I guess I’m a weird-o.
And I think you didn't get it, but we're kinda agreeing here. I do care about having visually inspiring synths (and MX is one of them for me), but that only goes to the point where I start to concentrate in the music, just as I only care about the painting being a good contribution the the aesthetics of my room, nothing more.

In other words: you don't care or know shit about an UI. No sense entering into a discussion about it then.

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:22 pmYou can't run statistics on a single item :wink: .
It was a single quote but more than one people commented just about the same exact thing in the exact same way. But don't worry, usage metrics are being watched at NI. People are just using MX a lot and that's all there's to it. Nobody cares about knob color what or whys. Just a couple of super-anal KvRians, as per usual. :P

Well, i don't believe a word about it.
Ni pays your bills and you have a reputation of defending your employer towards EVERY possible criticism. Even very justified ones like e.g. how poor the browser is. You could be true and just say: yeah, it isn't all that good but no you always have an answer. Or trying to deflect the focus on smaller issues like the color of the knobs. That was just one example but you stay silent about the other issues...

I don't believe for a second that MX is a success. There are updates but they are slow, so NI isn't all that keen to invest in it. The poor communication about cpu requirements also pissed off quite a few people.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:13 pm Man, sometimes the amount of blah in relation to just making music with your tools here is really shocking.
Sez 24k posts in ten years. :hihi:

But yea guys, just crank up the.. pan.. level.. and jam out.
ImageImageImageImage

Stefken wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:40 pm In other words: you don't care or know shit about an UI. No sense entering into a discussion about it then.
Why are you so angry and so unpolite with others, Stefken?
MX works very well for me, and for many others. Isn't it what matters?
If you don't like it, why do you bother?
Why are you here insulting others because of that?
Take a breath, my friend.

Return to “Instruments”